tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
I would also like to know about thespeakercompany's 10" subwoofer, does anyone have any info or experience with their subs?
Sorry volta, completely spaced your question regarding TSC's 10" sub.:eek:

Based on the specs TSC provides on the ASW-10 and the lack of frequency response provided, I'd suggest looking elsewhere for a sub.

If you'd like suggestions on what and where to look, I'd suggest opening a thread under the 'Subwoofers' section, list the size of room you'll be using it in, the type of listening (movies to music percentage), importance of size and/or aesthetics and last but by all means not least, your proposed budget. You'll get lots of folks here to give you sound advice on a sub for your needs... -TD

C

ChunkyDark

Full Audioholic
I was interested in the asw-10 and noticed the lack of frequency response so posted on their forum. Nick's reply: "The ASW10 subwoofer goes down to 28Hz and has Two ports, one front and one back individually tuned."
http://forum.thespeakercompany.com/index.php?topic=48.0

Seems like a good deal compared with what is out there. Nothing else that I
know
of competes with those posted stats also offers free shipping both ways.

As tempting as it is for the price personally I'm holding out of the Cadence csx12 cause it's prettier ;)
http://www.cadencestore.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=137&idproduct=396

J

jamie2112

Banned
I had never seen the cadence before. The 15 inch sub looks amazing for 399.

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
I was interested in the asw-10 and noticed the lack of frequency response so posted on their forum. Nick's reply: "The ASW10 subwoofer goes down to 28Hz and has Two ports, one front and one back individually tuned."
http://forum.thespeakercompany.com/index.php?topic=48.0
Good to hear, thks for the info ChunkyDark :cool:

While I can't dispute the FR of the ASW10, I'd have a hard time believing it reached those values without producing some noticably audible distortion, but it's possible. I suppose someone could verify this by giving one a test drive, unfortunately I don't have the time to do that at the moment.

Cadence does seem to be putting out some solid subwoofers for the money over the past couple of years. Their 15"er looks very similar to another sub manufacturer's 15" cabinet (see pics of both below), name rhymes with Melodyne... :D -TD

N

nick51

Audioholics Approved Vendor
While I can tell you the ASW10 sound PDG... there should be a review of it soon on www.soundadviceblog.com. If you want to wait for something,,, how about our soon to arrive T300, Dual side firing 10", slot ported, 300 watt (BASH of course) subwoofer we expect in some time mid to late November. I promise you won't be disapointed at $399. There will be a single 10" version at 250 watts for $249

anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
TSC ASW-10 - Energy ESW-10 - Are they the same ?

Nick,

I noticed the ASW-10 seems to be a clone of the Energy ESW-10. The amp, ports and box size seem to be VERY similar. The only difference seems to be the driver does not have the ribs in the surround and the cabinet has a different finish and legs.

Can you shed any light on the matter.

energy-speakers.com

Thanks

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis