B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
$1606 out the door from costco

should i wait for a better deal?

J

James_Ngo

Audioholic Intern
Samsung Q series or LG. (Sorry Sony fan's, over price and quality is subpar). Costco is great place though. Atleast with them its no hassle to buy or return and you get a 2yr warranty compared to bad buy.

Specs wise. Id look for native 240hz. Not 120hz upscale to 240hz. These are refresh rate. Other things to consider is input, if its a smart connectIon (ie, all input connects to a central distribution, then that connects to a dedicated line to the TV. Similar to hdmi pass through on a receiver.

B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
received the tv today.
did initial setup and happy i dont see any dead pixels. only watched 5 or so minutes of content so far.
tomorrow ill set rtings settings. this tv definitely looks better than the tcl p series it replaced.
7 year warranty

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
received the tv today.
did initial setup and happy i dont see any dead pixels. only watched 5 or so minutes of content so far.
tomorrow ill set rtings settings. this tv definitely looks better than the tcl p series it replaced.
7 year warranty
Where do you get the 7 year warranty from?

B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
Where do you get the 7 year warranty from?
costco

buy tv at costco. automatic 2 year warranty. buy it at costco with citi costco citi card adds 2 more years warranty. squaretrade warranty $100 adds another 3 years.

B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
ok im having the same problem ive had with all my 4k tvs. now i think its a setting i am not using. a bunch of tiny dots all over the screen. is this what they call noise? judder? not sure if you can tell from the pictures
1080p bluray

the more i look it seems like both white and black dots and sort of flickers

Attachments

Last edited:
B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
I’d say bad cable.
hmm well ill have to check the avr cable and bluray player cable. didnt think this would be a cable issue but now that i think about it i believe ive been using that same cable for years heehe
also going to stream movies, if its happenign there i guess its the avr to tv cable

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
hmm well ill have to check the avr cable and bluray player cable. didnt think this would be a cable issue
Every bad cable I’ve ever had did the white and black dot thing. Maybe not your issue but cables are cheap. And I’d bet it’s a bad cable. Maybe run over to wal-market and grab a couple cheap ones just to make sure. They don’t have to be expensive. Either hdmi works, or it doesn’t.

B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
tried different cable and another bluray player. maybe its the movie or maybe its the avr
will try hdmi from bluray player direct to tv

B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
tried 3 different cables, and bluray player connected directly to tv on another hdmi port. same thing. any other ideas.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Sorry buddy. That’s all I got. It’s hard to tell in the pics but I thought for sure it was gonna be a cable. Hopefully someone with a bigger brain than me can help.

B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
after more research the hdmi cables i use arent premium certified. im hoping thats the problem. ordering a couple blue jeans hdmi cables

J

James_Ngo

Audioholic Intern
after more research the hdmi cables i use arent premium certified. im hoping thats the problem. ordering a couple blue jeans hdmi cables
Just make sure the hdmi cable is 3.0. Don't fall for the gold plate for this or that.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
If I understand well, you get your TV signal from a cable/satellite box or a streaming unit which you connect to your receiver, and then from your receiver to the TV set, am I right? If so, I would try to connect the TV signal source direct to the Vizio and see what's happening.

I suspect that the problem originates, not from the HDMI cable, but from either the HDMI input on your receiver or the cable/satellite box or streaming device.

I had a HDMI handshake problem when I used the cable box connected to my Marantz SR5010 receiver. I thought the problem originated in my 9 year old Panasonic plasma TV, but after switching HDMI cables with no improvement, I decided to use a free HDMI input on the AVR, and everything came back to normal.

maccat39

maccat39

Audioholic Intern
If I understand well, you get your TV signal from a cable/satellite box or a streaming unit which you connect to your receiver, and then from your receiver to the TV set, am I right? If so, I would try to connect the TV signal source direct to the Vizio and see what's happening.

I suspect that the problem originates, not from the HDMI cable, but from either the HDMI input on your receiver or the cable/satellite box or streaming device.

I had a HDMI handshake problem when I used the cable box connected to my Marantz SR5010 receiver. I thought the problem originated in my 9 year old Panasonic plasma TV, but after switching HDMI cables with no improvement, I decided to use a free HDMI input on the AVR, and everything came back to normal.[/QUOTE

Hi all, have read about the same problem concerning white&black sparklers on screen. Did alot of research prior to purchasing my Vizo 65PQ-F1, purchased from Sam's Club. Can't recall exactly were I read it at, but like was mentioned (Certified Premium Cables) r the first thing. Really cheap at Monoprice. 4K@60Hz, HDR, 18ghz Speed, 28AWG YUV 4.4.4.

Second this sounds like it also could be
Hdmi handshake, disconnect all cables from sources, do a soft reset on the TV, Avr, & Source. Then reconnect all, power up in this sequence. First TV wait 5 sec Avr wait 5 sec finally Source. This should correct problem, if no joy seek repair or replacement. I just love my PQ coming from a 6yrs old panny gt50 which I just loved. Paired with My Denon X6400H, I just let the 6400 do the up scaling problem solved, Ota is not too bad. My one only downside would be the viewing angles, I'm so used to the Panny Gt50 in that you can sit off angle an still no picture deter gatien. But I knew this getting this TV. The downside to Led/LCD unless you go with Oled or top the line Qled's. Hdr/Dolbyvision is bright an right on point. SDR content work's better when FALD is set to Low Picture Mode setting in Calibrate* & Calibrate Dark*. Otherwise you get Bang for your Buck.

So far, so good, going on my 4th week.
Also have SquareTrade + Sam's warranty.

B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic

I had a HDMI handshake problem when I used the cable box connected to my Marantz SR5010 receiver. I thought the problem originated in my 9 year old Panasonic plasma TV, but after switching HDMI cables with no improvement, I decided to use a free HDMI input on the AVR, and everything came back to normal.
im using the tv only for bluray 4k player and a roku ultra for streaming. dont have direct tv connected to it.
blue jeans cables should arrive this week.
i notice though, older dvds like 40 year old virgin etc. and some blurays have that effect. they just dont look good. i rented avengers infinity 4k disk from redbox yesterday and it looked awesome. no noise, dots etc.
movies from hbogo look great if they are newish like the layover. but i looked at the beach with leo and it looks terrible.

i think 5 or so year old movies (streaming/dvds) just cant look good with new 4k tvs.
but

maccat39

maccat39

Audioholic Intern
One thing about this TV, it's very bright the brightest one I've seen. For the price it rivals Samsung, Sony and LG's top of the lines. Can not beat at it price point. I've noticed a bit of flickering with the Fald though but not a deal breaker.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis