Westinghouse monitors

B

bryantl

Audiophyte
I purchased a Westinghouse LCM-22w2 for $315 10 months ago off of Ebay. It has already gone out. Westinghouse will not honor the warranty and would not even provide me with any information on servicing the product. I now have a 22-inch paper weight that was rather costly considering it's only 10 months of service. I will never buy a Westinghouse product again.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome to the forum, bryantl.

Sorry to hear about that. Never any fun to have something stop working. You could look at it this way...you got to use a 22" LCD for only about $1/day. In rental terms, not too bad. :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
This is a risk you take buying anything off FleaBay unfortunately.

J

JonBaker99

Audioholic
Really glad I bought mine from BestBuy for $189. Woot!

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
I purchased a Westinghouse LCM-22w2 for $315 10 months ago off of Ebay. It has already gone out. Westinghouse will not honor the warranty and would not even provide me with any information on servicing the product. I now have a 22-inch paper weight that was rather costly considering it's only 10 months of service. I will never buy a Westinghouse product again.
Westinghouse has a horrible reliability track record, ditto for Olevia/Dell. My father in law went through your ordeal with a Westinghouse.

nova

nova

Full Audioholic
I will never buy a Westinghouse product again.
I don't think you could afford to buy ANY Westinghouse product (just try to price match an AP1000) http://www.westinghousenuclear.com/AP1000/index.shtm :). Westinghouse is no longer the Westinghouse of old. Pretty much the only thing left of Westinghouse is the nuclear services / nuclear power and stuff. All that other junk with the Westinghouse name on it is just that, JUNK. Well,...maybe not all of it is junk, but it is not made by Westinghouse. IIRC there are about 10 companies that have purchased a license that allows them to stick the Westinghouse name on products and sell them as such.

I know none of this helps with your LCD problems, but I thought everyone could find it relevant as the Westinghouse LCD's have become quite attractive due to the name recognition and price,... unfortunately the REAL Westinghouse is not there to back them up. And as a side note, to make things really interesting as well as confusing.... Westinghouse is now owned by Toshiba. :D That is,... errr,... whats left of the real Westinghouse,...ummm,.. well sorta, since the real Westinghouse bought CBS, the changed their name to CBS, then sold what was Westinghouse to British Nuclear Fuels Limited,... and then,.... oh, nevermind :rolleyes:

Last edited:
stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
That's like the old Bell+Howell projectors of years ago, that company went under and someone bought the name, now they make ultra-cheap electric razors advertised for 19.99 (you get 2 for that price!) so you can imagine the quality!:eek:

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
That's like the old Bell+Howell projectors of years ago, that company went under and someone bought the name, now they make ultra-cheap electric razors advertised for 19.99 (you get 2 for that price!) so you can imagine the quality!:eek:
The electronics world is littered with the sad remains of old, perished iconic companies. Along with Westinghouse and B & H, you can also add RCA and Magnavox, names bought from dead companies.

nav

nav

Audioholic
More off-topic: Add Akai (half owned by Grande Holdings Ltd) for televisions, Sansui (also owned by Grande Holdings Ltd) for Orion-made televisions (Orion manufactures quite a few lower-end products, including some of Toshiba's product line), and Nakamichi to the "salvaged" brand names list. (I'm sure more examples will come to mind as soon as I hit reply.)

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
I have two Westinghouse 20" LCD monitors. They are both under a year old but I paid less than $500 for both of them. If they last two years I'll be happy. If they last less than that I'll be annoyed but happy that I had them instead of the crappy old CRT monitors I had before. :)

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
More off-topic: Add Akai (half owned by Grande Holdings Ltd) for televisions, Sansui (also owned by Grande Holdings Ltd) for Orion-made televisions (Orion manufactures quite a few lower-end products, including some of Toshiba's product line), and Nakamichi to the "salvaged" brand names list. (I'm sure more examples will come to mind as soon as I hit reply.)
Add Carver, Jensen, and Acoustic research the the "salvage" list.:)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis