Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
looks like another sensible, well priced and featured vinyl spinner. I know there's a place in people's hearts and in the market for the multi thousand dollar models, but I'm glad to see good manufacturers giving some love to those of us in the price performance crowd.
true and when and if those that start out on the journey wish to continue, the road ahead is filled with every price point imaginable !

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Gimmick, plain and simple. The concept is not cost-effective to do right because it would take far too much engineering and delicate assembly to get an upside-down tonearm to track reliably with the even, low force required for proper playback. It appears they've got it to work, but too much can go wrong and I don't see it working long-term.

I also notice it has a NON-REPLACEABLE cartridge, and not a particularly good one in the Audio Technica AT95E. I stand by "gimmick."

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Gimmick, plain and simple. The concept is not cost-effective to do right because it would take far too much engineering and delicate assembly to get an upside-down tonearm to track reliably with the even, low force required for proper playback. It appears they've got it to work, but too much can go wrong and I don't see it working long-term.

I also notice it has a NON-REPLACEABLE cartridge, and not a particularly good one in the Audio Technica AT95E. I stand by "gimmick."
I'm standing with you !

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Agreed. I would like to see that play a record with a decent warp. It does look kind a cool but I'm not on board with this one.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
also, with the resurgence of vinyl, how many mainstream or for that matter high end linear tracking tables do you see ? Years ago there were a few that succeeded and the concept has some merit obviously but the pivoting tonearm remains the preferred.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL never was a fan of the linear tracking arms/tables altho some looked cool (like B&O's), let alone upside down....

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
LOL never was a fan of the linear tracking arms/tables altho some looked cool (like B&O's), let alone upside down....
I seem to remember reading about a laser turntable someone was trying to develop...

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I seem to remember reading about a laser turntable someone was trying to develop...
They did, but it was a failure. It really enhanced every pop and crackle including every last spec of dust!

Actually most of these exotic turntables are just that and when I hear a lot of them in dealers I'm not at impressed. It is really good basic engineering that makes a turntable excel.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord

At least its a cool gimmick :D

But, gimmick nonetheless

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis