Verizon Passes Out up to $90M in Refunds to Customers

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
If you're a Verizon Wireless customer, you could benefit from a massive refund pool being developed that could see up to $90 million paid out to current and previous cell phone customers who were improperly billed for Internet access or data usage over the past few years. The unprecedented refund move was prompted by customer inquiries that eventually spread out in to an FCC Enforcement issue. Apparently, (and we used Verizon for years but never apparently triggered this), users could trigger a $1.99/MB data "rate" that could appear on your bills anytime you accidentally initiated data or Web access on your phone (presumably even if you didn't follow through and actually use it).

Discuss "Verizon Passes Out up to $90M in Refunds to Customers" here. Read the article.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Thats funny I just had it out with Verizon for doing almost exactly this.........

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
I stopped dealing with Verison years ago because of their shading practices.

A

alphaiii

Audioholic General
My girlfriend has had to call Verizon 4 times already to get these exact charges removed from our bill. At one point, it had happened 3 months straight.

She even went as far as to ask them to "disable" the ability of her line to access web/data so she would stop being charged for this... since she NEVER uses these services...

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Lame. We have Verizon because that is the only option, (other than a lame local cable comapny), at the new house we just bought. I wish I could have stayed with AT&T. I've hated Verizon pretty much from day one. Our DSL worked for a couple of days and then stopped working and it took over a week of calling them daily before they figured out that we weren't actually in the system yet. Even though we had a working phone line, for some reason we weren't set up yet. :mad:

At least we got free phone for a week or so. :rolleyes:

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
I never had a problem with Verizon. I used them for cell service. They have excellent cell coverage (WAY better than AT&T) and that is the biggest reason I used them.

I switched to Sprint last June to get the Evo 4G and haven't looked back. I pay less, get more, and have coverage in all the same places because even if there isn't a Sprint tower in range I get a signal from a Verizon tower and there are no roaming charges. :)

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I figure if the big V is offering 90M in refunds without serious arm twisting then they probably made at least 500M on the scam.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis