Under $600 Receiver Advice: Denon vs Onkyo

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I have the denon avr-x1300w. All of a sudden, while listening to the device the volume keeps turning down to 0 regularly. Someone please help!!!!!!!!!!!!
Try a soft reset (unplugging it for a while). If that doesn't do it then a full microprocessor/factory reset per your manual.

D

Digeneral

Audiophyte
Thanks for the advice. Let's see if that works. Yes, my setting is 0-99

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
I have the denon avr-x1300w. All of a sudden, while listening to the device the volume keeps turning down to 0 regularly. Someone please help!!!!!!!!!!!!
Should make your own topic and you will get answers better to your problem and keep other topics clean to read.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
The Denon X3000 series is a $1,000 AVR. So for under $600, you cannot do any better.

I have used the Denon X3000-series AVR to power speakers costing $9K - $15K/pair. Highly recommend it.

Also spend $20 on dual AC Infinity 120mm USB fans to cool the top of any AVR you buy. Have the fans blow upward.

https://www.amazon.com/AC-Infinity-MULTIFAN-Receiver-Playstation/dp/B00JLV4BWC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1518986460&sr=8-1&keywords=ac+infinity+120mm+dual
LOL I clicked on your link and ordered the fan. The gigantic fan showed up the next day and now I have to figure out what to do with it. In the mean time I am going to order the smaller one that I thought I was getting. They made so many models, even the same size ones have different model numbers.

https://www.amazon.ca/AC-Infinity-MULTIFAN-Receiver-Playstation/dp/B00G059G86/ref=sr_1_8/142-9106839-8580960?ie=UTF8&qid=1519247874&sr=8-8&keywords=ac+infinity+fan

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
LOL I clicked on your link and ordered the fan. The gigantic fan showed up the next day and now I have to figure out what to do with it. In the mean time I am going to order the smaller one that I thought I was getting. They made so many models, even the same size ones have different model numbers.

https://www.amazon.ca/AC-Infinity-MULTIFAN-Receiver-Playstation/dp/B00G059G86/ref=sr_1_8/142-9106839-8580960?ie=UTF8&qid=1519247874&sr=8-8&keywords=ac+infinity+fan
I only use the 120mm fans.

The 120mm fans don't fit your setup? Why not? I have 2 of the 120mm fans atop each AVR.

The 80mm fans are too small for me. :D

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I only use the 120mm fans.

The 120mm fans don't fit your setup? Why not? I have 2 of the 120mm fans atop each AVR.

The 80mm fans are too small for me. :D
For my AV8801 there is no enough headroom, for the MM8003 there is headroom for it to lay flat, but I want it to blow from the back so still not enough headroom to stand it up. I just order the 80 mm and will try to use the 120 mm for my Oppo HA-1 that is crazy hot as it is class A. I don't need a lot of CFM because I remove the front doors so the front is wide open.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
For my AV8801 there is no enough headroom, for the MM8003 there is headroom for it to lay flat, but I want it to blow from the back so still not enough headroom to stand it up. I just order the 80 mm and will try to use the 120 mm for my Oppo HA-1 that is crazy hot as it is class A. I don't need a lot of CFM because I remove the front doors so the front is wide open.
I see. So you are mainly blowing air from the back to the front (fans upright).

I am just blowing air upward (fans flat), which is enough to keep my AVRs extremely cool.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis