Towers as surrounds ?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I thought he was talking about using the floorstanding A7s as surrounds.
It wouldn't matter as I still don't think they're as capable as decent subs in that range but I might be missing some relevant details here....

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Might have missed something but fairly sure he did state as much before I posted such nor did I ever think he was a big time audio retailer (nor would I hope you had). Even a small timer relying on our advice is not why I post here, truck him.
I think you need to have a good night's sleep and get out of the right side of your bed in the morning.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I think you need to have a good night's sleep and get out of the right side of your bed in the morning.
You sure about that? That seems to be your side of the equation more often than not, but tomorrow I'll check again.

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
I'm currently using pill lsif/x as surrounds I bought a pair polks rti a7s to flip and wondered how they would compare as surrounds I know I could just set them up but just curious if there any serious reasons to wither do it or not
Use them.

For sh!ts and giggles I swapped my RBH bookshelf out of the side surround position with my old B&W 804M floor standers (planned to gift to son). That was 6 mos ago, the B&Ws are still handling the rear channels.

I wholeheartedly agree with post #3, multi-ch music delivers full range to the rear speakers thus your system is rewarded by having full range rear speakers.

Even some movies, the rear channel audio is more than just the cursory ambient sound effects. I just watched Everest on 4k disc and the rears get workout...I could see the RBHs struggling in a larger room to produce that same lifelike feeling of being on the mountain with the climbers.

Eventually my son will move out (hopefully) and once the B&Ws are gone I wouldn't go run out and upgrade my RBH book shelfs just to put larger speakers there, but at some point I can see having a pair of Murphy's BMRs for the rears.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Okay, but why full range?
Ahh I dont Have big enough towers to run full I x over my Andrew Jones towers as 40hz but they make amazing side surrounds .
Your Polk will be superior as they are bigger and yes can handle full range .

Reptilians invading in year 2025
Tesla spoken to them

B

bradley0001983

Junior Audioholic
Might have missed something but fairly sure he did state as much before I posted such nor did I ever think he was a big time audio retailer (nor would I hope you had). Even a small timer relying on our advice is not why I post here, truck him.
I ran bars for years decided to start a small buisness so I do import and buy and sell lots of different stuff not a audio dealer by any stretch of the Imagination.. however when it comes to home.theater stuff i love so i always look for good deals and upgrade my system and ya I will sell what I dont keep I even keep.stuff I dony
I thought he was talking about using the floorstanding A7s as surrounds.

Ya that guy got all mad that I said I buy and sell stuff I recently quit working as a general manager of bars to start own import buy sell buisness so I bought a7s for 50 bucks at auction was gonna sell them but thought maybe I should keep them and replace the polk lsif/x I dont specialize in audio I import random stuff from.china and buy at auctions so I will buy a bra if I can make.money on it but I love upgrading my home theater and appreciate nice speakers so if I have chance to buy stuff cheap I do I dont need advice on selling stuff I wanted advice on if I.should keep them which for now I decided to do until.i can find some klipsch to replace them .. then I am sure once I have all.klipsch I will want the next step up and i will slowly start building a new system till I'm rich and can nust go spend 40000 on a system

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis