Velodyne DPS-12 Review

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Review Updated

UPDATE

The review has been updated with a ratings scale as well as more information regarding the subwoofers settings vs. its performance. This should help clear up any confusion.

My apologies for not having these in the first place.

SheepStar

Daz3d&Confus3d

Daz3d&Confus3d

Full Audioholic
Sheep where did you pick this sub up for just $400?

Daz3d&Confus3d

Daz3d&Confus3d

Full Audioholic
ic.....I just know the markup is tremendous and Ive had some local retailers match or come real close to matching some online sources. And on one ocassion beat an online retailer by $50! So I like to print adds out and take them with me as a bartering tool and it always seems to work really well. So thats' why I was asking. thx:)

Daz3d&Confus3d

Daz3d&Confus3d

Full Audioholic
Im actually thinking about that sub because my room isnt to big, bout 2550 sq. ft and if I can get a local retailer to do $425-$450 it may be worth it. I really like the finish on it.....My other option was to go with the Hsu stf-3 at $650 delivered.......hummm....I'm not sure.....that would be quit a bit of savings.....I just wonder how much better the stf-3 would be for movies. I thought about the svs pb-12 but it's just downright UGLY.....it's one of the most unattractive subs I've seen and I can't get myself to spend another $100 to go a step higher plus the shipping is more with svs.....so they're out.

What do you think?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Daz3d&Confus3d said:
Im actually thinking about that sub because my room isnt to big, bout 2550 sq. ft and if I can get a local retailer to do $425-$450 it may be worth it. I really like the finish on it.....My other option was to go with the Hsu stf-3 at $650 delivered.......hummm....I'm not sure.....that would be quit a bit of savings.....I just wonder how much better the stf-3 would be for movies. I thought about the svs pb-12 but it's just downright UGLY.....it's one of the most unattractive subs I've seen and I can't get myself to spend another $100 to go a step higher plus the shipping is more with svs.....so they're out.

What do you think?
I can safely say that this sub is not anywhere NEAR an STF-3. You can plug one prt on an STF-3 and it tunes it to 18Hz! :)

This sub has decent SPLs above 35Hz, and WAF. Thats aboot it.

SheepStar

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
Very very informative review Sheep...Thank you for all the trouble...

I'm still looking for a chicklet for you...;)

Daz3d&Confus3d

Daz3d&Confus3d

Full Audioholic
Yeah I went and looked at one last night and it is nice looking but is more suited for a smaller room than mine.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Daz3d&Confus3d said:
Yeah I went and looked at one last night and it is nice looking but is more suited for a smaller room than mine.
How big is your room?

SheepStar

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis