Vienna Mozart or Martin Logan Clarity

H

hsumix

Enthusiast
Wanting to get a good set up for music...I'm torn b/t Vienna Mozart Symphony Edition & the Martin Logan Clarity. Anyone have any thoughts about these two...kinda torn w/ what to go w/. I do have a sub so bass is no problem and I will be adding amps and all that. I'm just torn about speakers for now.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Out of these two I personally would go with ML due to unique sound from electrostatic speakers, but don't forget narrow dispersion

Don't tear yourself, if you can order speakers with 30 days home trial. place them in your room and judge for yourself - thats really the best way
some of ideas:
a) Philharmonic Audio
b) Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers /w RAAL
c) Salk SongTowers RT

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
Your question is one of those that is basically subjective. You will be living with them, not us, so it is very difficult to advise you, beyond the usual of taking your time, listening to both with music with which you are familiar, and realizing that it is likely that whatever you select, something else will be better in some way or other. At the level of speaker you are considering, I would probably go with Magnepan's offering, but what my preferences are doesn't really help you much.

H

hsumix

Enthusiast
Your question is one of those that is basically subjective. You will be living with them, not us, so it is very difficult to advise you, beyond the usual of taking your time, listening to both with music with which you are familiar, and realizing that it is likely that whatever you select, something else will be better in some way or other. At the level of speaker you are considering, I would probably go with Magnepan's offering, but what my preferences are doesn't really help you much.
Very true...there is always something better. Guess I'm just trying to figure out the difference & pick.

H

hsumix

Enthusiast
Out of these two I personally would go with ML due to unique sound from electrostatic speakers, but don't forget narrow dispersion

Don't tear yourself, if you can order speakers with 30 days home trial. place them in your room and judge for yourself - thats really the best way
some of ideas:
a) Philharmonic Audio
b) Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers /w RAAL
c) Salk SongTowers RT
I have never owned a pair of electrostatic. Do I loose some clarity or detail w/ the Vienna's?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I have never owned a pair of electrostatic. Do I loose some clarity or detail w/ the Vienna's?
Ehh, I think not - i think quite the opposite. But the issue is narrow angle of sound dispersion, basically relatevely narrow sweet spot

I have heard Vienna's - I think they are good, but not quite as good as other 3 options I listed above.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis