S

SimplyEpic

Audioholic
I recently had to ship my Marantz SR6014 in for a warranty repair on a faulty left surround channel which was causing intermittent crackling. I shipped the receiver via FedEx to United Radio which was recommended by Marantz for this repair. So far all went well.

A week later I am notified by United my receiver is being shipped back via UPS with my tracking number. I was very happy so far with the speed of the repair including transit even though I spent just over $100 to have it shipped to them.

I checked the UPS tracking yesterday and it stated the package was being shipped to MN and should be arriving today by 9pm with a shipping weight of 33lbs. Again very impressed with about a 48 hour delivery from NY to MN. I checked again today to make sure it is being delivered and it is now showing as being shipped to VA and weighs 9lbs.

I immediately called United Radio which in turn called and put a stop shipment on the package. Now I have to wait for them to get the package. Verify if it is even mine since there is a definite weight disparity and what happened. Not completely sure what will happen if it is not my receiver which is what I expect and in the meantime I am stuck with no backup for my movies and shows other that 2015 TV speakers and listening to music on my PC with a Logitech Z906 system while my speakers and subs just sit. :mad:

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I recently had to ship my Marantz SR6014 in for a warranty repair on a faulty left surround channel which was causing intermittent crackling. I shipped the receiver via FedEx to United Radio which was recommended by Marantz for this repair. So far all went well.

A week later I am notified by United my receiver is being shipped back via UPS with my tracking number. I was very happy so far with the speed of the repair including transit even though I spent just over $100 to have it shipped to them.

I checked the UPS tracking yesterday and it stated the package was being shipped to MN and should be arriving today by 9pm with a shipping weight of 33lbs. Again very impressed with about a 48 hour delivery from NY to MN. I checked again today to make sure it is being delivered and it is now showing as being shipped to VA and weighs 9lbs.

I immediately called United Radio which in turn called and put a stop shipment on the package. Now I have to wait for them to get the package. Verify if it is even mine since there is a definite weight disparity and what happened. Not completely sure what will happen if it is not my receiver which is what I expect and in the meantime I am stuck with no backup for my movies and shows other that 2015 TV speakers and listening to music on my PC with a Logitech Z906 system while my speakers and subs just sit. :mad:
I think you need to call UPS and see how the tracking information could change in that way. I have never had anything like that happen with UPS and I use them a lot. I am in Minnesota also, Eagan.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah that's a new one on me that tracking info changes like that. I'd also be in contact with both UPS and the shipper.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Ever since the big ice storm, UPS has been more inconsistent than usual, and at times very bad.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Guess I'm lucky that it's only a 16 mile round trip to the 'local' repair shop for me! If I shipped my broken stereo to the local shop UPS or FEDEX would probably ship it to Timbuktu.

S

SimplyEpic

Audioholic
United and UPS are trying to identify what happened. Currently my alleged 9lb receiver is out for delivery in VA per the UPS tracking site. Hopefully I should hear something today. If I'm extremely lucky there is an issue with the site and it is out for delivery to me and not someone else. I mean my actual receiver and not whatever the 9lb object is.

Last edited:
S

SimplyEpic

Audioholic
Hopefully my nightmare will be coming to an end soon. UPS put a recall on the package with my tracking number and it was returned to Untied Radio this morning. I have not heard from United Radio yet but I am hoping what they received was my receiver. Either way this should provide a path to a solution whether it is to get my receiver back or for them to provide restitution or a replacement for the one in limbo.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just hope if this package has been bouncing around their system this long if it's still functional! :) Maybe they could retest, too....

highfigh

highfigh

Just hope if this package has been bouncing around their system this long if it's still functional! :) Maybe they could retest, too....
If they break it, they bought it- that's why they have insurance.

I'm glad I have a UPS store, a Kinko's and USPS within a couple of miles- if I have no way to pick up a large package or if I happen to be closer to the distribution center, I have things held for pickup. They have been extremely accommodating- it's too bad they can't all be so helpful and competent.

S

SimplyEpic

Audioholic
From what I am told I will find out on Tuesday. I can say I am a bit disappointed that United Radio didn't contact me directly when the received the returned unit and didn't bother to expedite the shipping even though it was a shipping mishap with UPS. All I received was a email stating it was shipped with the tracking number.

If it were my business and something like this happened I would be trying to get he product back into the customers hands as soon as possible rather than prolonging the issue with a slower delivery method than was used the first time.

S

SimplyEpic

Audioholic
Well the nightmare continues. I just got my receiver back. UPS dropped it off with what looks to have been plenty of packing. The receiver was in a bag that was then surrounded on all sides by 2 layers of bubble rap which was then placed in an oversized box filled with Styrofoam packing peanuts. Once I pulled the receiver out of the bag and placed it on the table I started to notice things were not good. Looking at the receiver from the front shows the left side sits lower on the faceplate then on the right. The left side now has dents and scratches and does not butt up against the faceplate like the right side which leads me to believe the chassis is bent.. The front left foot is bent and causes the unit to teeter totter on any flat surface. Near the front left foot on the bottom of the faceplate there is now a small crack and I don't know if the unit works as it was designed since I have not reattached anything since I pulled it out of the box due to the damage already received.

I have contacted United Radio and sent them pictures and descriptions of what I received and they are working on sending me packaging to ship the unit back to them again so they can make a claim with UPS and eventually I presume reimburse me.

Been over a month since my speakers received power and withdrawal of my own is setting in :mad: and that is the better part of my feelings on this situation.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I hope you actually get a replacement unit rather than the battered one "fixed up". Did they indicate which way that part would go? Sorry you've been out of tunes for a month (one reason I keep old gear around, I've always got backup).

S

SimplyEpic

Audioholic
They just said they will need to have my unit returned so they could make a claim with UPS or if they would just repair the current unit so not sure what they will be doing. I have sent them a message that I would like to just have this replaced or reimbursed so I can get a new one rather than continue the shipping back and forth that seems to be doing more harm than good at this point. But they haven't replied back yet.

S

SimplyEpic

Audioholic
Hopefully things will go better this time around. United Radio received my AVR yesterday and I am waiting to hear back from the. It has been a long haul waiting for all of this to get resolved. Hard to believe this started with a bad left surround block back in February and I am still trying to get this resolved. I've been keeping track of all the communications, email, and shipping data in a log just in case this gets any worse.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Sorry to hear it. Dealing with stuff like that sucks.

S

SimplyEpic

Audioholic
Well after initially shipping my receiver in for a warranty repair on 02/23 and going through the UPS issues I finally have it back and it seems fully functional. The damage to the front left leg is still there but it doesn't rock when sitting on the stand and I don't feel like shipping it back in for a 3rd time to risk any further issues. Most of the cosmetic damage was repaired and hopefully it will continue to perform well for the next few years. I will be sending them an email about the leg and letting them know that because of the history I do not wish to send it back in but don't expect much from them at this point. Overall extremely disappointed.

highfigh

highfigh

Well after initially shipping my receiver in for a warranty repair on 02/23 and going through the UPS issues I finally have it back and it seems fully functional. The damage to the front left leg is still there but it doesn't rock when sitting on the stand and I don't feel like shipping it back in for a 3rd time to risk any further issues. Most of the cosmetic damage was repaired and hopefully it will continue to perform well for the next few years. I will be sending them an email about the leg and letting them know that because of the history I do not wish to send it back in but don't expect much from them at this point. Overall extremely disappointed.
Have United Radio file a hidden damage report. Hopefully, they will send an advance replacement.

S

SimplyEpic

Audioholic
Will see what they can do. I sent an email again today and waiting for a response. At least they are acting like they would like to resolve this and not just saying sorry your SOL. At the very least we are communicating about it and it isn't taking them weeks to get back to me. I am a little hopeful but keeping expectations low.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Sorry for your troubles, do i understand you correctly that it was not shipped in it's original carton with original packing materials ?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis