Ultimate System Guide – Newbie needs purchase advice.

H

HsaDab

Audiophyte
Newbie needs purchase advice - Ultimate System Guide

I like the suggestions given in the Ultimate System Guide for the $3000 system and I think I’m going to buy the components (except maybe a different TV).
http://www.audioholics.com/showcase/systemguide/entry_system.php

Here’s what I need help on: My new house is pre-wired for in-wall rear speakers and I like the flush invisible look that the in-wall give. Are there some in-wall speakers you could suggest that would work well for the rear with the rest of the RBH CT-5.1 Speaker System in front? A buddy suggested the Bose 191 in-wall speakers but from what I’ve read here Bose is probably not the answer. Or would mixing speakers lower my sound quality?

I also have a separate room that’s pre-wired for two in-wall speakers that I can hook up to the system if I want to play music through the house. What are the best “invisible” speakers for this? And would I need a better receiver with more channels than the Yamaha RX-V450 if I wanted to play music on all speakers at the same time?

Thanks for the help,
Brian

Last edited:
JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
Dayton Louadspeaker

Dayton Speakers are a very good set:

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?&DID=7&WebPage_ID=114

You need to go to almost the bottom of the page to get to the in-walls

As far as using a different set of speakers for the rears....you can do it. Remember the rears are for ambient sound; just try to match the specs as close as possible to your main speakers.

Hope that helps some
:D

farscaper

farscaper

Audioholic
There are a lot of options for in-wall speakers. Unfortunately, few sellers allow you to try them before you buy. By far, the best selections are from the online sellers. I agree with JohnA, try to match the specs to your mains, including construction materials. Almost all of the good online home-audio sellers have an assortment of mid range in-wall speakers. Also, you don't need to break-the-bank buying rear speakers, they don't work as hard as your mains. Here are a just a few on-line sellers I looked at for my in-walls:

www.jr.com
www.inwallstore.com
www.soundcity.com
www.crutchfield.com

Cheers,
:)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis