Ukraine – Russia … not more of the last thread

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
You just looked at what I wrote, rather than reading. I never wrote anything like that.
So you're in support of US military aid to Ukraine at least the same level as today? So, when you write "That's what concerns me, not helping other countries." (along with the rest of your post) it does not exactly sounds like that to me. Thus my question in the post you replied to but did not answer.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I know the smaller countries have a hard time sending large amounts of military and financial aid, but most European countries take care of their people better than the US- Congress is so tied up trying to make themselves look like they're doing great things, but this country has major problems that aren't being handled well- food insecurity, housing, education, mental health and public safety. If the education system and mental health were dealt with in a more substantial and effective way, the others would improve greatly. If Congress would put money where it's needed, rather than shoveling it to their pet projects, this country would be in much better condition. That's what concerns me, not helping other countries.

The US national debt has skyrocketed to more than $31 TRILLION dollars. It's supposed to be limited to a certain percentage of GDP and it's well beyond that- the rampant spending without Congress trying to operate with something remotely close to a balanced budget is what I was referring to. Still, the fact that the US is spending more than $68B has to count, especially since there's such a thin line between the US and Russia WRT what constitutes an act of war and what doesn't. Listen to and read Putin's comments- he usually says that anything coming from outside of Ukraine and the actions of Ukraine are acts of aggression- who invaded whom, anyway?

It will be good when Putin is gone, but it's hard to know how that will happen and who will suffer as he goes, WRT the additional carnage he will cause.
As a percentage of GDP, US national debt isn't particularly large.
List of countries by external debt - Wikipedia

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
So you're in support of US military aid to Ukraine at least the same level as today? So, when you write "That's what concerns me, not helping other countries." (along with the rest of your post) it does not exactly sounds like that to me. Thus my question in the post you replied to but did not answer.
Here- let me re-write it. "Helping other countries doesn't concern me (meaning that I have no problem with it).....

I guess using 'concern' is where the problem arose- that word has several definitions that include "To cause anxiety or uneasiness in", which is the way I meant to use it.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
31 TRILLION dollars isn't particularly huge? It's not just external debt and even if it was, your link shows that the US external debt is $24 Trillion and the World Bank link shows that the US GDP is $23 Trillion.
Again - as a percentage of GDP. I know it looks like a huge number, but it's all relative.

Let's look at it from a different perspective. List of countries by public debt - Wikipedia

Net government debt as a percentage of GDP:
Let's see...Sweden....8.5%....Canada...31.6%....getting up there, but not outrageous....USA..............99.6%.
OK, forget I said anything. :oops: :D

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Again - as a percentage of GDP. I know it looks like a huge number, but it's all relative.
LOL, I can't 'relate' to any of it !! and on top of that credit card debt is at an all time high as well, so I'm told. The percentage of fiscally responsible individuals is shrinking every day in the country........ :(

highfigh

highfigh

Let's look at it from a different perspective. List of countries by public debt - Wikipedia

Net government debt as a percentage of GDP:
Let's see...Sweden....8.5%....Canada...31.6%....getting up there, but not outrageous....USA..............99.6%.
OK, forget I said anything. :oops: :D
They're spending like drunken sailors on their first shore leave in ten years but Great Britain and some others look more broker. :)

One of my customers asked if I had bought lottery tickets and I told him about someone I had met who won a lot, even after taxes. My customer said he didn't know if he wanted to have that much money and while he's very well off, he's not 'lottery rich'. I said that if someone can't have a good time with ten million dollars, they're not doing it right. Even a million is enough to have a nice life if a good chunk is invested wisely but Congress doesn't care if the budget is balanced because as citizens, it doesn't impact them. Biden has said we don't have a problem with inflation, but he's truly out of touch with life outside of his world and his life in the Federal government, which ISN'T the way it was supposed to be- term limits should have been written into law decades ago, but they won't do it because it would limit their own time sucking on the government teat.

highfigh

highfigh

Now if only the Kremlin could be 'ablaze' !! :cool:
After the most recent launches, it would appear that the Kremlin is definitely within range- to be honest, I would like to see the architecture saved and just the idiots taken out.

highfigh

highfigh

LOL, I can't 'relate' to any of it !! and on top of that credit card debt is at an all time high as well, so I'm told. The percentage of fiscally responsible individuals is shrinking every day in the country........ :(
Ever see the debt consolidation commercial with a happy couple saying "We paid off our credit cards and bought a boat!" as the camera zooms out? Yeah, cards loaded to the hilt and they need a boat. BOAT= Break Out Another Thousand and 'A hole in the water you throw money into'.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
The battle for Bakhmut has been going on for months, but it looks like the Russians might be making incremental gains. Many on both sides have been killed. It really does look like hell on earth there.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Here's a recent twitter thread discussing the evolution of Russian military tactics in Bakhmut.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
This is annoying. Basically, large numbers of computer chips and other goods are still flowing into Russia despite the sanctions.

Perhaps the U.S. should start sending them faulty chips.

>>>In March this year, a new firm appeared in Turkey’s corporate registry. Azu International Ltd Sti described itself as a wholesale trader of IT products, and a week later began shipping U.S. computer parts to Russia.

Business was brisk, Russian customs records show. The United States and the EU had recently restricted sales of sensitive technology to Russia because of its Feb. 24 invasion of Ukraine, and many Western tech companies had suspended all dealings with Moscow. . . .

Azu International is an example of how supply channels to Russia have remained open despite Western export restrictions and manufacturer bans. At least $2.6 billion of computer and other electronic components flowed into Russia in the seven months to Oct. 31, Russian customs records show. At least $777 million of these products were made by Western firms whose chips have been found in Russian weapons systems: America’s Intel Corp, Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD), Texas Instruments Inc and Analog Devices Inc., and Germany’s Infineon AG.<<<

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis