TV/center channel fit brainstorm?

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Ok, that's one I didn't think of, TV on top of the speaker itself. Do you think it can take that weight? I think that is a good idea.
It should handle the weight but I would lay a clothe over top to protect the finish. I would lean towards a riser like lovin' pictured. Not comfortable with setting metal stands on a nice new center. If you wall mount, do not use anchors in drywall for a TV that large. You must use lag screws into the wood studs. Most wall mounts allow for horizontal positioning to allow the slots to line up with the studs. Landlord should be accommodating if you promise to plaster and paint when you move.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
It should handle the weight but I would lay a clothe over top to protect the finish. I would lean towards a riser like lovin' pictured. Not comfortable with setting metal stands on a nice new center. If you wall mount, do not use anchors in drywall for a TV that large. You must use lag screws into the wood studs. Most wall mounts allow for horizontal positioning to allow the slots to line up with the studs. Landlord should be accommodating if you promise to plaster and paint when you move.
Yeah, I want to go the TV riser route. I can't find a good one that has 8 inch clearance. My TV is a TCL75R635. I'll keep looking for one that has the clearance and can handle the weight.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Agreed. Toggle bolts would be ok for one side. But absolutely get a couple lag bolts into one stud at least. The load is vertical so as long as a couple lag bolts are pulling it tight, a couple toggle bolts would shore up just fine.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, I want to go the TV riser route. I can't find a good one that has 8 inch clearance. My TV is a TCL75R635. I'll keep looking for one that has the clearance and can handle the weight.
Any friends with woodworking skills? I know it's tough for you living in an apt. A nice piece of live edge hardwood with hardwood sides can make a nice riser. A simple oil or poly/oil finish and you're all set. Can custom tailor the sides to the correct height. Lots of people make charcuterie boards from live edge wood these days and it's not difficult to go a little bigger and make a riser from one. Might cost a little more than Amazon but if you like the look?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Any friends with woodworking skills? I know it's tough for you living in an apt. A nice piece of live edge hardwood with hardwood sides can make a nice riser. A simple oil or poly/oil finish and you're all set. Can custom tailor the sides to the correct height. Lots of people make charcuterie boards from live edge wood these days and it's not difficult to go a little bigger and make a riser from one. Might cost a little more than Amazon but if you like the look?
And at the same time maybe make the risers for the 570s at the same time....

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Another question is the center ported in any way I’ve had a few jbl centers some were ported out the back some in front and my last two no porting at all . Could play into performance if ported out the back and it’s enclosed in a riser . But I agree this is probably the best option in his situation if not wall mounting the tv . But probably not a big deal even if it is the back . Man if I had the material on hand I help him out quick easy build .

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Thanke for the suggestions and ideas. I really just need to find the right TV riser, that would solve everything.
The 570s I found a wooden step stool that will work perfectly but that's on the back burner till the center issue is squared away.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I would mount the TV or get a different stand. Depending on if I thought the landlord was going to freak out seeing the TV mounted if they had to enter the apartment to fix the sink or whatever reason they may need to access the apartment. LOL :)

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
And at the same time maybe make the risers for the 570s at the same time....
Good idea. Different style risers on the center and 570s will look hodge-podge. If you're set on the step stool, I would suggest finding a riser with a similar look, just for aesthetic reasons. If the 3 match then it looks planned. Whatever floats your boat in the end, though. ;)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I had forgotten about finding the step stools for the 570s....but I do like the matching aesthetics idea. Too bad I don't live nearby, we could just make something in my workshop....

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I would mount the TV or get a different stand. Depending on if I thought the landlord was going to freak out seeing the TV mounted if they had to enter the apartment to fix the sink or whatever reason they may need to access the apartment. LOL :)
Yeah it's not an apartment, we are renting a townhouse right now. The guy doesn't come here ever. If we need something fixed he hires a contractor. I saw some stands, they look like wall mounts but they are stands for large TV's. One was up to 85 inches. Maybe I'll try that, just trying not to spend a poop ton more money here as I already have. I mean in the end what needs to be done needs to be done.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah it's not an apartment, we are renting a townhouse right now. The guy doesn't come here ever. If we need something fixed he hires a contractor. I saw some stands, they look like wall mounts but they are stands for large TV's. One was up to 85 inches. Maybe I'll try that, just trying not to spend a poop ton more money here as I already have. I mean in the end what needs to be done needs to be done.

Ya mounting the TV makes good sense then. Unless that would make it too high on the wall. :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

I use one of these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T72QG3K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 as there's no wall mount option in that room (I made a french cleat for my bedroom where I can wall mount). Were you thinking about something similar but with a floor stand?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I use one of these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T72QG3K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 as there's no wall mount option in that room (I made a french cleat for my bedroom where I can wall mount). Were you thinking about something similar but with a floor stand?
Thanks yes this might be the way I have to go but I have a 75 inch so this is the one on looking at.

FITUEYES Universal TV Stand/Base Swivel Tabletop TV Stand with Mount for 50 to 85 inch Flat Screen TV 100 Degree Swivel, 4 Level Height Adjustable,Tempered Glass Base,Holds up to 143lbs Screens https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01CORQRX0/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_XQA1K82C93TDESX2DGVH

This might be the best option. I really don't really to wall mount. I am the rare few that doesn't even like to wall mount TV's. I think it's a pain that adds to the cost, and when you want to move it you have to again go through that pain and cost.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Ya mounting the TV makes good sense then. Unless that would make it too high on the wall. :)
Not wall mount, but TV stand mount is what I'm looking at.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks yes this might be the way I have to go but I have a 75 inch so this is the one on looking at.

FITUEYES Universal TV Stand/Base Swivel Tabletop TV Stand with Mount for 50 to 85 inch Flat Screen TV 100 Degree Swivel, 4 Level Height Adjustable,Tempered Glass Base,Holds up to 143lbs Screens https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01CORQRX0/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_XQA1K82C93TDESX2DGVH

This might be the best option. I really don't really to wall mount. I am the rare few that doesn't even like to wall mount TV's. I think it's a pain that adds to the cost, and when you want to move it you have to again go through that pain and cost.

Of my four tvs only my bedroom one is wall mounted, primarily to save floor space. I like the convenience of a built in tv stand for when I move things around. The used tv I had bought for my bedroom the owner had wall mounted and threw out the stand, tho. I like the weight capacity of that one you linked, the one I got is a bit challenged by my 59" plasma (which is fairly heavy at 75 lbs).

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
So this is my solution, what do you guys think? I can't get a firm number on clearance at the highest setting but it looks like it will work.
FITUEYES Universal TV Stand/Base Tabletop TV Stand with Mount for 40 to 75 inch Flat Screen TV 6 Level Height Adjustable,Tempered Glass Base,Holds up to 110lbs Screens https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07VPHLPX3/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_VSH632VMC9Q3EAVRQ0YQ

I’d say that’s worth a shot and your center may sit right on the glass base . That’s a win .

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I’d say that’s worth a shot and your center may sit right on the glass base . That’s a win .
Yeah I'll put some rubber strips across and level it out with something. There are rubber feet that came with the center so that probably will level it off.
Just as a side note I assume when you link to Amazon it doesn't take you to my signed in Amazon account correct?

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Yeah I'll put some rubber strips across and level it out with something. There are rubber feet that came with the center so that probably will level it off.
Just as a side note I assume when you link to Amazon it doesn't take you to my signed in Amazon account correct?

Lol no and to be honest I didn’t really look for that . But yea I think this will get you setup pretty good too .just checked out the pics a little more your good bro on your account and that is a really nice stand too .

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis