UN-Official Formula 1 Thread

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Yes, a lot of similarity there. Well, tomorrows race should be interesting given that the Brawns are way back in the grid thanks to penalties and Vettel is on pole.

annunaki

annunaki

Vettel completely controlled the GP start to finish. Button & Barrichello were not able to make much of a step forward in the race.

Suzuka is an amazing circuit too. It is hard to believe that the Fuji circuit ever stepped in place of it.

If things continue like this at the next race... :)

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Wow, if Button wins the championship it will be the most pathetic championship win ever. I mean, seriously, where's the the fight to the end? Where's the heart? It's as if he's content to take 5th and 6th places just to get enough points to scrape by, talk about reversing into a championship, after such a start, it's really pathetic.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Well, Button could wrap it up this weekend. I'm actually rooting for Vettel to pull an upset.

majorloser

majorloser

Wow, Barrichello on pole and Button 14th Vettel 16th!
Thanks!

My DVR cut off recording before qualifying was over. I didn't think they get qualifying over with all the rain.

I'd pretty much say it would take a miracle for Vettel to win at this point.

annunaki

annunaki

Don't worry some how Barrichello will blow this gift and say their is an intra team conspiracy, etc.

He is is an equal car to Button, given an equal chance, and he still trails his teammate and he wonders why he was relegated to #2 status for all those years at Ferrari?

Let's just say Button is no Schumacher either. :D

Anyway, if it is dry tomorrow, look for Vettel to come up through the field rather well. I think they gambled and went with a damp to dry setup. I would look for Vettel to be quick and make up a lot of ground. If one has a quick car and determination one can come from quite far back and finish high.

Look at what happened to Schumi in 2006. Coming from dead last to 4th after cutting a tire on the 1st or 2nd lap.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Ha, my dvr cut off too. But, OMG what a freaking crazy start!! Kimi was almost flame broiled, Trulli tried a ridiculous moved, then t-boned Sutil and got in his face aferwards trying to blame Sutil, and Webber, Jesus, he is THE worst at defending, he just moved over and ran over Kimi's front wing when Kimi tired to pass. God Webber is the worst.

OMG! Button is such a little b$#ch, complaining to pit crew about Kobayashi under braking, lol, please Button is soooo not a worthy winner, I won't even use the word champion to describe him. Kobayashi did a great job.

Last edited:
STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Good race. Congrats to Button. I was rooting for Barrichello but his finnish was typical...

I am very happy for Ross Braun! The man is amazing.:cool:

annunaki

annunaki

Webber is a bit strong in his "Defense of position". Had Kimi not had his wing clipped he was in for a sure podium is my guess. Webber did drive a great race after that.

Trulli should have looked at some film before flipping out on Sutil. That was ridiculous and it only made him look like the moron.

I can't believe Red Bull did not pull the stops with Vettel & go for the 1 stopper. They must not have trusted the option tire for more than 12-15 laps or so.

Someone tell me again why Fisi is in the other Ferrari?? Even Badoer did better at coming in last!

A championship is not won in one race but through a season. Button capitalized early, often & deserves the title. He has done what has been necessary to win it. It is perhaps not a flattering way to win, but he still/will has/have the most points at the end of the season.

I hate to say it about Rubens, but I told you so... :D

majorloser

majorloser

It was a good race. A mixed up race, but good.
JB deserves the drivers trophy.

It was nice to see Massa at the track.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
I guess a championship is a championship, ugly or not:D I guess I was spoiled by the Shuey years. Oh well. Any predictions for the final race? I bet we see Button driving better now.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
So, any thoughts on where Niko and Kimi are going to end up?

annunaki

annunaki

I guess a championship is a championship, ugly or not:D I guess I was spoiled by the Shuey years. Oh well. Any predictions for the final race? I bet we see Button driving better now.
Hard to say.

I think Red Bull should do well to consolidate 2nd for Vettel.

The track is a some what interesting layout.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Yes, the track is an interesting layout, the venue is spectacular too. I say Hamilton, Vettel, Webber.

annunaki

annunaki

I noticed there was still no HD broadcast :(

Hamilton looks to be quick. The Brawns may come into play as well. It will be interesting once qualy plays out. You never know if someone is sandbagging in practice. :D

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Hehehe, I should start betting. Quali results, Hamilton, Vettel, Webber.

majorloser

majorloser

I guess I'm glad the championship was decided before this race. I'm not sure how this track and race will play out. Just seems strange to have a race that runs into the sunset. I'd hate for a close points race to be decided because of strange track conditions.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Aww, Hamilton retired with brake issues. Good race though, I hope Kobayashi gets a ride for toyota next year.

majorloser

majorloser

I'm glad to see McLarceny can still make a car fail when it's needed most. I'll bet Kimi got a kick out of that.

Next year should be interesting to say the least. It will be weird not having refueling strategy being part of the race. And it will also be weird not having BMW around.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis