Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The big trend lately seems to be cashing in on nostalgia and this one is no different but damnit, this trailer has me wanting to see it!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, been waiting for this one. Actually wasn't sure if it would be any good, but I still want to see it. Friend of mine is a huge Top Gun fan so I think we're going to see this one in the theater.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, been waiting for this one. Actually wasn't sure if it would be any good, but I still want to see it. Friend of mine is a huge Top Gun fan so I think we're going to see this one in the theater.
I've heard about it but was pretty lukewarm on the idea til I saw that trailer. I might even watch the first one again, lol.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I definitely want to see this. Tom Cruise keeps himself in great shape so it won't be an embarrassment.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
The trailer was certainly enticing and it will be great to see it on the wide screen. Also, am a fan of Jennifer Connelly.

Must admit, I was teed off a couple of years ago when the producers removed the flags of Taiwan and Japan from Tom's iconic jacket to please the Chinese. They didn't show him in that jacket in this trailer.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah while I won't take a long drive to see it in a theater, I'll stream it or rent the bluray (whatever works out first particularly). Cruise at his age and still going for it, gotta respect that.

jinjuku

jinjuku

BTW check out Growling Sidewinder on YT...

Some basic terms to get out of the way:

BFM: Basic Fighter Maneuvers
BVR: Beyond Visual Range
One Circle: Scissoring to go nose on with the opponent
Two Circle (aka rate fight): Going nose to tail and turning the radius quicker than your opponent.

G

GotAudio

Audioholic
Big fan of Tom Cruise.. I might just wait to purchase this so can get the iTunes extras and all behind the scenes stuff ..

hopefully there are some advanced military aircrafts involved..

KillerSneak

KillerSneak

Audiophyte
Been waiting for this one for quite some time now.

Nostalgia or not there simply aren’t that many “great” fighter jet movies and this will most likely be the last one of it’s kind.

Many scenes contain real planes, it’s simply not cost effective/ worthy any more to use real planes compared to CGI ‘ing everything.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Saw it yesterday. WOW, I have to be honest, it was better than the first one. See this in the theater! Sound was great, just an overall entertaining movie that has just enough nostalgia for the past without repeating it. Yes, it follows a similar story arc, but it does it well. There's obvious CGI in there because they can't do some of that stuff, but it is obvious there are a lot of real shots. Very fun movie. I think I may have to buy the 4k disc for this one.

Last edited:
SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Breaking records. From what I read, they put both the Japanese and Taiwan flags back on the jacket and into the movie. That's considered a middle finger to the Chinese government. I'm in.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Seen it twice at our local Dolby atmos enabled theater this past weekend with my son then yesterday with my wife . First go see it at least one time on the big screen!
Second it’s so well done pays homage to the first it’s got a good bit of humor in it the flight scene’s are so good so we’ll done. I’ll definitely be snagging this on 4 K when it hits the streets. Sound was decent as my son said this will sound better in your room with your gear and I think I have to agree . My guess is our local theater didn’t seem to be calibrated to well as they just opened back up after two years being shut down again just our opinion tho but it’s a must see and will be demo quality when the Blu-ray comes out . Last thought it may be best sequel I’ve ever seen done most sequels are hard pressed to match the first installment but this to me is better in every aspect and really leaves the door open for a new sequel to this one with several of the new characters introduced .
Go check it out .

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I watched it on the 8K screen, laser projector, Atmos and the reclining seats that have the built in tactile transducers setup too. This is the kind of movie I do enjoy seeing in the theater, especially when it is a good theater.

It does feel like a bit of "passing the torch" in a way, so there could be another one.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
We don't like him as a person, thus we don't watch any of his movies. Scientologists are controlling people. CULT

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
We don't like him as a person, thus we don't watch any of his movies. Scientologists are controlling people. CULT
On the screen, he is a character, not him. Not a fan of his actual real life self either, but as long as his films aren't preaching that stuff I am OK watching them.

There is a scientology temple about 3 blocks from me and it was actually my polling place in the previous (not last one), so I had to go there. Pretty creepy cult-y feeling place for sure and I was a bit offended that I had to go there to vote.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
On the screen, he is a character, not him. Not a fan of his actual real life self either, but as long as his films aren't preaching that stuff I am OK watching them.

There is a scientology temple about 3 blocks from me and it was actually my polling place in the previous (not last one), so I had to go there. Pretty creepy cult-y feeling place for sure and I was a bit offended that I had to go there to vote.
Mail in ballots? Drop box?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I watched it on the 8K screen, laser projector, Atmos and the reclining seats that have the built in tactile transducers setup too. This is the kind of movie I do enjoy seeing in the theater, especially when it is a good theater.

It does feel like a bit of "passing the torch" in a way, so there could be another one.
And the ticket price? ;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis