Webb Space Telescope

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Let's all take a break from COVID and politics for a bit.

Webb Space Telescope

Fantastic stuff!

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Let's all take a break from COVID and politics for a bit.

Webb Space Telescope

Fantastic stuff!
I actually woke up this morning and went on YouTube and to my surprise the launch was 18 minutes from launch. I watched it live and it was really cool. This is some really cool technology. I can't wait to see what it sees in the universe. I'm read just what this new telescope can do or is expected to do.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Why the new space telescope looks so strange:
A NASA astrophysicist explains humanity’s big new toy.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I am very excited about this...
...and very cautiosly optimistic as so much can go wrong over the next several months as it opens up and move to L2.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I am very excited about this...
...and very cautiosly optimistic as so much can go wrong over the next several months as it opens up and move to L2.
Just like Hubble telescope, they had to fix a few things on that which blows my mind. All that money spent and I think one of her lenses was shaped incorrectly. Like how's that happen?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Ha. Optimistic?
My Lady would call this a pessimistic statement. ;)
Admittedly, when they put the launch (yet again again again....) off to Xmas Day, I grew exceedingly worried about possible success. That, and the 6mo. process of getting ready for scientific observations is, well, frightening.

I'm supremely glad that the JWST is up and I believe already in the process of beginning its processes and progress toward the destination at L2.

I am supremely hopeful that this will achieve full operational functionality; hence cautious optimism.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I've been excited about the JWST for a long time! Seems like it took forever to get it up there!

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Just like Hubble telescope, they had to fix a few things on that which blows my mind. All that money spent and I think one of her lenses was shaped incorrectly. Like how's that happen?

Yes, but that is close enough to send a repair party up there to fix it.
Not so much with this one. :D

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Looking forward to seeing what this puppy can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Looking forward to seeing what this puppy can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't think we'll hear the barking. ;) :D :D :D

Hopefully we'll see some super images though. :D

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
As great as the Hubble scope is this could be much better. I for one am glad we are still pushing forward with space exploration. I think it's time to concentrate on sending a manned mission to mars.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
As great as the Hubble scope is this could be much better. I for one am glad we are still pushing forward with space exploration. I think it's time to concentrate on sending a manned mission to mars.
The new telescope is the replacement for Hubble that has given us so much great data, and perhaps for a couple of decades more. :)

A manned mission to Mars will probably suck the life out of most other space research that could be done with probes/satellites.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
According to Space.com, the JWST has passed the orbit of the moon, as of this morning. Sunshield deployment has begun.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Now that it's unfurling, has anyone noticed the Webb Space Telescope looks similar to …
1640815188054.png

An Imperial Class II Destroyer?
1640815288147.png

Since when was NASA taken over by Area 51?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis