Upgrading Center channel ideas

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
What exactly are you unhappy with regarding your center?

Dialogue not loud enough?

Try increasing the speaker channel level of your center manually by 3dB and see if that improves the dialogue.
OP, I didn't see where you really answered this. Exactly what do you mean by "not performing well enough"?

O

ottopookey

Audioholic Intern
i guess i feel like the vocals should be a bit brighter more crisp....

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
i guess i feel like the vocals should be a bit brighter more crisp....
It sounds kind of "muddy" ?

If that's the case, definitely change brand. What speakers does your local Best Buy have? Any Infinity, Pioneer, Klipsch, etc. ?

Try them out at home.

O

ottopookey

Audioholic Intern
MY BB is horrible...old polks and Klipsch's.....i can't change the whole front stage.

just the center speaker if possible..if not i can deal..or get that other polk that was suggested to me

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
MY BB is horrible...old polks and Klipsch's.....i can't change the whole front stage.

just the center speaker if possible..if not i can deal..or get that other polk that was suggested to me
Well, just try one Klipsch center speaker and see how it sounds. It's not ideal, but if it sounds 100% better than before, then it may be worth it.

Free return policy, right?

bears_t2

bears_t2

Junior Audioholic
OP I have a Polk CSI-6 that you may be intrested in. Give me a shout out if you want. I will give you a good price on it.

M

marksas

Audioholic Intern
Otto, do you have the centre channel sitting on top of an entertainment unit or similar? If so, ensure that the centre is pulled right forward to the front edge of the unit; even overhanging a bit if possible. Having the centre channel pushed back on a shelf or unit plays havoc with the "punchy" upper bass/low mid frequencies, and can adversly affect intelligibility of male vocals.
I believe this may be what i'm experiencing. My 3 fronts are sitting on a unit that is almost 40" high and all 3 speakers have about a foot of space in front of them. Also they are all Mirage OMD line so i think it is being exaggerated slightly by the ominpolar sound dispersion.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis