VTF-3 MK5 or VTF-2 MK5?

N

NorCalRP

Full Audioholic
You've linked those before! They're pretty cool too. I guess some folks aren't very big on it, but I like the cylinder shape. Lately I've been wondering how 4 PC2000s would perform up against my 2 VTF-3s. I have the room for them with their footprint.
I was looking at the specs on the VTF2 next to the specs for the PC2000, as found here for the PC, and on the HSU website for their sub. Adding 9dB to the SVS numbers to match them meter for meter, they look to be pretty darn similar. I know the VTF3's add a few more dB over the 2, but I wondwr if the 4 PC's would overcome given gain related to how they might be co-located

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
No doubt. I'll have to think on it. Maybe sell my PB-1000 for $300, take the $600 I'm getting back for the XLS, then dish the rest on a pair of PC's. I gotta say- I really do like the form factor. I could line all four of them up right behind my couch, like four outboards on the transom of a sportfisher! :p

FWIW, I’m a fan of the cylinders. 2/3 of my subs are pc12pluses. Great subs indeed.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
You have to wonder about the fuel efficiency of a boat like that...
Lol. Not the guy who owns it. If you have to ask, you can’t afford it, as the saying goes. As a boat owner, this is a favorite meme...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis