Wendy's Premium Fish Fillet Sandwich

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Listen guys, before Gene and company boot our behinds from here, check this out.

I got a call from a friend who likes Taco Bell (ugh), he said; "hey you gotta go down and try their apple empanada", now living in Miami an empanada is a common thing, it's Spanish for a turn-over type thing. Anyway I did, great stuff. If any of you guys are old enough to remember when Mc Donalds would fry their apple pies, well this is as close as you're going to get. Those pies were approx in size to the ones they have now, you know the baked one with the slits on top, well the originals didn't have slits, they were put in the fryer till golden, then....heaven. Well these empanadas come a close 80%. If you like apple pie, this is close to Nirvana.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
Did it have danceability??
The fillet was high in dynamics. The image outlines were not overemphasized, as in other fish fillet sandwiches. The edges were distinct, but interacted naturally with the surrounding space.

The sauce had a slight but distinct tonal signature. It had a lighter, drier sound with a cool presentation. The bread achieved its goals of speed and transparency, lending weight and density to the experience. Wendy's bread is often knocked as being intrinsically lean, but that criticism is valid only when it is compared to the rare bread that crosses the neutrality line into the realm of plumposity.

They all fit together well enough - there was no confusion - but they refused to melt into the euphonious soup we often expect and even praise as being 'musical.'

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Listen guys, before Gene and company boot our behinds from here, check this out.

I got a call from a friend who likes Taco Bell (ugh), he said; "hey you gotta go down and try their apple empanada", now living in Miami an empanada is a common thing, it's Spanish for a turn-over type thing. Anyway I did, great stuff. If any of you guys are old enough to remember when Mc Donalds would fry their apple pies, well this is as close as you're going to get. Those pies were approx in size to the ones they have now, you know the baked one with the slits on top, well the originals didn't have slits, they were put in the fryer till golden, then....heaven. Well these empanadas come a close 80%. If you like apple pie, this is close to Nirvana.
It ain't like the old McDonald's apple pies unless the filling is the temperature of the sun's surface (plus or minus a few degrees). :D

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
The fillet was high in dynamics. The image outlines were not overemphasized, as in other fish fillet sandwiches. The edges were distinct, but interacted naturally with the surrounding space.

The sauce had a slight but distinct tonal signature. It had a lighter, drier sound with a cool presentation. The bread achieved its goals of speed and transparency, lending weight and density to the experience. Wendy's bread is often knocked as being intrinsically lean, but that criticism is valid only when it is compared to the rare bread that crosses the neutrality line into the realm of plumposity.

They all fit together well enough - there was no confusion - but they refused to melt into the euphonious soup we often expect and even praise as being 'musical.'
Dang you're good. Danceable it is!

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
It ain't like the old McDonald's apple pies unless the filling is the temperature of the sun's surface (plus or minus a few degrees). :D
YES! And it sticks to the roof of your mouth like HOT TAR!!:D

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I'm outside shoveling snow from my driveway, and front walk; I come inside to find, the fish sandwich thread that won't die.:D

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
I'm outside shoveling snow from my driveway, and front walk; I come inside to find, the fish sandwich thread that won't die.:D
Where else could you find an A/V forum with a 7 page long thread about a god d**m fish sandwich? God I love Audioholics! :D

EDIT: Nay, my post makes 8 pages.

F

Fancypants

Audioholic Intern

So, is this threadjacking the Wendy's fish sandwich thread?

I too however would have to agree that the empanada is great.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
So, is this threadjacking the Wendy's fish sandwich thread?

I too however would have to agree that the empanada is great.
This is without a doubt the BEST A/V SITE IN THE UNIVERSE, no matter what Sheep says!;) Where else do you find fish 'wiches put to the test? I bet someone will give the empanadas a test, hopefully a DB Test.

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
This is without a doubt the BEST A/V SITE IN THE UNIVERSE, no matter what Sheep says!;) Where else do you find fish 'wiches put to the test? I bet someone will give the empanadas a test, hopefully a DB Test.
I've eaten beans, and I usually have high SPL and extension to 15 Hz :D :D

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
Stay away from open flame sources.

I had another fish 'samich today now 3 for 3, it definitely has danceability.
Don't dance so much something brown lets loose in your pants :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis