UPDATED: Mark L. Schifter, PLEADS GUILTY to suspicion of charity fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SlushPuppy

Audioholic Intern
Hmmm, as of 3PM central time, both the website and the forum are gone.

S

SlushPuppy

Audioholic Intern
Or maybe they were taken offline so they could update them with measurements and high-res photos of the new G2 line :rolleyes:

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I'm sure they'll be back. Ahhh, to have been videotaping the exit of all of them.

K

KlipschHead281

Junior Audioholic
Website down, forum gone, nobody answers the phone due to "inventory". One has to wonder, obviously nobody takes their sales staff offline unless something is going down, perhaps literally.

So much for getting the amp issue resolved. I've been mostly offline and the amp I shipped to them was sent back as undeliverable.

Looks like I may be buying my own amps.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
I've been mostly offline and the amp I shipped to them was sent back as undeliverable.
How recently did that happen? If they aren't accepting deliveries of amps requiring warranty repair, it would seem unlikely that they'd be able to accept delivery of a truckload of new product - or do much of anything else related to being an online store.

H

Hugh-Melody

Audioholic
It can only mean 1 thing...They are gone.
Website down, forum gone, nobody answers the phone due to "inventory". One has to wonder, obviously nobody takes their sales staff offline unless something is going down, perhaps literally.

So much for getting the amp issue resolved. I've been mostly offline and the amp I shipped to them was sent back as undeliverable.

Looks like I may be buying my own amps.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Nothing to see here...

Just getting the forum and website ready for the announcement to the new Ricket line of speakers. Get ready to bask in the AV321 quality and experience! (sarcasm)

D

drab

Enthusiast
You can say a lot of things about 321pffft but you can't say they were inconsistant. They lied through their A$$ from day one to the very end.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
The website up or down, it still sounds like death rattle.

S

SlushPuppy

Audioholic Intern
I can't wait to hear how they'll explain the latest outage.

"Don't worry folks. We're not going anywhere. In fact I have some GREAT "news" to tell you (sorry, the BOSS won't let me open my kimono on this AMAZING development.... just yet :)

Today's outage was CLEARLY an attempt to sabotage out GREAT company and tarnish the STELLAR reputation that we have worked so tirelessly to build. I'll tell you this much - we know who they are and they will be PUNISHED!

He He, I'll probably take a lot of HEAT over this, but what the heck :)

OK, don't hold me to any dates (and TRUST me, I won't give any at this time), but we're currently developing the "successor" to the HIGHLY ANTICIPATED Rocket G2 line (so ALMOST famously reviewed by StereoMojo). Yes, napkin sketches have been prototyped by the TADG Designe Groupe, and we should have working "mules" in our designe centre later this year, or maybe next year. Surely the year after that.

Well, that's all I can say for now.

Hugs,

TADG - Marke"

K

KlipschHead281

Junior Audioholic
How recently did that happen? If they aren't accepting deliveries of amps requiring warranty repair, it would seem unlikely that they'd be able to accept delivery of a truckload of new product - or do much of anything else related to being an online store.
Last week it was returned.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
While it is looking like the end is near, the 451 quality will live on for quite some time with the sights and sounds of cracking veneer and humming subwoofers.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
New Poll at DSMB

What's your prediction for what's going to happen today? Vote here and maybe later today we'll know the story.

R

ravingndrooling

Audiophyte
Stop it Chu,:D
You made me laugh so hard, I ruined my first cup of coffee!!

D

dane

Audioholic Intern
While it is looking like the end is near, the 451 quality will live on for quite some time with the sights and sounds of cracking veneer and humming subwoofers.
Believe it or not, my 750-NMs, RSC200-NM, RSS-300's, and twin UFW-10's have been working flawlessly since day one. All will be about seven years old this Christmas... But I do know they had more quality problems starting a few years after that... It's a real shame all that's transpired...

Regardless of what happens today, I do still enjoy my home theater...

..dane

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
What's your prediction for what's going to happen today? Vote here and maybe later today we'll know the story.
One more option. He will show but will have to leave due to bad gas. No one will argue while the judge says to be back in September.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Believe it or not, my 750-NMs, RSC200-NM, RSS-300's, and twin UFW-10's have been working flawlessly since day one. All will be about seven years old this Christmas... But I do know they had more quality problems starting a few years after that... It's a real shame all that's transpired...

..dane
They have had massive quality control issues for several years stemming across multiple products and product lines. I am sure someone has an accurate list available that can be posted which will show the magnitude of the quality issues which can then be put in perspective.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
Believe it or not, my 750-NMs, RSC200-NM, RSS-300's, and twin UFW-10's have been working flawlessly since day one. All will be about seven years old this Christmas... But I do know they had more quality problems starting a few years after that...
All of those were built by SAC back before AV123 ran up a big debt, and the front three have hand-made upgraded crossover networks made by a third party. The UFW-10's were likely part of the first batch built, which means they pre-date the batch of bad amps that generated such turmoil between SAC, Jade Design, and AV123. It's a good collection of equipment, but not representative of what AV123 has offered for sale in more recent years. Also, if they will be seven years old this Christmas, they were all purchased about 10 months before the first raffle - the Ballet Nouveau fund-raiser that Mark used to line his own pocket and kicked off the subsequent years of raffle theft.

It's a real shame all that's transpired...

..dane
The physical objects in your home - MDF, veneer, drivers, wires, capacitors, resistors, and so forth - will not be changed by a court judgment anymore than they were changed by the earlier indictment or the even earlier misdeeds that led to the indictment. They work and you like them, and that will still be true this evening.

On the other hand, any G2 Rockets that get built (assuming any are built and sold to consumers) can't make the same claim, as the potential for Mark's misdeeds and AV123's poor business practices to impact the final quality of such speakers is almost absolute. It's the same thing that was seen with the MFW-15, the LS speakers, the BMF, the X-Plosive, the RSL-II, and the X electronics line. All of those were less than they could have been because AV123 took shortcuts to save money (including saving money on design fees by not paying designers), and many were left stranded on the drawing board as a result of those shortcuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis