Upgrade to 4K time !

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Thank you for this! You bring up a really good point. I bought the 2020 Roku Ultra a few months ago and it's been great. But I can't help wondering if the apps in the TV would look even better. The only issue I have, is having to turn on ARC. Although, as long as it works, it's not big deal, especially if the picture is better. Thanks again.
I’ve got the ultra too really like it a lot I run it through the avr and I get stunning picture and sound from it it’s hands above our hd cable box from Xfinity .

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Agreed. That's what he was referring to and it apparently works very well. I know it does for my plasma.

At least LG is aware of the "burn-in" perception the same way they were when they manufactured plasmas, but also that they're actively making the OLED panels more immune. I hope we get to where the last gen plasmas were with burn it. Mine is 8 years old at this point with no burn in whatsoever. It does retain an image for a bit when first turning it on, but that fades very fast.

If my 70" vizio craps out on me, I'll have to seriously consider what to get next, and that vizio is already turning purple. :mad:
The fella I talked to said they had two models that had that feature there but none in stock he said it did a great job . Those LG’s man they got a great picture too . I was interested in 3 brands in two sizes and they were out of every thing and none in any warehouse in there system. I thought it was odd to walk into Best Buy and see the walls of tv land empty except for store demo’s .

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
The fella I talked to said they had two models that had that feature there but none in stock he said it did a great job . Those LG’s man they got a great picture too . I was interested in 3 brands in two sizes and they were out of every thing and none in any warehouse in there system. I thought it was odd to walk into Best Buy and see the walls of tv land empty except for store demo’s .
They've been busier than ever from what my BIL was telling me, and they have the lowest staff they've ever had. Not a good combo. Took away bonuses and vendor accommodations (some). Not good for BB.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
They've been busier than ever from what my BIL was telling me, and they have the lowest staff they've ever had. Not a good combo. Took away bonuses and vendor accommodations (some). Not good for BB.
Ya know we was in the local one at 4 pm on a Saturday and had to go to customer service to get an employee to come back and help us . I told my wife this is sure strange to not have at least one person in each department or be swarmed by 3 or 4 asking if they could help you .
And the they only had two AVR’s in the audio section to look at a new Yamaha and a Sony and a lot of empty spots on there display wall for tv’s . Kind of made me wonder what was going on with the whole store because the employee they sent back knew next to nothing about any tv they had . Any questions we had he had to check his phone for information on brand and specs . Hope for the best for Best Buy in these strange times especially her as there the only retailer that carry’s anything of value in tvs and home theater gear .

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Ya know we was in the local one at 4 pm on a Saturday and had to go to customer service to get an employee to come back and help us . I told my wife this is sure strange to not have at least one person in each department or be swarmed by 3 or 4 asking if they could help you .
And the they only had two AVR’s in the audio section to look at a new Yamaha and a Sony and a lot of empty spots on there display wall for tv’s . Kind of made me wonder what was going on with the whole store because the employee they sent back knew next to nothing about any tv they had . Any questions we had he had to check his phone for information on brand and specs . Hope for the best for Best Buy in these strange times especially her as there the only retailer that carry’s anything of value in tvs and home theater gear .
Best Buy is expected to close more than 20 stores this year. So maybe your store is getting ready to close in the near future.

I live about 10 miles from Best Buy HQ. Their large stores that have everything are always full. They have employees walking around trying to help people. The small stores are not that great anymore. They cut them in half and cut the employees too. They are trying to get more online service and quick pickup outside if you were to order pickup. I don't particularly like this new format and I hate their new store layout. Customer service and checkout are all the same line. So every time I stop by my local BB, there is always 5-8 people waiting in line. And they had to put it at the front of the store when you enter. Clogs up the entrance sometimes.

The small stores also removed their giant racks of 4k movies. Now they just have one rack with the newest releases. You have to order everything else. Not the end of the world, but I enjoyed going in and browsing their selection every couple of weeks.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Best Buy is expected to close more than 20 stores this year. So maybe your store is getting ready to close in the near future.

I live about 10 miles from Best Buy HQ. Their large stores that have everything are always full. They have employees walking around trying to help people. The small stores are not that great anymore. They cut them in half and cut the employees too. They are trying to get more online service and quick pickup outside if you were to order pickup. I don't particularly like this new format and I hate their new store layout. Customer service and checkout are all the same line. So every time I stop by my local BB, there is always 5-8 people waiting in line. And they had to put it at the front of the store when you enter. Clogs up the entrance sometimes.

The small stores also removed their giant racks of 4k movies. Now they just have one rack with the newest releases. You have to order everything else. Not the end of the world, but I enjoyed going in and browsing their selection every couple of weeks.
Well, BB has the same issue a lot of big box stores that have been around for a long time have. There are simply too many stores. They built more BB stores than they had customers looking to go to the store. I have one 5 min from my house. Also 25 min from my house. Also 30 min from my house. That's too many.

When I worked in the western part of TX, there was a store every 2hrs away or so. Those stores are among the most profitable in the company since there are TONS of people out there, but no store to go to. Then you move to a large metropolitan area and there are MANY more stores in a small area, but nobody seems to go to them since there are so many other options. Certain ones, like the Magnolia stores, are still busy, but my tiny store isn't.

It sucks, but a lot of this is due to bad management at the top. That's what killed Circuit City. It's what's killing Sears, and JCPenny (whose dead).

A lot of these places just didn't get with the times quick enough. Too little too late now.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Mainly the burn in issue on the LG don’t get me wrong it’s an awesome picture on the LG for sure and to my eye slightly better than the Q 90 T . I have read of the blooming on the Q90T it is a concern too .
How much do you game on your TV? If the answer is 'never' and that you regularly watch different things on your TV, then burn in is almost a non-issue. If you've ever owned a plasma, and never experienced burn-in, then OLED won't have any issues either.

I've owned two different plasmas. I've gamed on both of them occasionally, and neither had any burn-in issues.

Being aware that it COULD happen is the main thing. You just want to remember if there is some static logo in the corner, that perhaps after four or five hours to go watch something else, or to turn it off for a while. At your budget, you have choices, and you will be happy with pretty much anything I would expect. This isn't a battle between 'great' and 'sucky'. It's a battle between 'really good' and 'really really good'.

120hz starts to matter when you get into gaming more and more and more. Few panels support 120hz refresh rates or VRR or other gaming features. LG and Sony are some of the only ones. To my knowledge, the support by LG for 120hz has fallen on their OLED panels heavily along with their gaming monitors.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General

Very much agree on all you said I’d hate to see this one go under as like I said it’s the only thing going in my area for any thing electronic .

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
How much do you game on your TV? If the answer is 'never' and that you regularly watch different things on your TV, then burn in is almost a non-issue. If you've ever owned a plasma, and never experienced burn-in, then OLED won't have any issues either.

I've owned two different plasmas. I've gamed on both of them occasionally, and neither had any burn-in issues.

Being aware that it COULD happen is the main thing. You just want to remember if there is some static logo in the corner, that perhaps after four or five hours to go watch something else, or to turn it off for a while. At your budget, you have choices, and you will be happy with pretty much anything I would expect. This isn't a battle between 'great' and 'sucky'. It's a battle between 'really good' and 'really really good'.

120hz starts to matter when you get into gaming more and more and more. Few panels support 120hz refresh rates or VRR or other gaming features. LG and Sony are some of the only ones. To my knowledge, the support by LG for 120hz has fallen on their OLED panels heavily along with their gaming monitors.
I pulled the trigger on a 2021 QN 65 90 A Samsung . Got it coming from Crutchfield should be here next week . I couldn’t locate the model from last year anywhere. No I not a gamer my son is but I mostly into movies and some regular tv . The specs on this one seems really good for what I want and use it for . We’ll find out how good it is real quick .

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I was noticing the 85in 900 series at Costco. It’s not as great of picture as the LG but it’s a lot cheaper. I’m leaning that direction. I am looking for a bigger screen for watching Ice Hockey.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I was noticing the 85in 900 series at Costco. It’s not as great of picture as the LG but it’s a lot cheaper. I’m leaning that direction. I am looking for a bigger screen for watching Ice Hockey.
There ya go I seen a few 85’s when I was shopping around there huge one LG and one Samsung for these old eyes in a store environment I really couldn’t decide which was the better they had a big Sony that looked dam good too . Hockey fan cool me too Iam an hour from Pittsburgh west of , go to a few games every year we’ll until Covid but hope by fall things are kind of normal. Iam a Boston fan have been for over 50 years thick or thin but I’ll watch anybody .

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
There ya go I seen a few 85’s when I was shopping around there huge one LG and one Samsung for these old eyes in a store environment I really couldn’t decide which was the better they had a big Sony that looked dam good too . Hockey fan cool me too Iam an hour from Pittsburgh west of , go to a few games every year we’ll until Covid but hope by fall things are kind of normal. Iam a Boston fan have been for over 50 years thick or thin but I’ll watch anybody .
I'm waiting for the new Sony 100" that's supposed to drop sometime this summer. The X92 model I believe. Either that or the A95J-85". One or the other. Both will be kick ass TV's.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I'm waiting for the new Sony 100" that's supposed to drop sometime this summer. The X92 model I believe. Either that or the A95J-85". One or the other. Both will be kick ass TV's.
I feel like that 100" display will cost an arm and a leg no matter what tech it uses. Screens that size are probably a pain to make and are not ordered in a large quantity.

However, Sony could come out and say it costs $3k. I'd buy one at that price.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
I agree with you guys on the stores being over saturated in a given area. I'm in toasty Tucson, and there are 3 Best Buys within 15 miles, which is just ridiculous. I've only been to one though. But having said that, I still enjoy going there and looking around whether or not I want to buy anything. I've always enjoyed just walking around and looking at stuff. Just like enjoyed Circuit City years ago. Yes, I'm dating myself. I'd be interested to know what area of the country some of you are in. @Mark E. Long congrats on the new set, and many years of enjoyment. You got a quality product with top notch picture and Crutchfield is a great place to buy.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I agree with you guys on the stores being over saturated in a given area. I'm in toasty Tucson, and there are 3 Best Buys within 15 miles, which is just ridiculous. I've only been to one though. But having said that, I still enjoy going there and looking around whether or not I want to buy anything. I've always enjoyed just walking around and looking at stuff. Just like enjoyed Circuit City years ago. Yes, I'm dating myself. I'd be interested to know what area of the country some of you are in. @Mark E. Long congrats on the new set, and many years of enjoyment. You got a quality product with top notch picture and Crutchfield is a great place to buy.
Thanks man Iam looking forward to its arrival. I was somewhat reluctant on getting it there being shipped and all but after talking with them about it they really eased my mind of concerns about but like the dude said after all we get shipped freight to us too lol so I got what I wanted and a newer version to boot . My son buys car gear from them and is always satisfied so why not try them out they are very knowledgeable on TVs for sure . Iam in eastern Ohio our only Best Buy is 20 miles away and I am concerned about they lack of products and employees they had there very odd I thought .

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
The Kraken will be our new NHL team in Seattle this fall. Been going to WHL games the past decade and had season tickets several years. NHL season tickets are a lot more expensive though. LOL :)

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I feel like that 100" display will cost an arm and a leg no matter what tech it uses. Screens that size are probably a pain to make and are not ordered in a large quantity.

However, Sony could come out and say it costs $3k. I'd buy one at that price.
From what I've read it might be around the $5k price range. The 85" should be around $3500 or $3700 so $5k range sounds about right for that specific TV.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Circuit City was the bomb. I miss looking at all the PC towers with Windows 98, 3" thick laptops, video cameras, 5 mega-pixel cameras and many more awesome pre 2000's tech. Back before Cell phones took over the front of stores. When you were engulfed with movies, music and gaming equipment.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
The Kraken will be our new NHL team in Seattle this fall. Been going to WHL games the past decade and had season tickets several years. NHL season tickets are a lot more expensive though. LOL :)
Man it’s crazy what they charge for one ticket let alone season seats . We’ve got an Echl team over here The Wheeling Nailers there a farm team for Pittsburgh about 20 miles from me we go a lot it’s a good brand of hockey them boys be hungry to move up . Lots of fights and goals lol . There AHL team is about two hours east we’ve been to a couple of those . Really ready for the NHL to get back to normal kind of weird hearing crowd noise and not a soul sitting there lol .

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
XBR85X90CH is $ 2200. I am looking to pull the trigger tomorrow. any one have a better idea? Thanks.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis