Velodyne DPS-12 VS. Polk Audio PSW505

A

AngelusNexx

Junior Audioholic
Ok guys as you may have seen my other threads I get a discount on Infinity,Polk, and Velodyne.

These are the prices I get.

Velodyne DPS-12 - $218

Polk Audio PSW505 - $253

I can get the PSW404 for $206

Which one would you guys go with? Im almost certain I have to go with one of these because Im not willing to increase my budget for a sub when i get these for half off. I know a $500 sub is not fantastic but for the Polk RTi series I will most likely be putting it with it will be fine i hope.

Oh and this system will be about 50/50 music and home theatre.

edit: Its also important to note I will be going with the RTi8 for my front since it has better mids over the 10 and 12.

RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
Flash would be left in the dirt crying momma if I was able to obtain the Velodyne DPS-12 for that price ;)

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Velodyne

I'm a Polk guy and it's hard to say this, but go with the Velodyne. Even though the amp is 100 watts less, the box itself is larger, and outweighs the 505 by 15lbs. It's a monster. Plus I think the Velo has a rubber surround, whereas the Polk has a foam surround. I wouldn't consider the 404 with your awesome discounts unless a friend wants one. If I were in your shoes, I'd get two for stereo :) . What did you think when you demo'd them side by side?

Man, I thought I got a good deal! Mine only weighs 49lbs. I'd take yours over mine, although it does have a class AB amp opposed to a class D amp, and hits very hard (those car guys know their subs).
www.cadencestore.com/ProductCart/pc/homeaudio_detail.asp?idcategory=16&idproduct=192

Last edited:
BJP

BJP

Audioholic
Go with the Velodyne DPS-12. That is a great price. Clean, tight bass, nice gloss finish.

A

AngelusNexx

Junior Audioholic
Damn. Overwhelming response towards Velodyne. Velodyne it is.

ALso I only got a chance to demo the DPS-10 vs. the Polk PSW12 and the DPS 10 inch pwned the Polk PSW 12 inch. :eek:

Thought the 505 might be a different story but after hearing the DPS10....It was priced $450 at the store for the 10 inch so I feel like im gettign a damn good deal.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis