Upgrade Receiver/amp?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I’m getting a great open box/excellent condition deal on a Denon x6700h for $1300, would that be ideal?
Could always try.

But Denon and Marantz are the same, although the 6700 is a higher-end model than the cinema-50.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Was considering the A6A or A8A, would I miss much if I chose the A4A over the other 2?
If you felt the Cinema 50 was a lateral move, then the A4A wouldn't make a difference. The A6A should be able to do it. The AVR-X6700H is quite powerful too so it may work as well. If not, the you can add a 3 channel power amp but not the Emotiva Bass X, need something more powerful.

S

S_singh

Enthusiast
If you felt the Cinema 50 was a lateral move, then the A4A wouldn't make a difference. The A6A should be able to do it. The AVR-X6700H is quite powerful too so it may work as well. If not, the you can add a 3 channel power amp but not the Emotiva Bass X, need something more powerful.
Was also looking into outlaw 7000 would that be the same thing as the Emotiva Bass X?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Was also looking into outlaw 7000 would that be the same thing as the Emotiva Bass X?
The Outlaw likely have a larger power supply, but I am thinking of the Hypex based class D amps, such as the NC252MP based ones.

Your RX-A860's preouts are not adequate for those power amps that have a few dB lower gain than Emotiva's and the AVR's build in amps. The AVR-X6700H will have no problem outputting 2 V or higher, at very low distortions.

Sorry, it will cost you a lot of money but if you want the SVS Utra towers to do their best, you do have to upgrade, unless you don't listen loud, and don't sit too far, such as not more than 8-10 ft.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis