WAIT! BEFORE you sell any of your audio components...

• Thread starter Critical Listener
  • Start date
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
@highfigh:
If you have gear under warranty, that's a legitimate reason not to mess with it. However, I would assume that you have a second and third system being in the business for as long as you have. Perhaps pieces that are ten years old or more and no longer as precious as your new system might be a place to start. Applying the fluid just on the connectors ofspeaker cables would be a good initial test.
Also, I'm sure you've used contact cleaners without knowing their ingredients.
First off, I do read labels and do use tried and tested brands like Deoxit. Next, I only use it, if I have a connection that is going intermittent, or a noisy pot.
I use deoxidants to deal with an identified problem and NOT to improve SQ. To claim this product increases SQ by 50% is obviously a baseless fraudulent claim with no basis in fact.

No one on this forum is going to waste any money or time on your snake oil fraud. Yes, this fits the definition of audio snake oil precisely.

You do have one claim to fame, you have given us all a good laugh with your priceless entertainment.

Just a couple of questions. Is you name Matthew, and do you live at the address identified in this thread?

C

Critical Listener

Audiophyte
Thomas Edison was interviewing an applicant for a job over bowls of soup for lunch. Edison noticed that the applicant salted his soup without tasting it first. He didn't get the job.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
@highfigh:
If you have gear under warranty, that's a legitimate reason not to mess with it. However, I would assume that you have a second and third system being in the business for as long as you have. Perhaps pieces that are ten years old or more and no longer as precious as your new system might be a place to start. Applying the fluid just on the connectors ofspeaker cables would be a good initial test.
Spoken like a true scammer.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
If you've ever played poker you'd know that to call a bluff requires meeting the bet that's in the pot, not the other way around.
I am fine with my $45 in the pot, and we're beyond that already. Apparently, you don't grasp how poker works. Your bluff has been called and you're stalling because you have nothing in your hand.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Here's an idea, if you're offering free samples, send them in for an actual proper test if you can convince Gene or other AH people to bother with such, or maybe Amir at ASR or even Erin at Erin's Audio Corner. Doubt they'd bother, tho.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
That brings up an interesting idea. Consumer Reports always puts out an annual car buying guide with what to buy and what to avoid. Would be interesting to see the same type of report on stereo equipment.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I'm sure Consumer Affair's would be interested.
Or even the local authorities in the area in NY where it appears he used a PO box and or location that belongs to someone else. Never know about these shady people. For all we know the person is located in some little city in China, Russia or North Korea, or Iran. I've always been really suspicious of people that fail to provide true facts and dodge questions with repeated script gibberish.

highfigh

highfigh

@highfigh:
The ingredients for everything I have used are on the container- where's the list for this stuff?

At some point, many people grow up and stop thinking/believing/worrying that they have the best system ever so they can listen to the music. The possibility that this stuff can cause such a major improvement is low- how much contamination is on the connections and how did it get there?

If you don't know what's in this stuff or how it causes the improvements, my supposed Unicorn hoof wax is just as capable of something.

highfigh

highfigh

That brings up an interesting idea. Consumer Reports always puts out an annual car buying guide with what to buy and what to avoid. Would be interesting to see the same type of report on stereo equipment.
They stopped? When I started in audio in the late-'70s, people would come in with their hot off the press copies of Consumer Reports that were full of crap. Their recommendations were usually for equipment that was crap, blew up on a regular basis (Harman Kardon 330a, 330b and 330c or the R series of receivers from Sansui were the common ones), various models of cassette decks that sounded like garbage and speakers that were frequently used to sell off of.

CS was OK for cars and appliances, but they misled people on audio gear.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

The ingredients for everything I have used are on the container- where's the list for this stuff?

At some point, many people grow up and stop thinking/believing/worrying that they have the best system ever so they can listen to the music. The possibility that this stuff can cause such a major improvement is low- how much contamination is on the connections and how did it get there?

If you don't know what's in this stuff or how it causes the improvements, my supposed Unicorn hoof wax is just as capable of something.
This bloke is clearly a shady scammer, and there is no point in engaging the dumb twerp any longer.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Or even the local authorities in the area in NY where it appears he used a PO box and or location that belongs to someone else. Never know about these shady people. For all we know the person is located in some little city in China, Russia or North Korea, or Iran. I've always been really suspicious of people that fail to provide true facts and dodge questions with repeated script gibberish.
He could be raising money for Hamas, you buy a bottle and the FBI shows up at your house and arrests you for funding terrorism!

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
Who is that particularly?
You probably don't have a government backed agency in America to deal with consumer complaints. Australia is a completely different story. We look after the consumer by way of this agency. It covers just about anything and everything. You have a problem with a product, just call into your local C. A. office and lodge a complaint or a report. And given the complaint is genuine they will contact the seller // manufacturer and normally a refund is granted. Consumer Affairs simply don't go away or give up. In some cases Court proceedings follow, to obtain a judgement.

As to the question of consumer reports // tests. The Audio world is simply not big enough to warrant an inquiry // report. here in Australia.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You probably don't have a government backed agency in America to deal with consumer complaints. Australia is a completely different story. We look after the consumer by way of this agency. It covers just about anything and everything. You have a problem with a product, just call into your local C. A. office and lodge a complaint or a report. And given the complaint is genuine they will contact the seller // manufacturer and normally a refund is granted. Consumer Affairs simply don't go away or give up. In some cases Court proceedings follow, to obtain a judgement.

As to the question of consumer reports // tests. The Audio world is simply not big enough to warrant an inquiry // report. here in Australia.
At first I thought you meant the segment many local news shows do. I've seen the UK equivalent, the FTC here in the US isn't likely to do a damn thing about it, tho.

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
the FTC here in the US isn't likely to do a damn thing about it,
When I first read the complaint, I thought then that I had never encountered any form of consumer protection in America. It would seem I'm correct, and it looks like your on your own if you have a complaint. I've read elsewhere where buyers have had products damaged, in transit, And in some cases the supplier simply wipes his hands of the problem. Plus failure to deliver, or pre-paying for work to be done which never happens

We in Australia are lucky in complaint problems with the local state agency Consumer Affairs. backed up by the ACCC, [see link ] Which is a federal body. Not to be argued with.. We also have a nightly program on channel nine called "A Current Affairs" [see link] which makes public shonks and scammers, by way of naming names backed up with televised evidence.

https://www.accc.gov.au/

https://9now.nine.com.au/a-current-affair

highfigh

highfigh

Yes, we do. We also have them in every state, possibly county and in large cities. Think about how badly one Federal agency would be inundated by complaints from a population of 334 million. Ours is called the Federal Trade Commission but others handle more specific areas, such as finance.

The FTC used to require amplifier specifications to be stated in ways that were more detailed and useful than they are now. This stuff wouldn't make it to their radar- they would likely want to see how and where it's sold, as well as the descriptions, fraudulent aspects of their claims, how they test and how someone found out something is a fraud.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis