Towers as surrounds ?

B

bradley0001983

Junior Audioholic
I'm currently using pill lsif/x as surrounds I bought a pair polks rti a7s to flip and wondered how they would compare as surrounds I know I could just set them up but just curious if there any serious reasons to wither do it or not

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I'm currently using pill lsif/x as surrounds I bought a pair polks rti a7s to flip and wondered how they would compare as surrounds I know I could just set them up but just curious if there any serious reasons to wither do it or not
I'd run them over the other personally, and full range if possible.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I use towers as surrounds in one system, prefer it especially for multich music. That type of surround is a completely different style of speaker to the tower, too....so not all that comparable. Why are you using that style of surround to begin with?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Not sure what your current mains are but the A7’s should be better than the lsif by every single yardstick you want to use.
FWIW, I don’t like di/bipoles since they don’t image very well compared to monopoles.
I think you will like the A7’s and I would use them in the system. Toss the lsifx...

B

bradley0001983

Junior Audioholic
I have a mix match of speakers right now

Klipsch rf 63 mains
Polk csi a4 center
Polk lsifx surrounds
Klipsch 51m surround backs

I buy and sell alot of stereo equipment so I bought two pairs of the polk lsif/x for 150 bucks canadian the dipole bipole thing I know nothing about really I should stick to one brand I know but I love the rf 63s so I will eventually probably go all klipsch but figured make use of the a7s while I got them

B

bradley0001983

Junior Audioholic
Not sure what your current mains are but the A7’s should be better than the lsif by every single yardstick you want to use.
FWIW, I don’t like di/bipoles since they don’t image very well compared to monopoles.
I think you will like the A7’s and I would use them in the system. Toss the lsifx...

When I researched the lsifx it looks like a few years ago they was really expensive resell 400 a pair now it seems there not very popular

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If you're in the buy/sell business of audio gear I assume you no longer need of my input at least.....figure it out.

B

bradley0001983

Junior Audioholic
If you're in the buy/sell business of audio gear I assume you no longer need of my input at least.....figure it out.
I buy and sell import anything I can make money on not specific speakers but I try to buy good deals on stereo equipment since I love the stuff and I keep more of it than I sell lol but moment u think u know everything ur an idiot so always looking for opinions and thoughts and wanna learn more and more I thought I was gonna be able sell your lsifx no biggy not the case lol

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Okay, but why full range?
Assuming that no content would ever get low enough to be an issue, with the exception possibly of live organ recordings and no crossover would be an easier blend from a theoretical standpoint.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Assuming that no content would ever get low enough to be an issue, with the exception possibly of live organ recordings and no crossover would be an easier blend from a theoretical standpoint.
Meh, same for mains then?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I buy and sell import anything I can make money on not specific speakers but I try to buy good deals on stereo equipment since I love the stuff and I keep more of it than I sell lol but moment u think u know everything ur an idiot so always looking for opinions and thoughts and wanna learn more and more I thought I was gonna be able sell your lsifx no biggy not the case lol
I just know I have no wish to help an audio buyer/seller that can't help himself. truck you.

B

bradley0001983

Junior Audioholic
I just know I have no wish to help an audio buyer/seller that can't help himself. truck you.
Umm this isn't a buying selling question it's a personal set up thing I sell what I dont use to have extra money to buy more stuff I want its how I upgrade but ur a complete clown buddy I didn't ask u what something was worth I was asking what I should keep u dont have positive things to say keep ur mouth shut

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Umm this isn't a buying selling question it's a personal set up thing I sell what I dont use to have extra money to buy more stuff I want its how I upgrade but ur a complete clown buddy I didn't ask u what something was worth I was asking what I should keep u dont have positive things to say keep ur mouth shut
Then why did you bring up the buy/sell stuff? Still, if you can buy/sell audio gear you should know enough to answer your own question. LOL as to the "keep your mouth shut" good luck

B

bradley0001983

Junior Audioholic
Someone asked why I have the lsifx cause I got a good deal so get to keep one sell one .. and I know how to use google amd research what something I have basic understanding on a whole of how crossovers sounds receivers work like right now I redid my audussy now I csnt put anything as full band 40 to 250 only no idea how to fix it hense I ask questions .. I also bought 100 bras to sell and dont know alot about them i also selling some dash cams i never even used one so no just cause I sell stuff doesn't mean I know what is best or better or smartest I know value this is not about value it's about sound

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Probably not for those, depending on the sub. Surrounds shouldn't matter as would the mains.
Still depends on the surrounds to an extent but I'd still cross them as these speakers just don't dig low.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I don't think this guy is a big time audio retailer. Her sounds to me like an hobbiest having fun. Even if he was a big time operator there is no reason not to proffer asked for advice.

I don't think this new member has transgressed to the point of correction or rebuff. Obviously some dealer has got up your hooter at some time.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I don't think this guy is a big time audio retailer. Her sounds to me like an hobbiest having fun. Even if he was a big time operator there is no reason not to proffer asked for advice.

I don't think this new member has transgressed to the point of correction or rebuff. Obviously some dealer has got up your hooter at some time.
Might have missed something but fairly sure he did state as much before I posted such nor did I ever think he was a big time audio retailer (nor would I hope you had). Even a small timer relying on our advice is not why I post here, truck him.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis