UN-Official Formula 1 Thread

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
I don't understand how Hamilton/Button is being marked by the British commentators as great F1 drivers. Along comes Vettle and smokes them nearly every race and this guy is a newbie. :rolleyes:
Remember the car makes a big difference. I bet at least 50% of the drivers would have won the DWC in that Red Bull. Button and Hamilton won 6 races combined in a car that's fast, but not as fast. Don't forget Button didn't do squat until Brawn had a superior car.

For me, Alonso should get driver of the year. Vettel, Alonso and Hamilton are all equal at the top.

annunaki

annunaki

I think that Alonso definitely punched well above the car's capabilities this season. He drove as well as he ever has in his career when one considers the car's performance to the rest of the field. If Ferrari can develop a car that can equal or best the Red Bull for 2012 we will be in for an exciting season.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Yeah, best car typically wins. You can swap any of the top 6 drivers and they'll win.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
2012 car launch dates

1 Feb - McLaren (Woking)

3 Feb - Force India (Silverstone)

3 Feb - Ferrari (Maranello)

6 Feb - Sauber F1 Team (Jerez)

6 Feb - Red Bull (Online)

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Wow, did they limit rear down force again? The spoiler looks tiny in that pic! Beautiful car tho! Can't wait to see it live in Austin this year!

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
It's upon us again folks!! Australia this weekend. Any predictions?

Lewis, Vettel, Kimi as the podium. Force India in the top 6. Massa 8th.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
It's upon us again folks!! Australia this weekend. Any predictions?

Lewis, Vettel, Kimi as the podium. Force India in the top 6. Massa 8th.
I guess I'll give watching another shot. Last year was not entertaining for me and the constant rule changing is just foolish...I stopped paying attention.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
YES!! Hamilton and McLaren to the front!! Finally Vettel looks to be struggling. But it was nice to see old Norbert smile when Shuey was sitting in 2nd place with 2 minutes left in Q3. Mercedes seem to have something here. Biggest surprise and biggest disappointment was Lotus, Grosjean quali 3rd and Kimi didn't make it due to a screw up. At least I know they have the pace, so maybe Kimi can do something exciting in the race. 50 bucks says Shuey crashes into someone.

majorloser

majorloser

I thought it was a good race. Unfortuantely it looks a lot like last year where you can gain the lead and just stay out of range for the guys behind to use their DRS to catch up.

We shall see.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I thought it was a good race. Unfortuantely it looks a lot like last year where you can gain the lead and just stay out of range for the guys behind to use their DRS to catch up.

We shall see.
It was ok. KERS and DRS need to go but I've beat that dead horse in the past.:)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis