two rec. linked together for additional speaker hook up

R

redd454

Audioholic
hi,back again, this time wanting to patch my rx-v2o95 to a simular yamaha rec ect. ouput from rx-v2095 to input on next rec.? not really looking to increase power of first rec. just patch same audio signal through, so i can hook up speaker's to second rec. and replay same audio produced,same time from rx-v2095, i could then use remote on second rec. for additional speakers, could i use record out to aux or pre in? how could i do this, i know it is poss. had a guy on here explain all the ways i could do it, unfortunatly i did not print his instructions and diagram, i have hooked an osd top of the line zone box, was disapointed with volume,so i have tryed to hook to rear speaker out, i cannot seem to activate that amp. wich also is 100x100, as is main, athough rec. is old, it has been used little, infact i have two, in the day they were 1200 apeice, some one must know how i can patch two rec together by outputs and inputs, cant use pre outs on rx-v2095 ,in use to yamaha eq-500, i may some how may be able to pass audio through it, the manual is complicated to an old schoul tube guy, this thing does so much, on screen settings affect each other, guys this old boy just wants to use another rec. like a powered zone box, i realize this unit has zone two, for other rooms, i wish to stay all speakers in this room, in stereo sound, no surround or effect, comming of main channel of next rec. both being av's hope this has not confused the issue, sometimes i do go one,attempting to make my point clear, i will hold off experimenting till here back, thanks for veiwing and considering, tis site has always helped in the past with other projects

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Use the Record Out from the one with the sources connected to it and connect that to any input on the second receiver, except Phono (if it has a Phono preamp) or Pre-In. You don't want to use Pre-In because the level from Rec Out can't be controlled and iof it has a Phono preamp, it will overdrive and sound like crap. If the first AVR has Pre-Out (it does- I looked), you can use Y cords- you'll need Y cords with one female jack and two male plugs, then a stereo audio cable of appropriate length. This will send the un-equalized signal to the second AVR. You may be able to use the Equalizer's Rec Out to send the signal to the second AVR, too. That would negate the need for Y cords.

R

redd454

Audioholic
Use the Record Out from the one with the sources connected to it and connect that to any input on the second receiver, except Phono (if it has a Phono preamp) or Pre-In. You don't want to use Pre-In because the level from Rec Out can't be controlled and iof it has a Phono preamp, it will overdrive and sound like crap. If the first AVR has Pre-Out (it does- I looked), you can use Y cords- you'll need Y cords with one female jack and two male plugs, then a stereo audio cable of appropriate length. This will send the un-equalized signal to the second AVR. You may be able to use the Equalizer's Rec Out to send the signal to the second AVR, too. That would negate the need for Y cords.

R

redd454

Audioholic
thank you,for your very easy to understand explanation, proceeding per your advice

R

redd454

Audioholic
note; when using rec. out, i hope i don't need to move front panel selector, for it is set to remote, and i wish to pass the signal undesturbed, nor change selector, i could change selector on second rec, to the tape or any input,other than phono, for same signal, same time playback correct? the eq manual also shows a way to intergrate eq. into a second rec.says to take pre out from rx-v2095 to eq-500 in, then eq line out into main in on second rec. i don't know if tis just allows you to use same eq.. for both, or if it will also pass entire signal?

highfigh

highfigh

note; when using rec. out, i hope i don't need to move front panel selector, for it is set to remote, and i wish to pass the signal undesturbed, nor change selector, i could change selector on second rec, to the tape or any input,other than phono, for same signal, same time playback correct? the eq manual also shows a way to intergrate eq. into a second rec.says to take pre out from rx-v2095 to eq-500 in, then eq line out into main in on second rec. i don't know if tis just allows you to use same eq.. for both, or if it will also pass entire signal?
The Rec out selector on the main AVR may have a 'Source' position- that will send the signal from whatever you're listening to, rather than allowing you to record something else. Look for 'Source' and you should be fine. If you change that to something other than Source or the exact input you're using on the second AVR, the sound will stop going to the additional speakers.

R

redd454

Audioholic
The Rec out selector on the main AVR may have a 'Source' position- that will send the signal from whatever you're listening to, rather than allowing you to record something else. Look for 'Source' and you should be fine. If you change that to something other than Source or the exact input you're using on the second AVR, the sound will stop going to the additional speakers.

R

redd454

Audioholic
ok, so on rx-v2095 my source is always set to remote, as i control everything from there, on second rec. i can run to any input other than phono or pre amp, then set the source selector on remote or front panel, to that chosen source, such as tape or aux ect. as long as sourse stays in chosen position, speakers play, correct?

highfigh

highfigh

ok, so on rx-v2095 my source is always set to remote, as i control everything from there, on second rec. i can run to any input other than phono or pre amp, then set the source selector on remote or front panel, to that chosen source, such as tape or aux ect. as long as sourse stays in chosen position, speakers play, correct?
Yes- remember to start with the volume control at minimum and use it when you need to. If you have two remotes, look in the manual for Remote ID 1 and ID 2- this would let you adjust the level with the remotes, but you'll need to mark which remote controls each AVR. If you're using a universal remote, it's very easy- just use the universal remote's volume and mute buttons for the Main AVR and create a set of buttons for the second AVR.

R

redd454

Audioholic
Yes- remember to start with the volume control at minimum and use it when you need to. If you have two remotes, look in the manual for Remote ID 1 and ID 2- this would let you adjust the level with the remotes, but you'll need to mark which remote controls each AVR. If you're using a universal remote, it's very easy- just use the universal remote's volume and mute buttons for the Main AVR and create a set of buttons for the second AVR.

R

redd454

Audioholic
thanks, each remote is same as receiver brand, i cannot use my second rx-v2o95 as both remotes interfere with one another, i would like to but say la vee, anyways, one last question my freind, how many receivers can i patch in this way? as i acually have 8, could i patch 3-4 in the same way, rec. out totape in on next or aux in, do not have an unmarked source setting on them, only direct tape,aux ect. selector, also have 3-4 eq's laying around, like the enhanced db and fine tunig of eq's, however not sure if adding an eq per rec. is wise, but i do not like unequlized music, just like all that control, it shouldn't matter if all eq's set primarily the same right? unless one wished more bass ect. out of additional spk's, as far as rec. i have harman cardon's several yamaha's big sony sherwood 500, ect. so i'm at no shortage of good avr's, many more, god i need to down size,lot's of vintage also, well thank's again for your continuing to narrow down any mistakes i may make, i'm 64 and try to be sure i'm not forgetting lol, talk later

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

A curious question. You have 4 posts with quotes but no response in them; you are responding in a new post. :(

R

redd454

Audioholic
i have been responded to, on all but one, the last post inquireing about patching more than one rec. to main rec. in same way previous reply's explained, so yes, a fellow has been replying to those posts

highfigh

highfigh

thanks, each remote is same as receiver brand, i cannot use my second rx-v2o95 as both remotes interfere with one another, i would like to but say la vee, anyways, one last question my freind, how many receivers can i patch in this way? as i acually have 8, could i patch 3-4 in the same way, rec. out totape in on next or aux in, do not have an unmarked source setting on them, only direct tape,aux ect. selector, also have 3-4 eq's laying around, like the enhanced db and fine tunig of eq's, however not sure if adding an eq per rec. is wise, but i do not like unequlized music, just like all that control, it shouldn't matter if all eq's set primarily the same right? unless one wished more bass ect. out of additional spk's, as far as rec. i have harman cardon's several yamaha's big sony sherwood 500, ect. so i'm at no shortage of good avr's, many more, god i need to down size,lot's of vintage also, well thank's again for your continuing to narrow down any mistakes i may make, i'm 64 and try to be sure i'm not forgetting lol, talk later
Look deeper in the manual- Yamaha has used two remote IDs for a long time, specifically to prevent problems when using two of them in the same system. I can't think of any other manufacturer who thought of this, or added it later. Unfortunately, all of the manuals I have found for this model were in German, so I can't help much with that.
Each equalizer should be set for the room and speakers being used. There's no 'One size fits all' when it comes to sound.

You can use as many AVRs as you want, as long as the electrical circuit can handle them and you don't connect too many to each Rec Out. If you want independent control over each pair or group of speakers, connect them to their own AVR and get a universal remote that has assignable IR ports- that way, you can have one set of codes, assigned to the appropriate buttons and ports, named for the zones they control. URC is one company that has products which can do this.

BTW- it's better to use the Rec Out for the equalizers downstream of the first one because equalizers are designed to have fixed level input, varying only with the signal. Since the Rec Out/Tape Play loop isn't designed the same as it was in the old days, you can't always just flip a switch and pass the signal through the equalizer, but it's worth trying- set the Rec Out to Source, then press Tape 1. If it works, great- if not, you can go back to using Pre Out->Power Amp in.

R

redd454

Audioholic
Look deeper in the manual- Yamaha has used two remote IDs for a long time, specifically to prevent problems when using two of them in the same system. I can't think of any other manufacturer who thought of this, or added it later. Unfortunately, all of the manuals I have found for this model were in German, so I can't help much with that.

Each equalizer should be set for the room and speakers being used. There's no 'One size fits all' when it comes to sound.

You can use as many AVRs as you want, as long as the electrical circuit can handle them and you don't connect too many to each Rec Out. If you want independent control over each pair or group of speakers, connect them to their own AVR and get a universal remote that has assignable IR ports- that way, you can have one set of codes, assigned to the appropriate buttons and ports, named for the zones they control. URC is one company that has products which can do this.

BTW- it's better to use the Rec Out for the equalizers downstream of the first one because equalizers are designed to have fixed level input, varying only with the signal. Since the Rec Out/Tape Play loop isn't designed the same as it was in the old days, you can't always just flip a switch and pass the signal through the equalizer, but it's worth trying- set the Rec Out to Source, then press Tape 1. If it works, great- if not, you can go back to using Pre Out->Power Amp in.
if i use rem. out, on each rec., then pre out pre in to each eq. would that be ok? as the pre out/in to eq's boost's db ect' the control, would be indavidual per speaker pair,om pre in/out of coinsiding rec. correct? and if rec. out is used to much signal would degrade, without a matcher/booster inline

R

redd454

Audioholic
yes you are correct, this manual is great, i have two rx-v2095 all remotes like new, yes i a'm aware of zone two capabilities, but somewhere i read in there, it only works correctl in other rooms, i want all rec. and speakers and control in one room, the only way i know to get full wattage to each pair, is one rec. per pair useing a(main) speaker outlets, without surround or effect at all do i desire

highfigh

highfigh

if i use rem. out, on each rec., then pre out pre in to each eq. would that be ok? as the pre out/in to eq's boost's db ect' the control, would be indavidual per speaker pair,om pre in/out of coinsiding rec. correct? and if rec. out is used to much signal would degrade, without a matcher/booster inline
Rec Out circuits are buffered, so you can connect a couple of devices but it's not made to drive more than that. Sometimes, only one can be connected. I did an installation with an old Nakamichi receiver and as soon as I connect more than two cables to the output jacks, and that's ANY jacks, I have a lot of noise. If you hear that, look for an ART Audio Head Amp- it can drive four outputs and if the level drops, you can compensate for it.

R

redd454

Audioholic
Rec Out circuits are buffered, so you can connect a couple of devices but it's not made to drive more than that. Sometimes, only one can be connected. I did an installation with an old Nakamichi receiver and as soon as I connect more than two cables to the output jacks, and that's ANY jacks, I have a lot of noise. If you hear that, look for an ART Audio Head Amp- it can drive four outputs and if the level drops, you can compensate for it.
thanks i'll look for that, as four is what i wish to drive, now should i look for this art on each rec?

highfigh

highfigh

thanks i'll look for that, as four is what i wish to drive, now should i look for this art on each rec?
ART Audio is a company that sells accessories. If you're using four receivers, just connect the Rec Out to Aux on each successive AVR until you reach the last one.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis