Turntable Connections

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
No offense, but I think you're young and think that nothing existed before what you're exposed to today. Consumer audio goes back about 60 years and has changed a lot over the years, and not always for the better.

Now, maybe TT tech has changed drastically but that would be news to me. I've never had a hum/noise problem. Could it be a cost saving measure?
Yea I'm young. 60 years young. I bought my first stereo rig about 41 years ago, after getting my first 'real' job. My dad was co-signer on the loan. I seem to remember the gear cost around $500, if that much. Harman/Kardon 330b receiver, Advent speakers, and I think a crappy BSR record player. Later I added an Advent 201 cassette deck. Just can't remember if the BSR had a wall wart or not.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Just can't remember if the BSR had a wall wart or not.
Trust a 66 year old veteran of this hobby since the early sixties. It didn't. Yours is the first I've heard of, not counting some esoteric ones.

P.S Nice starter system

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
The power supply on my Project Expression III converts 120 VAC to 12 VAC... Its just a step down transformer...... teh motor being synchronous and thus requiring AC .

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
The power supply on my Project Expression III converts 120 VAC to 12 VAC... Its just a step down transformer...... teh motor being synchronous and thus requiring AC .
Betcha some enterprising company offers upgraded PSU's, too. ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis