TV/center channel fit brainstorm?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Ok, I bought the JBL Studio 570s last week and I needed a center for them so I ordered the JBL A125C center channel. Well it's awesome, but doesn't fit under the TV on it's stand which is this.

I need 1 inch, which ironically is the story of my life. Anyway any idea on how to lift this TV on it's stand an inch or so? Something cheap because I have spent enough money over the last week and preferably easy? Thanks guys. This speaker sound excellent, I just need it to fit.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I take that back, lifting the TV won't work because the center sits directly on those protruding legs so lifting the TV lifts the center with it. I think I can put it behind the TV but then I could have reflections. Any solutions here?

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I take that back, lifting the TV won't work because the center sits directly on those protruding legs so lifting the TV lifts the center with it. I think I can put it behind the TV but then I could have reflections. Any solutions here?

Can the tv be adjusted up any on the mount from the picture it looks to be able to slide up and down or are you maxed out .

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Can the tv be adjusted up any on the mount from the picture it looks to be able to slide up and down or are you maxed out .
Maxed out, yup. I can fit it behind the TV between the legs in the space between. I will have to deal with reflections off the TV stand. Line the front with rubber or foam?

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Maxed out, yup. I can fit it behind the TV between the legs in the space between. I will have to deal with reflections off the TV stand. Line the front with rubber or foam?

Yea you need the front of the center as close to the front edge as you can any room to not set it on the legs if you push the tv back .

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I think I can put it behind the TV or at least try it. I don't want to give up on this center because it sounds excellent. It'll be very close to the front of the TV.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I think I can put it behind the TV or at least try it. I don't want to give up on this center because it sounds excellent. It'll be very close to the front of the TV.

Is it possible to turn the legs around and have the center sit on the top of the stand you would gain a little and move the tv out flush with the center to the front of the stand . But it might make the tv unstable hard to tell from the pictures in the link but it’s a thought .

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Is it possible to turn the legs around and have the center sit on the top of the stand you would gain a little and move the tv out flush with the center to the front of the stand . But it might make the tv unstable hard to tell from the pictures in the link but it’s a thought .
Pretty sure that would make the TV unstable yes. It's crazy, it's just an inch or less.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, behind the TV it fits, but behind the TV it zaps it of all it's sound quality. A lot of the speaker is blocked taking away it's sparkle and power. I'm running out of options.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Pretty sure that would make the TV unstable yes. It's crazy, it's just an inch or less.

I here ya I’ve had to finagle a couple over the years to fit . I finally gave up and built my own stand that could be adjusted up or down and house all the equipment too and it on wheels to pull the whole thing out if need be . Is there room to sit the center on the stand without putting it on the feet if so you could find something to put under the feet to raise the TV up and still keep the center to the front edge .

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.

Do the job properly and get rid of that stand. Mount your TV on the wall, like it should be. Flat panel TVs should be wall mounted always.

Then you can create all the room you need for your center.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I'm trying to post a picture. I can't wall mount, it's a rental. Probably at this point the best solution though.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I'm trying to post a picture. I can't wall mount, it's a rental. Probably at this point the best solution though.

Stud walls or concrete? With stud walls you can remove the wall mount and re-plaster and paint where the bolt holes were. Concrete may be an issue though.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Stud walls or concrete? With stud walls you can remove the wall mount and re-plaster and paint where the bolt holes were. Concrete may be an issue though.
a regular wood wall, thanks

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I vote for wall mount and plaster when you move... Hell, 1/4" lags aren't that bad and you can fill that in easy. Just make certain you hit the studs. Wall anchors are where you will have to plaster for sure, and if you can avoid putting anchors in the drywall, you should! ;)

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Put the tv/stand on top of a riser if not on top of the speaker itself....

ps Maybe a riser similar to this depending on dimensions needed.
Ok, that's one I didn't think of, TV on top of the speaker itself. Do you think it can take that weight? I think that is a good idea.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I vote for wall mount and plaster when you move... Hell, 1/4" lags aren't that bad and you can fill that in easy. Just make certain you hit the studs. Wall anchors are where you will have to plaster for sure, and if you can avoid putting anchors in the drywall, you should! ;)
And that's the other option, really one 2 options. TV directly on top of the speaker itself or mount n wall. It's a pretty heavy center, almost 20 pounds I think. Thanks for the suggests guys.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Ok, that's one I didn't think of, TV on top of the speaker itself. Do you think it can take that weight? I think that is a good idea.

I think many speakers can, but the riser would sidestep that....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis