Washington DC – 1st in war — 1st in peace — and home to the Stanley Cup

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Washington DC had a parade today to celebrate the Capitals Stanley Cup championship. It looked like half the city played hookey to go to the parade. The weather was perfect.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
At the parade, there were several fake Stanley Cups on display. (There were fewer fake Stanleys than there are fake Elvises in Las Vegas.)

On Saturday, Alex Ovechkin threw the first pitch to open the baseball game. He's a southpaw.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
At the parade, there were several fake Stanley Cups on display. (There are more fake Elvises in Las Vegas.)

On Saturday, Alex Ovechkin threw the first pitch to open the baseball game. He's a southpaw.
Looks like he throws like a girl, too. And no, I do not want you to tell him I wrote that.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Looks like he throws like a girl, too. And no, I do not want you to tell him I wrote that.
Max Scherzer (Cy Young winner and starting pitcher that day) didn't have any problems with his technique. The Nats would like some of that Stanley Cup mojo to rub off on them.

Last edited:
Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
OK, just one more.

People have gotten positively giddy over the Caps & the Cup. Here's an Instagram link I saw on the Washington Post. Caps forward TJ Oshie (same guy who drank beer through his shirt) carries the Cup out to the sidewalk in front of nightclub called Don Tito’s. He lets fans touch the cup. Hear the results :D.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjyjiWNASJX/embed/captioned/?cr=1&v=8&wp=658&rd=www.washingtonpost.com#%7B%22ci%22%3A5%2C%22os%22%3A2372%7D
Mass hysteria is fun!
At Clemson, I was talking with a fellow grad student from Iran who said he loved going to the football games because it reminded him of the energy from the riots he grew up with (Clemson, like many colleges gets rabid over football)!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis