Trying to split optical audio to analog and digital

MrJake

MrJake

Audiophyte
I am looking for a product that has a optical audio input that then splits that into optical audio output and analog audio 3.5mm jack or rca. Anyone know if such a product exists?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I am looking for a product that has a optical audio input that then splits that into optical audio output and analog audio 3.5mm jack or rca. Anyone know if such a product exists?
Optical audio is digital. There are lots of optical to analog audio converters and also coax digital to analog converters. I am not aware of a converter that converts optical digital to coax digital.

MrJake

MrJake

Audiophyte
Well I know of products that convert digital to analog but I don't find any that splits the digital to have an output of the original digital signal and then has a converter to have a analog output for the split signal. That's what I am looking for. Something that can have a input that is a digital optical and then have 2 output, 1 that is analog and one that is digital to keep going to the original destination

MrJake

MrJake

Audiophyte
I know I can do this with 2 products for about 40$. One is a optical splitter to split the fiber with 2 outputs, then the other is a digital to analog converter that takes one of those fibers to convert to and split to 2 analog output. 3.5mm and rca. Im just looking for a box that does both to tidy it up

highfigh

highfigh

Optical audio is digital. There are lots of optical to analog audio converters and also coax digital to analog converters. I am not aware of a converter that converts optical digital to coax digital.
Those are common, too.

MrJake

MrJake

Audiophyte
only issue is I am reading it might have issues playing youtube and netflix since it only supports PCM and not dolby 5.1. So I am wondering with my lack of knowledge if this will affect me

highfigh

highfigh

only issue is I am reading it might have issues playing youtube and netflix since it only supports PCM and not dolby 5.1. So I am wondering with my lack of knowledge if this will affect me
Are you looking for analog surround audio? That's not gonna happen. You only get stereo from these.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
It would be helpful to know about the source device. From where is this optical digital signal coming? And, what is it being connected to in the end?

MrJake

MrJake

Audiophyte
the source is my TV. All incoming to the TV is in PCM on all HDMI ports but im wondering if listening to youtube or netflix on the SmartTV would this work still

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis