Ukraine – Russia … not more of the last thread

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Good news!

>>Turkey lifts its veto against Sweden and Finland in NATO, confirms [Swedish Prime Minister] Magdalena Andersson's State Secretary for SvD.<<

Edit: English article about the good news:

Below is a Google translate of the Swedish article in a mainstream news paper:

Original article in Swedish:

Last edited:
M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Good news!

>>Turkey lifts its veto against Sweden and Finland in NATO, confirms [Swedish Prime Minister] Magdalena Andersson's State Secretary for SvD.<<

Edit: English article about the good news:

Below is a Google translate of the Swedish article in a mainstream news paper:

Original article in Swedish:

That is good news. Despite reading many articles on the topic, I never really understood why Turkey was flat-out vetoing Sweden and Finland. My general impression is that Turkey was not 100% serious about the veto, but rather used it as a tool to bring awareness to their, shall we say, "concerns."

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Here's a twitter string about an alleged HIMARS strike by Ukraine in Russian held territory in Ukraine. This geolocation confirmation appears to be quite solid, so I tend to think these reports are true. On the other hand, I have no good way to independently verify the information, so it's "alleged" in my book for now.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I ran across this article the other day. It's been widely reported that Ukraine is running low on ammunition.

What I didn't know is that Russia has been sabotaging Ukraine's ammunition storage facilities for years, and is now threatening arms dealers who attempt to buy ammunition for Ukraine. This was apparently a major effort by the Russians.

It will be somewhat ironic if Ukraine prevails and ends up replacing it's old soviet-era weapons with a fresh supply of more advanced NATO-compatible weapons as a result of the war (this change appears to happening already to some degree).

>>>Most of Ukraine’s artillery pieces date back to the Soviet Union, meaning they rely on the same 122mm- and 152mm-caliber rounds that Russia uses. But outside of Russia, very little supply exists — in large part because Russia spent years targeting Ukrainian and other Eastern European ammunition storage facilities and suppliers before launching its full-scale invasion of Ukraine in late February. Russia has also taken other steps to acquire the ammunition or otherwise prevent its sale to Ukraine. . . .

A sort of shadow war is taking place for what few 152mm shells are available on the global market. A U.S. citizen helping to broker weapons transfers to Ukraine said he recently approached an Eastern European country to negotiate a purchase of artillery rounds. Officials in that country said they couldn’t make a deal, the man said, because the Russians had already warned that they would “kill them if they sold anything to the Ukrainians.” . . .

In 2014, after Russia first invaded Ukraine and fueled a separatist war in the country’s east, members of the elite Russian military intelligence unit 29155 sabotaged ammunition stored at depots in the Czech Republic, according to Czech authorities.

The following year, according to Bellingcat, a Britain-based investigative organization, members of the same unit used a nerve agent to poison a Bulgarian weapons executive, who told the New York Times he had been storing ammunition at the Czech facilities and had sold arms to Ukraine. . . .

Russian saboteurs are also suspected of causing four explosions at Bulgarian arms depots from 2011 to 2020, according to Bulgarian prosecutors, who have said Moscow was aiming to disrupt supplies to Ukraine and Georgia.

Russia’s military intelligence agency, the GRU, “appears to have had a campaign across Europe to try to suppress the supply of munitions to Ukraine,” said Michael Kofman, a Russian military analyst at Virginia-based CNA. “They were likely doing it with foresight.”

Ukrainian officials suspect Russian and separatist saboteurs extended the effort inside Ukraine in recent years, leading to a series of explosions at ammunition storage facilities.
Blasts in 2017 at two big Ukrainian depots, which together had stored 221 metric tons of ammunition, dealt a massive setback to Ukrainian forces, sapping them of critical supplies that would be difficult and expensive to replace.<<<

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Somewhat overshadowed by other events yesterday was the news that Turkey has removed its objections to Sweden and Finland becoming NATO members. Today, NATO formally invited them to join.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
A Wisconsin ammunition manufacturer was donating a couple of million rounds of rifle ammo- haven't heard if it made it there, but the US government wasn't in favor of it. I guess it would be stealing their thunder, pardon the pun.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I’m not sure where to post this as I don’t want to derail this thread.

The US Supreme Court decision to overturn abortion rights do have a real impact abroad.

>>>When foreign ministers from 30 NATO nations met for dinner this week on the sidelines of the military alliance’s annual summit here, their discussions took an unexpected turn to the U.S. Supreme Court.

At least four diplomats in the room aired concerns with the Court’s decision last week overturning Roe v. Wade and striking down the constitutional right to abortion, according to one of the only two Americans in attendance. …<<<

highfigh

highfigh

I’m not sure where to post this as I don’t want to derail this thread.

The US Supreme Court decision to overturn abortion rights do have a real impact abroad.

>>>When foreign ministers from 30 NATO nations met for dinner this week on the sidelines of the military alliance’s annual summit here, their discussions took an unexpected turn to the U.S. Supreme Court.

At least four diplomats in the room aired concerns with the Court’s decision last week overturning Roe v. Wade and striking down the constitutional right to abortion, according to one of the only two Americans in attendance. …<<<
It's not a Constitutional right- it was never mentioned in any part of it, nor does the US have an amendment- it was allowed by a Supreme Court ruling about 50 years ago. It didn't allow abortion, it was a 14th Amendment issue, where the person has the right to privacy in this regard.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
It's not a Constitutional right- it was never mentioned in any part of it, nor does the US have an amendment- it was allowed by a Supreme Court ruling about 50 years ago.
I think that you should read the article I linked too, or again.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It's not a Constitutional right- it was never mentioned in any part of it, nor does the US have an amendment- it was allowed by a Supreme Court ruling about 50 years ago. It didn't allow abortion, it was a 14th Amendment issue, where the person has the right to privacy in this regard.

Then again to rational folk it shouldn't need to be spelled out in an outdated political document....

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
2022-07-01 08.14.58.jpg

The Ukrainian authorities have a realistic plan capable of changing the course of the war this year, — Boris Johnson said in Madrid

"I went to Ukraine before these series of summits began, precisely to see what is the vision of Zelensky and the Ukrainian authorities. And they do see a way to change the dynamics of the war this year, even in the coming months. And that’s why it is important to help you as much as we can so that Ukraine holds on", the British Prime Minister said.

Source: https://t.me/ukrainenowenglish/12177

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
2022-07-01 08.17.04.jpg

⚡ Secretary General of NATO Jens Stoltenberg said that the Alliance would help Ukraine switch to Western-style weapons. It is possible that we will also be provided with new tanks

"NATO now has a task to help Ukraine with the transition to modern NATO-type weapons. And, of course, we do not have a list of equipment that we exclude from it," Stoltenberg said at the summit in Madrid.

source: https://t.me/ukrainenowenglish/12184

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
2022-07-01 08.20.26.jpg

❗ Five more body fragments were found at the site of the shopping center in Kremenchuk destroyed by Russia

In total, rescuers recovered 22 body fragments from the debris, some of them will be identified using DNA.

36 people remain missing, 18 people were killed, and about 60 people were injured.

The work continues! Rescuers, volunteers and other workers have cleared 80% of the area.

Recall that on June 27, in the middle of the day, the Russian military fired missiles at a shopping mall in Kremenchuk, Poltava region. The launches were carried out by bombers from the Kursk region of Russia.

photo_2022-07-01 08.22.04.jpeg

photo_2022-07-01 08.22.11.jpeg

photo_2022-07-01 08.21.55.jpeg

source: https://t.me/ukrainenowenglish/12196

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
View attachment 56701

❗ Five more body fragments were found at the site of the shopping center in Kremenchuk destroyed by Russia

In total, rescuers recovered 22 body fragments from the debris, some of them will be identified using DNA.

36 people remain missing, 18 people were killed, and about 60 people were injured.

The work continues! Rescuers, volunteers and other workers have cleared 80% of the area.

Recall that on June 27, in the middle of the day, the Russian military fired missiles at a shopping mall in Kremenchuk, Poltava region. The launches were carried out by bombers from the Kursk region of Russia.

View attachment 56700

View attachment 56702

View attachment 56703

source: https://t.me/ukrainenowenglish/12196
The Russian government should be considered and treated as a terrorist organization by all civilized peoples.

highfigh

highfigh

Then again to rational folk it shouldn't need to be spelled out in an outdated political document....
This isn't about being rational, it's about people and what they believe.

Anyone who is in favor of abortion needs to thank their mother for not aborting them.

Do you really want the Constitution to be re-written? Of course you do, but only if your party gets to do it. That's not how it works. The first ten rights were were written in that order because those are the most important. If we lose them, we're screwed, as a nation.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
This isn't about being rational, it's about people and what they believe.

Anyone who is in favor of abortion needs to thank their mother for not aborting them.

Do you really want the Constitution to be re-written? Of course you do, but only if your party gets to do it. That's not how it works. The first ten rights were were written in that order because those are the most important. If we lose them, we're screwed, as a nation.
Why are we talking about this in a thread about Ukraine?

Back on topic please everyone.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis