Too much stereo imaging?

R

Ricardojoa

Audioholic
real tweeter does have rising response maybe the brightness bothers you. You could always try the EX upgrade to the Sierra 2, it adds alot of warmth to the speaker.
I will wait for the reviews first.
I am currently using the foam plugs of the raal 70-10 on the 60-10 raal tweeters from sierra2 and it seems to tone down the high frequencies .
But i have come to a conclusion, the sierra2 doesn’t have the scale of image i am loooking for. Even my blown raal selah tempesta seems to have a larger scale of image. They simply sounds like a bigger speaker.

I

ichigo

Full Audioholic
I will wait for the reviews first.
I am currently using the foam plugs of the raal 70-10 on the 60-10 raal tweeters from sierra2 and it seems to tone down the high frequencies .
But i have come to a conclusion, the sierra2 doesn’t have the scale of image i am loooking for. Even my blown raal selah tempesta seems to have a larger scale of image. They simply sounds like a bigger speaker.
Where do you buy the foam pads without buying the 70-10? I would like to try them as they are supposed to increase vertical dispersion.

R

Russdawg1

Full Audioholic
Where do you buy the foam pads without buying the 70-10? I would like to try them as they are supposed to increase vertical dispersion.
I believe it decreases vertical dispersion.

And generally you can’t buy them separate because they are made for that specific tweeter.

R

Ricardojoa

Audioholic
I am not sure where to buy buy I would imagine you can diy using magnatic strip to cover the tweeter opening area?
The foam i am using are made for the 70–10 raal which have much greater rising response than what you see on the 64-10 of the sierra2.

I

ichigo

Full Audioholic
I believe it decreases vertical dispersion.

And generally you can’t buy them separate because they are made for that specific tweeter.
When you reduce the vertical length of a ribbon tweeter, it increases vertical dispersion, not decreasing it. This is easily verifiable with measurements of ribbon tweeters with and without foam wedges, and is exactly their purpose according to RAAL themselves. Also it appears these are available for purchase on madisound.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
So the other day I brought back the ascends acoustic sierra2 out from storage. I was quite suprised how good they sounded specially the stereo imaging, which outperformed the salk songtower, what i had always been listening.
A few days later, i started to get anoyed by the stereo separation. It seems music is all over the place now.

Has anyone ever felt that? Too much imaging not a good thing?
What music are you actually listening to? A lot of flat measuring speakers are too revealing for a lot of mainstream music.

R

Russdawg1

Full Audioholic
When you reduce the vertical length of a ribbon tweeter, it increases vertical dispersion, not decreasing it. This is easily verifiable with measurements of ribbon tweeters with and without foam wedges, and is exactly their purpose according to RAAL themselves. Also it appears these are available for purchase on madisound.
Sorry I did not mean to say decrease, I meant control it.

But like I said, they are meant for the specific tweeter, seeing they are labeled for the 70-10 or 140-15 Raal.

Of course doesn’t hurt to try. Make sure to post your results. I’m not too sure that the 64-10 has a rising response though.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis