panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I have to say that after episode one I'm liking what I see.

Big bonus was Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross doing the music. Felt like I was getting bonus's NIN music in addition to a pretty good show.

Hopefully the next episodes hold up.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I only saw the 1st episode. Seems pretty good. Will watch once I finish with my other series.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Love it so far, just wish I could binge it!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
One episode left. This show is so much better than I thought it would be.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I have not seen an episode, but some of the Watchmen comics fans are pretty disappointed. I've never read the comics tho and thought the movie was pretty decent and that caught some flak too, tho for different reasons.

Looks like ya'll seem to be liking it so far, huh? If it's not all sjw'd I Might give it a watch.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I have not seen an episode, but some of the Watchmen comics fans are pretty disappointed. I've never read the comics tho and thought the movie was pretty decent and that caught some flak too, tho for different reasons.

Looks like ya'll seem to be liking it so far, huh? If it's not all sjw'd I Might give it a watch.
The comic fans are pissy because the comic's original author got screwed over by DC and his loyal fans don't like that this TV show goes outside the comics. It's a continuation of the comics so when the fans want something true to the original, they can't have it because Alan Moore won't work with anyone on anything Watchmen related.

Funny thing is, the new show's creator didn't even want to do it, but when HBO told him they'd find someone else he agreed since he's such a big fan.

The whole back story is very interesting.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Best series I'm currently watching....but never read the comic, but more interesting than the movie they made. A little sjw isn't a bad thing, the opening scene is based on a real event that never got much justice in any case.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Best series I'm currently watching....but never read the comic, but more interesting than the movie they made. A little sjw isn't a bad thing, the opening scene is based on a real event that never got much justice in any case.
Yep. That was epic.

There is a motion comic you guys should check out. I've never read the book/comic, but the motion comic is pretty much the book in motion.

The movie was decent, but left some stuff out. Director cut is supposed to be better.

I think the appeal is that there are really no "superheroes" in this besides Dr. Manhattan. Everyone else is just a regular person behind a mask.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yep. That was epic.

There is a motion comic you guys should check out. I've never read the book/comic, but the motion comic is pretty much the book in motion.

The movie was decent, but left some stuff out. Director cut is supposed to be better.

I think the appeal is that there are really no "superheroes" in this besides Dr. Manhattan. Everyone else is just a regular person behind a mask.
I've got the director's cut of the movie.....was wondering what you mean by motion comic tho. Production values are quite good on the tv show, movie quality. I like the casting, too. I'm curious how this Dr Manhattan thing will work out....

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I've got the director's cut of the movie.....was wondering what you mean by motion comic tho. Production values are quite good on the tv show, movie quality. I like the casting, too. I'm curious how this Dr Manhattan thing will work out....
This.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The setting of the new Watchmen TV series is in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

So naturally, I already liked it before even watching it since I live in Oklahoma. :D

Thinking back, I don't recall any mention of the Tulsa Massacre of 1921 when I took Oklahoma History in high-school.

I'll binge it when the season is complete.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

So naturally, I already liked it before even watching it since I live in Oklahoma. :D

Thinking back, I don't recall any mention of the Tulsa Massacre of 1921 when I took Oklahoma History in high-school.

They covered it up pretty well....white people can be like that especially when editing text books.....personally I was pretty pissed off after I found out how much was glossed over in school like that....I'm sure I never heard about the Tulsa massacre either. A documentary if interested https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0426609/

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Ah, I'd just call that animation. Looking forward to checking that out....
It is. I just used their words. When you watch it you'll see it's an accurate description. I didn't know what to expect. It's quite different.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

Last episode is this Sunday so you could start now.

It's crazy to me that so many events like that are glossed over or totally neglected in school. Sort of like Columbus...but that's another discussion.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Speaking of HBO + Oklahoma, there's an upcoming (Jan 12) new Stephen King TV series - "The Outsider" - on HBO where the setting is also in Oklahoma. :D

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Speaking of HBO + Oklahoma, there's an upcoming (Jan 12) new Stephen King TV series - "The Outsider" - on HBO where the setting is also in Oklahoma. :D
Man, Stephen King and OK seem to be getting a lot of love lately. There are tons of shows/movies based of his stuff coming out or are already out.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Man, Stephen King and OK seem to be getting a lot of love lately. There are tons of shows/movies based of his stuff coming out or are already out.
“The Stand” will also be out in 2020 (CBS All Access).

“The Dark Tower“ is currently in production. So hopefully it will be out in 2020 (Amazon).

Darenwh

Darenwh

Audioholic
Steven King was never a fan of the Information Technology group. That is why he named a scary story based on a techs working around town the way he did. He even named the story IT for information technology and made a clown the prime symbol of the movie. The IT department didn’t even get assigned seats, just had to find an open cubicle to work in. That’s where the saying ‘We all float down here. You can float too...’ came from.:p:eek:

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Just finished the Watchmen TV show. I wasn't expecting much, really. I have been a big fan of the comic for a long time, and thought the 2009 movie was a pretty decent adaptation. There was just no need for anything else, the story was complete, so I thought this was just going to be a derivative action show. I would not have given it a chance if it weren't for all the praise, so I thought to give it an episode or two to see if it merits the hype. I ended up really liking it. It was a strange show and not like anything else on TV. The closest thing like it is the WestWorld TV show. However, for those who object politics being messaged into their television entertainment, they are going to hate this. It is highly politically charged, from beginning to end, but then so was the comic book, so it isn't a legitimate criticism of the show to rip on it for being heavily political.

By the way, it really helps to have read the comic to track everything that is going on. The show pretty much assumes the reader has familiarity with the comic, and it is a direct successor of the comic, NOT the 2009 movie. There is an important plot point that hinges on an event in the comic that occurs very differently in the 2009 movie, so much so that people who are going in only having seen the movie may be confused. But the comic is well worth reading and is rightfully considered one of the best comic books ever created.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis