F

flippo

Full Audioholic
I've been thinking of this kit (the tower version) for a while. Would they be a step up or down or lateral move to my current mirage m590i speakers? Any thoughts?

F

flippo

Full Audioholic
I'm sticking with the Mirage which I like alot except for the looks (Sock covered monolith. Not a good enough reason to change

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Overlord
I think the Tritrix TL kits look pretty cool and I'll bet they sound very good. but as far as whether they'd be better than your OMDs is just a guess. They're completely different speakers with different dispersion.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I wouldn't do a diy project with a mind to replacement particularly, more fun to compare them and learn from the project and some pride in accomplishment rather than try and decide in advance if you'd prefer one vs the other.....then I just use the only trickle down I ever found that works....my best speakers go in my mostly used setup, the next best in the bedroom, the next best in the workshop, the next bests into the spare rooms....but I don't like selling stuff either. I have given/loaned out speakers, tho....

I've always been curious about the Tritrix, but didn't try them as the cabinet building was daunting at that time (went for a kit with a provided cabinet at that point). Might have to revisit the Tritrix design, as I've got some stuff out in the workshop and am more confident in my woodworking....

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I wouldn't do a diy project with a mind to replacement particularly, more fun to compare them and learn from the project and some pride in accomplishment rather than try and decide in advance if you'd prefer one vs the other.....then I just use the only trickle down I ever found that works....my best speakers go in my mostly used setup, the next best in the bedroom, the next best in the workshop, the next bests into the spare rooms....but I don't like selling stuff either. I have given/loaned out speakers, tho....

I've always been curious about the Tritrix, but didn't try them as the cabinet building was daunting at that time (went for a kit with a provided cabinet at that point). Might have to revisit the Tritrix design, as I've got some stuff out in the workshop and am more confident in my woodworking....
PE has the Tritrix with flat-pack cab option.

highfigh

highfigh

Audioholic Overlord
A friend built a set of these and is pretty happy with them. He has worked with audio for about fifty years, including a stint at Koss, as one of the people who rebuilt the Koss Electrostatic speakers when needed. Also worked for a small local speaker manufacturer that put out some decent models.

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis