masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
I watched this movie yesterday. I'm waiting on the DVD to come out. The sound was awesome. Anybody has watched this movie? I'm not much into the storyline though.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
what about the action? what other movie can you compare this to?

matrix 1? 2? or 3? (or good, bad, worse) hehe

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
mike c said:
what about the action? what other movie can you compare this to?

matrix 1? 2? or 3? (or good, bad, worse) hehe
Action was ok, not comparable to matrix'es though.:D too lil' action..

majorloser

majorloser

I went to see it Sunday.

It's not even close to the other Wachoski movies. I don't want to spoil the movie for anybody planning on going. I will say the movie is about a terrorist that wants to change the government.

I give it a "3 out of 5"

I guess I had my hopes up that it was going to be a good comic book movie. To me it was equal to Daredevil (without JG) but not as good The Punisher. It definitely wasn't as good as X-men and not even in the same league as the Matrix films.

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
I loved it. However, I generally find action movies shallow and tiresome. Unlike most action flix this one had brains. It's the story that grabbed me -- and even my wife, who has even less regard for action movies.

We saw it in an IMAX theatre. I don't think the IMAX treatment did anything for it, at least visually.

B

Bluesmoke

Audioholic Chief
majorloser said:
To me it was equal to Daredevil (without JG) but not as good The Punisher.\
The work is by Alan Moore, who doesn't write 'superhero' stories. I think V trumps all over Daredevil and Punisher, both of which were popcorn flicks aimed at teens.

V is a more sophisticated film which caters to an audience with knowledge of current events and politics. It's a very profound story of finding one's place in the world and of course contains cliches we have to expect.

Not something for the action fans. But it's filmed brilliantly with good pace.

O

outsider

Audioholic
I saw it on Friday.
Honestly, one of the best movies I have seen in the last year. Hell, it's THE best movie I have seen in the last year.
Similar story to 1984, but more probable.
Also, I loved the role reversal of John Hurt.

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
It is filled with political notes I admit. I wouldn't really categorize it as an action movie. I think the explosions scenes would make a good DTS DVD.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
Not much action. Great dialog, great visuals, great pacing. Wonderful, thought provoking movie.. and the hero may not be who you think.

Not sure why they're advertising it as an action movie.. it definitely isn't. Maybe two or three action scenes.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
V = E.

This is nothing but a equilibrium remake, using a chick.

I'm sorry, but this will never be better then E.

SheepStar

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
Sheep said:
V = E.

This is nothing but a equilibrium remake, using a chick.

I'm sorry, but this will never be better then E.

SheepStar
Except for the fact that Equilibrium was horrifically stupid.

The acting was among the worst I've seen outside of soft-core Skinemax movies. The action scenes were drawn out and eye-rolling. The writing was worse than the worst of Star Wars.

Ugh.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
jonnythan said:
Except for the fact that Equilibrium was horrifically stupid.

The acting was among the worst I've seen outside of soft-core Skinemax movies. The action scenes were drawn out and eye-rolling. The writing was worse than the worst of Star Wars.

Ugh.
Its all relevant.

SheepStar

The Chukker

The Chukker

Full Audioholic
You want to see the seminal Wachowski flick? Rent or buy "Bound". It was the movie the siblings did to convince WB to finance the original "Matrix". It has Joe Pantoliano (sp?) in it as well as Jennifer Tilly and Gina Gershon. It is an awesome movie and has the best non NR rated lesbian sex scene ever. Ever.
Now back to your regularly scheduled thread... :eek:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Bound was pretty decent. Definitely had some good moments. Matrix was ground breaking, but 2 and 3 pretty much sucked (IMO).

The Chukker

The Chukker

Full Audioholic
j_garcia said:
Matrix was ground breaking, but 2 and 3 pretty much sucked (IMO).
Agreed. "Bound" definitely set the tone for the film noir style they used so brilliantly in "The Matrix" and which they puzzlingly abandoned in "Reloaded" and "Revolutions". I haven't seen "V" yet so I've got my fingers crossed...

Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
I just saw it the other night, and loved it. I thought it was closer to an Errol Flynn or David Niven movie than the Matrix stuff. Much more cerebral than most of the action/splatter films we all love.
Of course, that's just my opinion...I could be wrong

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
I thought V was amazing, great acting and story line. I agree not much of an action movie, but the few scenes like that it did have were great. It's definately a movie that makes you think and I don't think the average person that goes to see the movie will really fully understand the basis for the movie. I had my good friend from England in town who saw the movie with me and was able to fill me in on a lot of the English history that is left out and helps the movie to make more sense.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Finally got around to seeing it and I thought it was pretty good too. To me it was definitely 1984 / Equilibrium meets Count of Monte Cristo (thus all the references to Count of Monte Cristo). I wouldn't rank it up there with my favorite films, but I did think it was a hell of a lot better than most of the crap out there. Solid story, pretty good cinematography, good characters; overall a good flick.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis