Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
About a week ago, maybe Oct 1, I got a text message from the State Election Board saying they have my ballot. However, state law prevents them from opening the envelope and counting my votes until after polls close on Election Day, Nov 5. Apparently, they collect all mail-in ballots until they decide if these votes are needed to determine the outcome. Then and only then do they count those ballots. They are identical paper ballots as used on election day, all read by scanners. In 2020, an estimated 40% of all votes in Maryland were mailed-in.

That's another archaic election procedure that must change.
Correction: Apparently none of that was right.

Yesterday, 18 Oct, I got a text message from the Maryland State Board of Elections. It said "Your mail-in ballot has been counted by your local Board of Elections …"

Sorry for the goof.

I've had enough of the rabid campaigning. Election day can't come soon enough. If only it would stop after November 5th!

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan

Yesterday, 18 Oct, I got a text message from the Maryland State Board of Elections. It said "Your mail-in ballot has been counted by your local Board of Elections …"

Sorry for the goof.

I've had enough of the rabid campaigning. Election day can't come soon enough. If only it would stop after November 5th!
Yeah, I wish it would stop after the election. Probably only gonna get worse. :(

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Madame President
Vote Harris

Magnet on my ma's fridge. I wouldn't be overconfident. Gotta accept you might lose.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.

Sorry for the goof.

Did you by chance call your board of election to verify that they even send emails or text in the first place?
I don't get anything from them except by mail.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Did you by chance call your board of election to verify that they even send emails or text in the first place?
I don't get anything from them except by mail.
And check the junk mail folder as well, but a number of mail services filters e-mails so that they don't even come to junk mail folder (Microsoft, as an example).

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Did you by chance call your board of election to verify that they even send emails or text in the first place? I don't get anything from them except by mail.
I never had to call them. If I remember correctly, when I applied (online?) for mail-in voting, I chose texting instead of email or snail mail for ballot status info. They also have a website that allows one to check the status of your ballot, but I never bothered to go there.

California must have a different system.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I never had to call them. If I remember correctly, when I applied (online?) for mail-in voting, I chose texting instead of email or snail mail for ballot status info. They also have a website that allows one to check the status of your ballot, but I never bothered to go there.

California must have a different system.
Probably as I have not checked recently as I just get a query if I am still here, and we keep getting the ballots in the mail. I think this year may be the first time they asked for email and phone number on the back of envelope, under the flap.
Just too much weird stuff out there and need caution what is real or fake.

So, since they wanted phone, I guess them may start texting in the future. But then, not knowing their phone number, that too needs to be verified in the future by calling number on their website.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis