gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Why don't you cross off the out dated items and proceed from there. As a service provider, and we your clients, it would be good to see what you have fixed and what still remains an issue in a tabulated form. Your welcome BTW. ;)
Well when we actually get paying clients, I will consider your suggestion. Geesh the gratitude :rolleyes:

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
The search function isn't working. Has anyone considered how this is affecting Adam?
Quite frankly I don't get this one. I search topics just fine on the new forum. If I type "Yamaha receivers" I get a list of related threads. This is how it used to work with our old forum too.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Quite frankly I don't get this one. I search topics just fine on the new forum. If I type "Yamaha receivers" I get a list of related threads. This is how it used to work with our old forum too.
Gene, it used to allow showing related threads or related posts. Even though the current search function allows us to check posts or threads, it always only shows threads. It can significantly increase the required search time to have to go into each related thread and then search that specific thread for related posts using the "search this thread" option.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Well when we actually get paying clients, I will consider your suggestion. Geesh the gratitude :rolleyes:
When we get paid to spend hours helping all the people who come here asking for advice, I'll consider compiling the list. Geesh the gratitude. :rolleyes:

I'm half poking fun, but you've got to know that some of us have spent many, many hours over the years helping people out that come here - which helps your brand name. :) And we've done it all for free.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Something else I just noticed, and it may be just me, but I went into the search function. Clicked on search all types and saved my preferences. I then did a search for ATI, which has been discussed on here many many times. The brand comes up nearly any time an amplifier discussion comes up thanks to ADTG :)p) but the search returned absolutely nothing. Not sure what the problem with that is.

Gene, it used to allow showing related threads or related posts. Even though the current search function allows us to check posts or threads, it always only shows threads. It can significantly increase the required search time to have to go into each related thread and then search that specific thread for related posts using the "search this thread" option.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah I feel the same gratitude for compiling the list. I guess we have that in common. :rolleyes:

Enough of the pot shots... There is still the issue of not being able to differentiate threads where one who has posted/replied in from those that have not been replied to.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Edit - forget it, apparently what I was about to say doesn't work, actually does work, but I'm not sure why it has been fighting me. (the img BB code)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Try now. I also added most of the mods to it so it can be edited.
Woohoo, thanks! 2013 - what a wonderful sight. :) The next great step will be to populate it once again with all of the birthdays. That's the reason that I liked the calendar.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
When I move my cursor onto 'search' it does not turn into a hand with the extended index fingy as it does on 'quick links' which is right beside it. I want a refund. :D

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I made some minor tweaks today to the forum:

• increased edit post time from 60 min to 120 min
  • increased edit title time fro 60 min to 120 min
  • increased post count to 25k to be considered an "Audioholics Jedi". It was at 21k which was only 1k greater than the preceding title.
  • increased # of allowed characters in a post a bit

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
When I move my cursor onto 'search' it does not turn into a hand with the extended index fingy as it does on 'quick links' which is right beside it. I want a refund. :D
Same here. I'm not getting the finger. Also when searching after selecting a thread, I get 'No Matches Found'. I've tried a couple different searches, including searches I know are valid posts, and still nothing.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Since this is kind of the gripe page I'll say that I think the Face Book 'f' connect button hovering over the log in button is sneaky and not the kind of sneaky I like. I'm afraid of what could happen if FB figured out I was here. I remember MidnightSensi the first having problems and he's much sharper at this than me so ... would you mind giving that f connect thing out of my way? :)

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Got an error message when trying to post in a group thread:
[h=3]The following errors occurred with your submission[/h]
  • BB code font is not allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:
psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Same here. I'm not getting the finger. Also when searching after selecting a thread, I get 'No Matches Found'. I've tried a couple different searches, including searches I know are valid posts, and still nothing.
Still not getting the finger. Is the search button working for anyone else? Is there another option for searching the forum? Can someone please give me the finger?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Sure thing, I'll give feedback/bug reports .... do I just post them here?
What would be awesome would be something that automatically detected spammers who are parroting older posts and adding images - and then banning them without the need for mods to get involved.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis