Unraveling of America? Is the decline of our "empire" a given at this point?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
So here what I found....no cuts took place.

Not to mention article clearly states that the reserves were not brought back during the Obama admin. They spent it on vaccines. So not really sure what we should believe. Politics at its best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
So, Trump's claims of empty shelves is false. It wasn't at 100%. OK. He had 3 years to fill it to 100%.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I don't think it's fair to dump all the blame in the US on Trump, as there have been failures on the part of the individual states, responsible federal agencies, as well as the populace at large. There have been failures on the part of many country's governments, including Canada's...
Leadership starts at the top. Still not there, too busy golfing and re-election jaunts....
After that having 50 states scrambling to get a hold of this, or just following the head leader that it will just go away is not the way for a country to solve a national pandemic emergency. Resistance from governors even if a county or city wanted to do the right thing. Hell, at least 1 went to court to block efforts.
And, we see the results. Florida lifted restrictions on a restaurants, bars, etc. Stand by.

Unthinkable having states bidding against each other for medical supplies during a pandemic and an emergency. price gouging is a crime.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Again with Sweden....

What underlying medical issues exist among the people in these countries? How do the differences in diet factor into this?
You mean there is a huge difference between those 3 Nordic countries, my point, to have such a difference in the death rates between Sweden and the other two?
And, what would be the best diet to be resistant against this Sars-19?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Collective rights usurp individual rights all day long every day. Hunting seasons, speed limits, TSA agents, the IRS, required vaccination records to attend public schools, military drafts. This must mean the end is here for you.
And the list is long. ;) Nudists are restricted to exclusive beaches:D
And lets not talk about women's reproductive right. ;)

Yes, near but it is relative.

Last edited:
J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
So, Trump's claims of empty shelves is false. It wasn't at 100%. OK. He had 3 years to fill it to 100%.
Don’t know if the shelves were full. Just saying it was not from lack of funds. I don’t believe Trump’s job is to stock shelves. The funds were there. The department obviously dropped the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Believe the truth!

There were no cuts during the Trump admin.
Trump tried to make cuts, but the Senate did not approve them!
So if you are championing Trump, he failed by intent, but was unable to get his wish!

"The reserves were not brought back during the Obama Admin" is a true statement, but it is misleading! As I explained before:

So, there were cuts, but they pre-dated Trump (and certainly cannot be blamed on Trump).
Trump wanted to do the wrong thing, but was blocked.
Obama wanted to do the right thing, but was blocked.
And,, the leader had 3 years to restock the supplies to 100% and exercise his people on response. Obama's team tried in the transition but lack of interest from the leaders team was in the way.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Don’t know if the shelves were full. Just saying it was not from lack of funds. I don’t believe Trump’s job is to stock shelves. The funds were there. The department obviously dropped the ball.

You are missing the point or maybe not since the buck doesn't stop with Trump, someone else of course.
Obvious the shelves were not restocked and not the president's responsibility to make sure it was. My mistake.
Did any heads rolled?

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
You are missing the point or maybe not since the buck doesn't stop with Trump, someone else of course.
Obvious the shelves were not restocked and not the president's responsibility to make sure it was. My mistake.
Did any heads rolled?
Not sure. I would hope so. Maybe not right now in the middle of all this but maybe when things settle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I just can't agree, Jeff. The President's job is to do what's necessary, whatever is necessary, within the lawful powers granted to the office. This pandemic is a worldwide emergency, and certainly a national emergency. This is why the office of the President is given such broad powers by the Constitution and various acts of Congress. I can see where it isn't Trump's job to see that the Pentagon has enough pencils, but a lot of lives depended on PPE early on, and Trump declined to act or to have his administration act. Frankly, I was ashamed of him. He touts his authoritative style and can-do attitude, but he did nothing. It's also time for Congress to STFU and formulate some legislation to fund and require the production of critical products in the US, including the supply chain. Even Trump would have no choice but to sign.

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
I just can't agree, Jeff. The President's job is to do what's necessary, whatever is necessary, within the lawful powers granted to the office. This pandemic is a worldwide emergency, and certainly a national emergency. This is why the office of the President is given such broad powers by the Constitution and various acts of Congress. I can see where it isn't Trump's job to see that the Pentagon has enough pencils, but a lot of lives depended on PPE early on, and Trump declined to act or to have his administration act. Frankly, I was ashamed of him. He touts his authoritative style and can-do attitude, but he did nothing. It's also time for Congress to STFU and formulate some legislation to fund and require the production of critical products in the US, including the supply chain. Even Trump would have no choice but to sign.
So I will clarify some. He is still accountable for a failure under his watch. I think RACI diagrams in business.

My main goal in this data was to clarify the fact the this department had the resources necessary to manage this for the past 10 years. 3 under Trump and 7 under Obama.

Pretty ridiculous....and yet it happened to Trump. Obama looked the other way for 7 years and got lucky....so now Trump is crap an Obama is great. Both were in charge of an organization that was rolling the dice with potential risk to lives.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
So I will clarify some. He is still accountable for a failure under his watch. I think RACI diagrams in business.

My main goal in this data was to clarify the fact the this department had the resources necessary to manage this for the past 10 years. 3 under Trump and 7 under Obama.

Pretty ridiculous....and yet it happened to Trump. Obama looked the other way for 7 years and got lucky....so now Trump is crap an Obama is great. Both were in charge of an organization that was rolling the dice with potential risk to lives.
I didn't say Obama was great. For one thing, I didn't think so, except for possibly putting more land in protected national monuments, and at least trying to do something with healthcare. Trump needed to do this. End of story.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Trump gave up on the Virus and Americans. All he had to do was tell the CDC they were responsible for containing the virus and he would supply all necessary support. Instead, he inserted himself into the spotlight. Tried to use daily briefings for his own craving for attention and did his best to discourage any type of national effort. Making States fend for themselves was the dumbest plan ever.

I always thought the USA had sufficient embedded medical response planning to protect citizens. But this example shows how one idiot at the top can completely screw up all emergency plans.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
But this example shows how one idiot at the top can completely screw up all emergency plans.
Unfortunately, the blame lands on many more than just Trump. Previous presidents take it too. So does Congress. So do the various cabinet members in multiple administrations whose job it was to plan ahead. In another post I made the point that we are usually unprepared for whatever. And here we went again. Trump was just one poor manager of a long string of poor managers.

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
Unfortunately, the blame lands on many more than just Trump. Previous presidents take it too. So does Congress. So do the various cabinet members in multiple administrations whose job it was to plan ahead. In another post I made the point that we are usually unprepared for whatever. And here we went again. Trump was just one poor manager of a long string of poor managers.
I agree. However, not much coverage for anybody dropping ball but Trump from the left. Do you really think Fauci had no visibility the the not replenished stock?

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
This behavior drives me nuts, especially at the gym. Almost all of the transgressors are male, usually the old and fat variety, just as often the young and dumb jock variety. Noses sticking out are the most frequent stupidities, though just hanging them from one ear when they think no one is looking is common. The young men I ask to pull their masks up generally do so without complaint, but I did have one old fat guy with huge gut offer to settle things outside at the gym. I chuckled in response, and he wasn't impressed.
I stop going to my membership gym cause of those reasons you just started. Was a mix, Padawan's, youngling's and those who believe they where Jedi Masters. Talked about the issue with the manager, took about a week than a huge Improvement, but some still wouldn't wear one. I stopped going, Some of the Rudest a$$haters to deal with.
One walked Straight up to me with a big cheesy grin on his face. umm about mid 20's told that Youngling, don't come that close to me, he got about a foot from me with a Cheesy smile on his face standing just staring at me. Told him take your best shot as he walked off of course. I stated, young man can hurt a old man, but a old man will kill a young man. He stopped turned around, with his still Cheesy little grin on his face tells me you better go ahead old man. I went nothing but air and opportunity standing between us. About that time the office manager came out wanting to know what was going on told her, young man was trying to test his, Testosterone on the wrong old man. That's when her and I had a little sit down. She put up signs on the doors that day. Stating All members to put a face mask on before Entering.

Last edited:
Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I agree. However, not much coverage for anybody dropping ball but Trump from the left. Do you really think Fauci had no visibility the the not replenished stock?
Fauci oversees research:

Even if he knew he could only advise. The President is one person in the country with the lawful power to act. Everyone else needs to convince the President or Congress. Truman was right about where the buck stops.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Back in Feb it was pretty obvious everyone was wearing masks and hunkered down in China. I went out and got 20 packs of N95 masks from Home Depot. A few weeks latter the CDC says no one should be wearing masks and I knew this was a lie and was going to confuse people.

The entire initial response was ill planned.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
One walked Straight up to me with a big cheesy grin on his face. umm about mid 20's told that Youngling, don't come that close to me, he got about a foot from me with a Cheesy smile on his face standing just staring at me. Told him take your best shot as he walked off of course. I stated, young man can hurt a old man, but a old man will kill a young man. He stopped turned around, with his still Cheesy little grin on his face tells me you better go ahead old man. I went nothing but air and opportunity standing between us.
You are lucky he didn't have the guts to swing at you. He might have done some damage.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis