Verizon Smartphone Users - Last Day to Retain Unlimited Data Plan

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I bought the Samsung flip cover for now. I tried just the cover in my cell phone pockets and it fit pretty good. Once I get the phone I'll try it for a few days before I decide if I want to try something else. I'm usually in carpenter shorts or cargo pants so I rarely have a shortage of pockets.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Does that cover have anything that will lock it open, like the front magnetically latching to the back?

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
It's absolutely minimalist and there is nothing to hold it open. In fact it replaces the back of the phone so that the only bulk it adds is the front cover. I'm not sure how long the "hinge" will last though but probably not more than a year or two so I'll have to remember where I put the back cover.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Did yours ship? I just got the notification that mine shipped today by FedEx and should get here Monday. :D I figure that yours should have shipped, too, because you ordered yours shortly before I did.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
Mine shipped! But I swear that when I bought it the site said "Free Overnight Priority Shipping" but it shipped 2nd day. :( Won't be here till Tuesday according to the tracking number.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Nothing yet. Maybe they're short of the blue 32GB model. :confused:

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I finally received the shipping notice but it won't go out until tomorrow. Delivery should be Tuesday or Wednesday.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
My phone was walking in Memphis this weekend, but now it's on its way.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Even though I have a signature release on file, FedEx didn't leave my phone...but instead left me a signature card. Dang.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
I was hoping my phone would make it's way to the local FedEx place today where all my FedEx shipments end up going and I would be able to drive over and pick it up but it's still hanging out in Seattle... since 11:31 last night...

Not that I'm impatient or anything. ;)

I have written a note to the FedEx person and taped it too my door. Now they just need to find my house (they have a bad track record there). If not, I'll just make the drive and pick it up.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Seems like sholling might just get the first delivery. :D

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
I've left notes on the front and back door and put up a cardboard sign on the back of the house with my house number on it just in case they have trouble finding it. I'm ready. :) Now I just have to go to work and come home and it should be here... right? It better be. I've been waiting too long.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Did you guys get yours? Mine came today. I've been home for about six hours, but I just got around to unboxing it. I guess that I'm sentimental about the Droid X - it was my first. :)

So, I just got it set up with the battery and SIM card, and it's activated. This thing is freaking sweet! I'd never seen one in person before ordering, but I'm glad that I got this thing. It's amazingly light compared to the X, and the screen is beautiful.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
4G is awesome! :eek: My 3G speeds were around 1.5 Mbps download (IIRC), whereas I'm getting around 38 Mbps download now. Hee, hee! I love it.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
Mine did come and for the past 4.5 hours I have been playing with it. :D I love this phone. Awesome screen, awesome buttery smoothness, and an awesome camera. I haven't been able to try 4G yet as I don't get it at my house. I will play with 4G tomorrow when I'm at work.

If you haven't tried it yet, the Chrome browser is awesome on this phone. I couldn't use it on my Evo because it requires ICS and now I think I"m definitely keeping as the default. The swipe between tabs feature is very cool, just like swiping in OSX Lion.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Mine got here about 1PM but stubbornly refused to activate until I drove to the Verizon store and had them do it. I figure it's going to take me until sometime tomorrow to get everything the way I like it but so far it seems like a pretty nice phone.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just took the microSD card out of my Droid to move my photos over to my new phone. Good golly, I had forgotten just how small those are. It's just a 16GB card, but I'm still amazed that something about the size of a thumbnail can hold nearly 100 times as much data as the book-sized external drive that I got in college (which was a beast at 170MB back then).

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just set up Google Voice on my old phone. I'll have to see if it works okay.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I transferred everything to my laptop and installed a fresh class 10 64GB card in the S3. One quirk of the phone that gave some of my applications fits is that it labels the built-in storage "sdcard" and the add-in card "extSDCard". Ambling Audiobook player will only look on "sdcard" so my books had to go there as did the data for a couple of other applications. What is on the 64GB card is about 8GB of music so far.

One minor disappointment is a lack of a "stay awake while charging" setting. I installed Screebl (there are others) to take care of that for me. I also installed "Folder Organizer" to organize all of the applications into one page of well organized folders full of applications and games instead of multiple pages of application icons. For example the Books & Ref folder has Kindle, Ambling Bookplayer, and Wolfram Alpha, while the Entertainment folder has HBO Go, Max Go, Netflix and Scanner Radio Pro (police & Fire). And all of my audio applications live in the Music & Audio folder. K9 Mail is installed and configured and my fine looking wallpaper is installed and Beautiful Widgets is configured as my clock. I think it's all done except for loading up a bit more music.

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
While not perfect, I do like this phone better than the Droid X. I'm not much of a power user, so the different organization hasn't been obvious to me, yet. The touch screen seems to track just a bit differently than the X's did, so I'm getting used to where to push to tap links in web pages (I turned on the developer option to show the screen touches, which has helped me learn). I like the form factor and lighter weight quite a bit, and the 4G...oh, my...the 4G. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis