vizio quantum PQ65-F

B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
One thing about this TV, it's very bright the brightest one I've seen. For the price it rivals Samsung, Sony and LG's top of the lines. Can not beat at it price point. I've noticed a bit of flickering with the Fald though but not a deal breaker.
7 year warranty, no dead pixels. no hdmi issues or anything negative ive read about this tv here and avsforum.
im definitely keeping it. glad i bought it at costco.
4k looks awesome.
ive realized i just have too many 10 year old plus dvds and streaming old movies just dont look great. (braveheart, gladiator, knocked up... etc)
i streamed the layover and recent movies, they look great. no issues. its not the tv, its the older content.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
im using the tv only for bluray 4k player and a roku ultra for streaming. dont have direct tv connected to it.
blue jeans cables should arrive this week.
i notice though, older dvds like 40 year old virgin etc. and some blurays have that effect. they just dont look good. i rented avengers infinity 4k disk from redbox yesterday and it looked awesome. no noise, dots etc.
movies from hbogo look great if they are newish like the layover. but i looked at the beach with leo and it looks terrible.

i think 5 or so year old movies (streaming/dvds) just cant look good with new 4k tvs.
but
Is it possible that your blu-ray player doesn't upscale a 720i DVD to 4K, or is not properly setup to do it. ? Some do such as the OPPO UDP-203 which improves definition on DVDs to a great extent.

maccat39

maccat39

Audioholic Intern
Hi all, have read about the same problem concerning white&black sparklers on screen. Did alot of research prior to purchasing my Vizo 65PQ-F1, purchased from Sam's Club. Can't recall exactly were I read it at, but like was mentioned (Certified Premium Cables) r the first thing. Really cheap at Monoprice. 4K@60Hz, HDR, 18ghz Speed, 28AWG YUV 4.4.4.

Second this sounds like it also could be
Hdmi handshake, disconnect all cables from sources, do a soft reset on the TV, Avr, & Source. Then reconnect all, power up in this sequence. First TV wait 5 sec Avr wait 5 sec finally Source. This should correct problem, if no joy seek repair or replacement. I just love my PQ coming from a 6yrs old panny gt50 which I just loved. Paired with My Denon X6400H, I just let the 6400 do the up scaling problem solved, Ota is not too bad. My one only downside would be the viewing angles, I'm so used to the Panny Gt50 in that you can sit off angle an still no picture deter gatien. But I knew this getting this TV. The downside to Led/LCD unless you go with Oled or top the line Qled's. Hdr/Dolbyvision is bright an right on point. SDR content work's better when FALD is set to Low Picture Mode setting in Calibrate* & Calibrate Dark*. Otherwise you get Bang for your Buck.

So far, so good, going on my 4th week.
Also have SquareTrade + Sam's warranty

B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
Is it possible that your blu-ray player doesn't upscale a 720i DVD to 4K, or is not properly setup to do it. ? Some do such as the OPPO UDP-203 which improves definition on DVDs to a great extent.
its a samsung 8500 i bought at frys electronics.

B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
its the content, not the tv. looked at same scenes on dif tvs, plasma, sony lcd. same effect
blue jeans cables didnt make much difference, i think. but glad to know i wont be buying cables anytime soon.

p.s. this tv is amazing, especially when i turn off all the lights. just wow, wow

B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
damn. this tv is too good for the price i paid. i cant imagine a better picture than this especially at night lights off.
oled? get out of here

extremely satisfied with this tv. im set for 7 years.

Last edited:
TheoN

TheoN

Audioholics Contributing Writer
One thing about this TV, it's very bright the brightest one I've seen. For the price it rivals Samsung, Sony and LG's top of the lines. Can not beat at it price point. I've noticed a bit of flickering with the Fald though but not a deal breaker.
We just posted the full review of the P-Series Quantum. I agree, it’s a light canon. https://www.audioholics.com/hdtv-reviews/vizio-p-series-quantum-4k-uhd-tv
It’s worth investing in getting it calibrated. Otherwise use calibrated dark as the best out of the box mode

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis