Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You should scour every available classified and Craigslist ads and look for as many speakers as you can find. Bring 'em all home and start experimenting with different combinations. Given enough time and trying I'm sure you could eventually match something up that'll work.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
The taco bell bag really adds to the overall ambience and aesthetic of your system. Lets a person know exactly what to expect in a noob setup. Does it sound as good as it looks tho..?
Realized when I unplugged it I shut the bass boost off .
Odds are I need to find the original speakers or bi amplified models ..
Sound is very clear for a total junk system... just a matter of placement.
When I moved speakers to back of garage near corner bass was fixed .
The treble and vocals however from the klh speakers leave a lot to be desired.
For under $60 I’d say it’s not bad .
Not as good as a Sony shelf system in one piece tho .. bass is better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
You should scour every available classified and Craigslist ads and look for as many speakers as you can find. Bring 'em all home and start experimenting with different combinations. Given enough time and trying I'm sure you could eventually match something up that'll work.
Already did that now I gotta try and sell the garbage speakers I don’t want .
And yes I have worst ones then in this thread .
These are mint to new woofers in a realistic box but I think it needs a super port cuz the box is far too small for sealed 8” woofer .
Box is for a 6” woofer

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
A "super port"?

You really are intent on staying "kingnoob" aren't you?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The taco bell bag really adds to the overall ambience and aesthetic of your system. Lets a person know exactly what to expect in a noob setup. Does it sound as good as it looks tho..?
It appears to be a Taco Bell box that speaker is sitting on! Former employer?

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
A "super port"?

You really are intent on staying "kingnoob" aren't you?
Turns key box size is too small so I may go sealed .
I didn’t pay $60 for the amp more like $8-10
My sister works at Taco Bell I quit that joint or hell hole years ago I tried it for 2 weeks . Never trying fast food again that was like 8 years ago and no I didn’t get free boxes
Woofers from parts express were $30 or so I think maybe more
It’s just a garage system not meant to be audiophile grade. Far clearer then a old radio from 2000 sitting in garage.
Finding bi ampable speakers or the original only way to sound good .

$9 was overpriced for the amp goodwill sucks

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Not their fault you bought it without doing any due diligence on whether it was worth getting.
Goodwill are junk salesman .::: I got that system sounding really well now actually

I may use this or the 10” klh sub but it’s ported need modded . Too flabby bass

This rca slim sub is not low enough bass but clarity is nice

Sorry I asked I was tired

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Not their fault you bought it without doing any due diligence on whether it was worth getting.
Turns out it was a very good deal with better speakers $9 for a good amp hooked my 10” klh sub that looks like a primitive duel ported sub I plan on flaring the port ina diy fashion or lessening the port noise make it more effective.

I think I may add one center speaker and go back to my better higher end shelf system amplifier .
Still a step under .
That 6 “ sub cannot Move enough air was causing me to strain my visiton woofers ....

m@kingMusic007

m@kingMusic007

Audiophyte
Just bought this receiver at a thrift shop for $20, and was searching for why the sound was low/off. Happy to see this exchange. I'll be heading back to see if they have the matching speakers or else returning the receiver.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Just bought this receiver at a thrift shop for $20, and was searching for why the sound was low/off. Happy to see this exchange. I'll be heading back to see if they have the matching speakers or else returning the receiver.
What junk??????

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
What junk??????
Oh sure! Ignore my pm from a couple of weeks ago but reply to a noob thread! I see how you are...

:p :p

I'm kidding. I know you usually have a lot going on. Arm is feeling better, btw. Still pretty tender but I dodged having to go to physical therapy by doing my own. Just simple stretching and bending while I sit in my chair. My doctor was actually surprised and impressed with my range of motion last visit. :cool:

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Oh sure! Ignore my pm from a couple of weeks ago but reply to a noob thread! I see how you are...

:p :p

I'm kidding. I know you usually have a lot going on. Arm is feeling better, btw. Still pretty tender but I dodged having to go to physical therapy by doing my own. Just simple stretching and bending while I sit in my chair. My doctor was actually surprised and impressed with my range of motion last visit. :cool:
Sorry, I missed your PM somehow. Glad the issue is resolving.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
It’s not the worst receiver but a little lacking , I’m not sure why this design exists ...
Feels like a Bose gimmick in Sony form ..
I hooked woofer to one low bass output and a satellite speakers for high end .
It got pretty loud but my klh sub speaker inputs broke. Needed a sub for more bass

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
Dude, I'd honestly burn all that in a bonfire, hit the Facebook market place and find a cheap mini system for the garage. It'll sound better than that. Please. For everyone.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis