Ukraine – Russia … not more of the last thread

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Why are we talking about this in a thread about Ukraine?

Back on topic please everyone.
I linked to the article because what was said during the NATO meeting while recalling the Trump presidency. US standing in NATO has not quite recovered from those horrid years.

We’re very lucky that Trump lost the election but his malign presence and influence is very much present in current US politics, and the specter of a new Trump presidency haunts the rest of NATO. Ukraine has a very real reason for worry.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
❗ Five more body fragments were found at the site of the shopping center in Kremenchuk destroyed by Russia

In total, rescuers recovered 22 body fragments from the debris, some of them will be identified using DNA.

36 people remain missing, 18 people were killed, and about 60 people were injured.

The work continues! Rescuers, volunteers and other workers have cleared 80% of the area.

Recall that on June 27, in the middle of the day, the Russian military fired missiles at a shopping mall in Kremenchuk, Poltava region. The launches were carried out by bombers from the Kursk region of Russia.

source: https://t.me/ukrainenowenglish/12196
Bellingcat compared Russia's statements about the attack with facts that can be verified using publicly available information.

Here's the short version of the report: The Russian government is full of sh*t.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
0ED21AC5-0EB1-4D4D-AE0B-1695E4E8E851.jpeg

Prime Minister of Norway Jonas Gahr Støre visited Ukraine, where he visited the cities destroyed by Russia and promised to provide 10 billion kroner (almost 1 billion euros) in aid

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
EDIT; @Trell Apologies about the very bad comparison, updated now!
I am crazed by these things the ruzzian military does ... like torturing children :mad:

Last edited:
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
There were consistent stories from Bucha and Irpin in the Telegram Channel Ukraine NOW about interrogation methods.
Parents would be violently interrogated by ruzzian forces, if they did not get the answers they were looking for there were some stories of ruzzian and chechen forces turning to the children, torturing the children in the belief that they would essentially catch the parents lying to them....

It is quite a while ago and there are thousands upon thousands of messages so I cannot easily locate these posts, I will try to find the sources....

Last edited:
M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Putin now says Russia is just getting started in Ukraine.

>>>LONDON, July 7 (Reuters) - President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday that Russia had barely got started in Ukraine and dared the West to try to defeat it on the battlefield, while insisting that Moscow was still open to the idea of peace talks.<<<

The statement that Russia had barely got started in Ukraine may be true in one sense. This parody video comes to mind:

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
There have been numerous reports (mostly unconfirmed) that the HIMARS have been quite effective in terms of hitting Russian supply dumps and so on well back from the front lines. It's not entirely clear how accurate these reports are, but there appears to be at least some truth to it.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Ukraine may have started to target Russian air defenses with HIMARS as well:

>>>Russia's RIA Novosti was told by an LNR official that Ukraine inflicted a massive strike on the air defense unit that covers Luhansk. Might be a sign that Ukraine is now shifting HIMARS strikes towards Russian air defenses. <<<

This is unconfirmed, but the HIMARS strikes on Russian command posts also appear to be effective:

>>>Russian military unit's commanders reported killed after HIMARS strike on occupied Shakhtarsk<<<

Rob Lee seems to be quite reliable, but I'm not so sure about The New Voice of Ukraine.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
This article on the NYT website (1st link below) is not exactly cheerful. Ukraine has said it planning a million-strong army in order to mount a major counterattack (2nd link below), but it's hard to see how this is going to happen any time soon given the logistics of getting new military harware and training a million people.

>>>The nearly five-month war is at a critical moment, U.S. officials and others familiar with the intelligence assessments say. As many as 100 to 200 Ukrainian soldiers have died every day since Russia shifted its military campaign in the spring to focus on eastern Ukraine. But overall, about 20,000 Russians have been killed. Injuries have taken about 60,000 more off the battlefield. Nearly a third of Russia’s equipment has been destroyed in the war, according to Western officials, including several who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive information. . . .

One sign of Mr. Putin’s current approach, according to people briefed on the assessments of the campaign, is that the Kremlin is no longer pressing for quick battlefield gains as it did in the early push to seize Kyiv, Ukraine’s capital. Mr. Putin has reshuffled his top battlefield commanders in Ukraine once again in recent weeks, and American officials say the Russians have switched to slow, grinding tactics that the Kremlin appears content to let play out. . . .

American intelligence agencies have struggled to assess how quickly Ukrainian forces can absorb and employ sophisticated U.S. equipment. The HIMARS — for High Mobility Artillery Rocket System — are the centerpiece of a raft of new Western long-range weapons that the Ukrainian military is switching over to as its arsenal of Soviet-era howitzer and rocket ammunition dwindles. . . .

The White House said on Friday that it would send four more HIMARS from Pentagon stocks, joining the eight already on the ground in Ukraine with their American-trained crews of about 100 Ukrainian soldiers. Administration officials privately indicate that more will be sent. . . . Ukrainian officials, however, say they need as many as 300 multiple-rocket launchers to combat Russia, and some former Pentagon officials say at least 60 to 100 of the launchers are needed to disrupt the Russian offensive.<<<

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Vinnytsia today, this is what ruzzia does to civilian areas, there are no military targets in Vinnytsia

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Stay away from Chinese apps, and yes, Trump was right to pressure EU to cut out China from 5G networks whatever his "reasons".

Yes, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Who needs enemies when you've friends like this?

>>>
House Republicans gave Ukraine-born Rep. Victoria Spartz a coveted platform to speak out against Russia’s war. They’re coming to regret that.

Spartz (R-Ind.), who has traveled to Ukraine a half-dozen times since the war began and spoken passionately about the conflict, shocked lawmakers in both parties recently with her intense criticisms of the country’s president, Volodymyr Zelenskyy, and his confidants. She drew a rare rebuke last weekend from the Ukrainian Foreign Ministry, which accused her of “trying to earn extra political capital on baseless speculation.”
Inside the House GOP Conference, there’s a widespread fear that her posture is damaging U.S.-Ukraine relations at the worst possible time — and that she’s being played by forces that aim to weaken the Western alliance. GOP national-security hawks also worry that the MAGA wing of their party, where there’s already resistance to supporting Ukraine, will point to Spartz’s comments as justification.

They’re concerned that Spartz’s public break from Zelenskyy — and her corruption accusations about his closest aides — could portend future cracks in U.S. support for Ukraine, especially as the midterm elections approach.
<<<

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Who needs enemies when you've friends like this?

>>>
House Republicans gave Ukraine-born Rep. Victoria Spartz a coveted platform to speak out against Russia’s war. They’re coming to regret that.

Spartz (R-Ind.), who has traveled to Ukraine a half-dozen times since the war began and spoken passionately about the conflict, shocked lawmakers in both parties recently with her intense criticisms of the country’s president, Volodymyr Zelenskyy, and his confidants. She drew a rare rebuke last weekend from the Ukrainian Foreign Ministry, which accused her of “trying to earn extra political capital on baseless speculation.”
Inside the House GOP Conference, there’s a widespread fear that her posture is damaging U.S.-Ukraine relations at the worst possible time — and that she’s being played by forces that aim to weaken the Western alliance. GOP national-security hawks also worry that the MAGA wing of their party, where there’s already resistance to supporting Ukraine, will point to Spartz’s comments as justification.

They’re concerned that Spartz’s public break from Zelenskyy — and her corruption accusations about his closest aides — could portend future cracks in U.S. support for Ukraine, especially as the midterm elections approach.
<<<

I think this sums it up:

>>>Asked for comment on Spartz’s remarks, one senior House Republican who was granted anonymity for the same reason offered a blunt reply: “What the f*ck.”<<<

Another question: Who needs an *sshole when you've got friends like this?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I think this sums it up:

>>>Asked for comment on Spartz’s remarks, one senior House Republican who was granted anonymity for the same reason offered a blunt reply: “What the f*ck.”<<<

Another question: Who needs an *sshole when you've got friends like this?
Yeah, but what will the Republicans do with her? Not much, I think, but perhaps more than if Trump would still be in power. Remember the Moscow Mitch moniker at one time along with calling McConnell a Russian asset? Not exactly without cause, I'd say. And then there is the "Freedom Caucus" which at the same time thought "Quisling Caucus" would be a more descriptive epithet.

To be honest, I'm surprised that the Republicans in Congress have supported Ukraine as much as they've done when Trump still has such an enormous influence on GOP as well as the Republican base.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
It looks like the U.S. is sending MLRS M270s to Ukraine (disclaimer: Have not verified this from other sources). The MLRS M270 is basically a tracked (heavier and slower) version of HIMARS with twice the missile capacity.

Here's a Newsweek article claiming that the HIMARS Ukraine has are already making a big difference:

Disclaimer: Although the Newsweek article is consistent with other reports I've see, it doesn't appear to be rigorously sourced.

I keep seeing reports (e.g. tweets below) that the U.S. is supplying the longer range ATCM missiles for use in the HIMARS and MLRS 270. I doubt that this is true because the U.S. is uneasy about giving Ukraine longer range missiles that could hit deep in Russia (I'm not sure if this is because the U.S. doesn't trust Ukraine, or if the U.S. is concerned about the reaction of Russia from just supplying the missiles, or some combination of both).

So far, every report I've seen of ATCMs being supplied to Ukraine can't be verified.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, but what will the Republicans do with her?
My suggestion is to ship her to Ukraine and launch her at a Russian ammo dump from a HIMARS.

At least she'd be of some use to someone.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Here's some good news. Russia apparently shot down one of it's own SU-34 jets in Ukraine:

The Newsweek article is not especially well-sourced, but it certainly looks like it was a Russian jet based on various OSINT sources on twitter

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Here's some good news. Russia apparently shot down one of it's own SU-34 jets in Ukraine:

The Newsweek article is not especially well-sourced, but it certainly looks like it was a Russian jet based on various OSINT sources on twitter

Sukhoi Su-34 - Wikipedia
On 28 February 2022, footage emerged reportedly showing Su-34s overflying the Kharkiv region of Ukraine.[88] On 1 March 2022, one Su-34, tail number Red-31 with registration number RF-81251 was shot down near Kyiv.[89] belonging to the 3rd Combat Regiment of the Russian Air Force.[90]

On 5 March another Su-34, tail number Red 24, registration number RF-81879 was shot down by Ukrainian forces near Chernihiv at 11:30. Both pilots ejected. Ukrainian forces captured the pilot; the co-pilot died.[91][92][93] Another one was lost the same day near Vyhovtsi, Khmelnytskyi Oblast. One of the pilots died.[94] On 6 March, a Su-34 was shot down by Ukrainian air defenses near Kharkiv, one of the pilots was captured.[95] The wreck of the aircraft showed the registration number RF-95070.[96]

On 14 March, images of the remains of Russian jet fighter are reported near Chernihiv, later the craft was identified as the remains of a Su-34 Red 35 of registration number RF-95010.[97][98]

On 25 April a Russian Su-34 was recorded in video in a flat spin and crashing into the ground in Kharkiv, Ukraine. Both pilots ejected successfully.[99][100] The next day another Su-34 bomber, registration number RF-95858 - Red 43, was shot down by Ukrainian forces near Zaporizhzhia.[101]

On 18 July, a Su-34 was downed near Alchevsk in Luhansk region. Ukrainian media claimed it has been shot down by Russian air defense.[102] The Dutch Aviation Society identified the aircraft as a Su-34M, a modernized variant which was only delivered to the Russian Air Force less than a month ago.[103]
If I my addition correct - and the Wikipedia page is accurate - that would be the 8th SU-34 lost in Ukraine so far.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis