Wanting to get a new TV stand...

M

Mkilbride

Audioholic
I have a 50'' Panasonic Plasma, the ST30, it's about 60-64 pounds.

I was looking around....I've found a few I'm interested in. My speakers are Cherry finish and while matching them isn't required, it's a nice bonus. I have a center channel coming and would like space under the TV for it...so I thought maybe a adjustable mount would be good as well, instead of just placing a board to mount the TV higher.

I first looked at this:

Find the Sauder Palladia Panel TV Stand in Cherry for an everyday low price at Walmart.com

Great price, looks incredible. Simple design. Has a shelf for my cable box, receiver, and PS3. (And I assume, holes in the back for wire & cable management) Says 47'', but I doubt that extra 3'' or so will make the thing buckle under the weight.

Then there is this, I also looked at...matches perfectly...but the price is alot higher:

Amazon.com: Walker Edison Regal 42-Inch 4-in-1 TV Stand with Mount, Wood/Black: Home & Kitchen

But god damn is it sexy and fits all my needs.

There is also this, on sale for 158$ or so.

Amazon.com: OmniMount Echo, 50FP 50-Inch Video Table with Flat Panel Stand (Espresso): Furniture & Decor

No obstruction to air flow or problem with cable management, I'd say.

There is this, which I can pick up directly at BestBuy, which is nice

Init™ - TV Stand for Most Flat-Panel TVs Up to 50" - NT-C1140FMS

Thoughts?

Ah, for reference, current TV stand:

It's pretty flimsy and not that well built, infact a little uneven. Maybe you can tell from the picture.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis