B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
Bluesmoke said:
V is a more sophisticated film which caters to an audience with knowledge of current events and politics. It's a very profound story of finding one's place in the world and of course contains cliches we have to expect.
LOL...
This was conceived by leftist comic wackjobs during an "Anti-Thatcher" wet dream, and to call this pro-terrorist movie sophisticated....well, that would be rediculous. Just the same, I'll give it a whirl via my netflix queue once it's on DVD.

Last edited:
B

Buckeye_Nut

Sheep said:
V = E.

This is nothing but a equilibrium remake, using a chick.

I'm sorry, but this will never be better then E.

SheepStar
I agree except the big difference I see between the two movies is that equilibrium didnt go out of their way to muck up the movie with political hogwash.

J

jake51s

Junior Audioholic
I just have to say I loved this film. And not because I am a liberal diehard either, I have voted a straight republican ticket since I was 18. It brings up some very valid political issues as we as a country are slowly voting our rights away, and it was very entertaining. Not as good as The Matrix, much better than The Matrix 2&3. Also, Natalie Portman looked awesome in IMAX!!!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
To me, it the entire premise was Count of Monte Cristo, except without all of the fun stuff that Edmond Dantes did to get his revenge.... The revenge was elaborate but it was still not to the degree in Count. There was less Equilibrium in there than I expected from what Sheep was saying, but there were definitely portions taken almost directly from it; not a remake, per se, in my eyes. I liked it, and I will pick it up for sure when it hits DVD.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Does anyone know when this hits DVD? I really liked the soundtrack.

SheepStar

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
1 more day!

I hope there is some decent sound for this. It says dolby digital, but that doesn't mean it will have a crappy mix.

Anyone else getting inline for this one?

SheepStar

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Oh yeah. Can't wait for this one....

Best Buy will be selling a deluxe edition which includes the mask and some poster cards; though at $34 it is a bit steep, considering the mask can be had for a few dollars.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
j_garcia said:
Oh yeah. Can't wait for this one....

Best Buy will be selling a deluxe edition which includes the mask and some poster cards; though at $34 it is a bit steep, considering the mask can be had for a few dollars.
Haha, thats awesome. I don't think we have that deal in Canada.

SheepStar

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Sheep said:
1 more day!

I hope there is some decent sound for this. It says dolby digital, but that doesn't mean it will have a crappy mix.

Anyone else getting inline for this one?

SheepStar
I havent seen the movie yet, but I'm anxious to see it tomorrow. Especially for $14 at circuit city.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i already bought it, i'll try to watch it asap :) I skipped this one in theaters

majorloser

majorloser

mike c said:
i already bought it, i'll try to watch it asap :) I skipped this one in theaters
Hey, your a newlywed!

Ain't you got something better to be doin' then watchin' movies and hanging around on-line? ;)

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
majorloser said:
Hey, your a newlywed!

Ain't you got something better to be doin' then watchin' movies and hanging around on-line? ;)
he, in the 2 weeks I was married, I managed to watch 1 movie. last night: Galaxy Quest :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Galaxy Quest looked stupid, but it was actually pretty funny.

Picked up V 2 Disc today from CC with the free lithograph. It isn't a great litho, but it was free... Checked out the version with the mask - the mask was a 5" display type one, not a full size one. Cool, but hardly worth $35.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
j_garcia said:
Galaxy Quest looked stupid, but it was actually pretty funny.

Picked up V 2 Disc today from CC with the free lithograph. It isn't a great litho, but it was free... Checked out the version with the mask - the mask was a 5" display type one, not a full size one. Cool, but hardly worth $35.
Please, don't tell us about the disk, we love having to wait until the weekend to pick it up.

SheepStar

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.

R

Ron Temple

Senior Audioholic
j_garcia said:
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.
vuck vou...:D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Well,

Since JG is such a tease, I thought I'd post some info about the disk.

First, sound.

I have the soundtrack for this movie, and a downloaded, compressed DVD rip (got it a couple months before the release somehow) and the sound is fantastic! WAY better then the sountrack. Theres some great surround usage when the flaming V and O-ring thingy mo-bober appears. Theres also good amounts of LFE. Not WOTW, or LOTR, but decent nonetheless. It seemed oddly placed though. Like at the beginning when V turns off his TV, my couch shook. I wish my tv did that! The action scenes were also good. I haven't watched the whole thing through yet, so I can't speak of the "final" actioan scene, but I will post later once I have previewed it.

Second, picture.

I was very impressed with the picture. My dvd player suffers from jaggies (thanks Denon!) and it really irritates me, but this movie had none. I usually notice it, like on The Incredibles, when the fat one is at the clothing ladys house, when she walks up the stairs, they look terrible. But notthing caught my eye in this one. Big thumbs up.

I havent viewed the specail features yet, so I can't comment on those. I have the 2 disk Version BTW.

SheepStar

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
OK, so I viewed that final fight scene in V for Vendetta, and I can easily say its the bassiest part of the whole movie. I wasn't paying much attention to the surrounds, because of the bass. :eek:

SheepStar

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis