Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
About a week ago, maybe Oct 1, I got a text message from the State Election Board saying they have my ballot. However, state law prevents them from opening the envelope and counting my votes until after polls close on Election Day, Nov 5. Apparently, they collect all mail-in ballots until they decide if these votes are needed to determine the outcome. Then and only then do they count those ballots. They are identical paper ballots as used on election day, all read by scanners. In 2020, an estimated 40% of all votes in Maryland were mailed-in.

That's another archaic election procedure that must change.
Correction: Apparently none of that was right.

Yesterday, 18 Oct, I got a text message from the Maryland State Board of Elections. It said "Your mail-in ballot has been counted by your local Board of Elections …"

Sorry for the goof.

I've had enough of the rabid campaigning. Election day can't come soon enough. If only it would stop after November 5th!

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
Correction: Apparently none of that was right.

Yesterday, 18 Oct, I got a text message from the Maryland State Board of Elections. It said "Your mail-in ballot has been counted by your local Board of Elections …"

Sorry for the goof.

I've had enough of the rabid campaigning. Election day can't come soon enough. If only it would stop after November 5th!
Yeah, I wish it would stop after the election. Probably only gonna get worse. :(

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis