Told to F' off by myCableMart owner over bad RCA cables.

W

Wabbit

Junior Audioholic
Stay away from MyCableMart.com

Their owner, Neil Marriott told me to F'off and hung up when asked to view this video of their RCA cables slipping off brand new gear. Even sent me an email saying I'm mistaken and that he's was blocking my IP. Wow, so literally anything he wrote about customer service is a lie. I got every excuse at nasium how their stuff is built and measured to spec. (but made in China right on the sealed packaging). Whatever the reason, Amazon Basics cables had worked better. It's a shame cause it otherwise seemed like decent cables for the price that one shouldn't need to take a pair of pliers to. Hello Blue Jeans.

ttps://photos.app.goo.gl/PwUj3NqcrjVzSThZ7

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Blue Jeans without question. Have used them for years and bought many products from them without issue.

The one in your video is improperly manufactured most likely, but could be an actual design flaw. Either way, is bad QC. Bluejeans uses the highest quality connectors I've seen, and after having ones from other (big name) manufacturers fail as well, I switched to Bluejeans and didn't look back.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm a little confused... "anything he wrote about customer service"? What does that mean?

I get the rest of your post. I've never heard of those cables. Are they magic cables? How much did you spend? Some of those cable mystics can be real douchebags.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Is this the site?

They don't look overpriced, really. Are you saying the owner of a company told you to truck off over a 7 dollar cable? Hmm... :rolleyes:

W

Wabbit

Junior Audioholic
Yep. That's exactly what happen. I had 5 of them as interconnects. Kept getting random buzzing because they were just too loose. Sent them back and still had the same problem with replacements.

Here's a quote from their email signature that isn't what I experienced:
“The value we provide to our customers is best demonstrated not just by filling an order, but when something goes wrong. We like to be judged on how quickly, professionally, and thoroughly we fix an issue to 100% satisfaction without excuses.”
They attempted to resolve the issue at first, but they never pretended to even view the video I sent them. They were so caught up in their own case notes and junk to even pay attention to the user experience. They measured their stock and said they we're right, you are wrong for lack of better words. He inferred all my 50 some RCA connectors on my equipment must be defective. So much for a lifetime warranty. Was pretty flabbergasted when I figured out Neil was the company president. Not a way to build a reputation.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Blue Jeans without question. Have used them for years and bought many products from them without issue.

The one in your video is improperly manufactured most likely, but could be an actual design flaw. Either way, is bad QC. Bluejeans uses the highest quality connectors I've seen, and after having ones from other (big name) manufacturers fail as well, I switched to Bluejeans and didn't look back.
While I completely agree with you about preferring Blue Jeans (I have a considerable collection of their products), I think we have to be honest about Blue Jeans being a premium brand. Blue Jeans cables are not inexpensive, and that means they're not for everyone. Blue Jeans also has awesome customer service, which I needed once due to a mix-up caused by my subwoofer manufacturer, not Blue Jeans, and they swapped the XLR connectors on two cables for free, including shipping the altered cables back to me. So I recommend BJC highly, but using them for a multi-channel HT system including subs and HDMI cables could cost several hundred dollars.

W

Wabbit

Junior Audioholic
Just to be clear, my beef is with myCableMart. As a fix, I could tap a 10mm socket from a wrench set with a hammer on the petals of the RCA plug to get them to tighten down a little. Not the prettiest solution, but workable.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
While I completely agree with you about preferring Blue Jeans (I have a considerable collection of their products), I think we have to be honest about Blue Jeans being a premium brand. Blue Jeans cables are not inexpensive, and that means they're not for everyone. Blue Jeans also has awesome customer service, which I needed once due to a mix-up caused by my subwoofer manufacturer, not Blue Jeans, and they swapped the XLR connectors on two cables for free, including shipping the altered cables back to me. So I recommend BJC highly, but using them for a multi-channel HT system including subs and HDMI cables could cost several hundred dollars.
On a side note, I bought the Blue Jeans Interconnects, did not care for them, only because they were too stiff to work with. I use their speaker cable speaker cable and really like their locking banana plugs. I have them sent pre terminated and the guy who ran my speaker wire even commented how well it was done.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Those locking plugs used to be found at many audio sites like PartsExpress (they no longer have them). I was using them prior to Bluejeans offering them. My older GRs used unusual binding posts which were split and I found that if I tightened the locks and they were in the wrong orientation, it would result in a snapped tip. So I stopped using them on the speaker side, but I still use them on the amp side.

I agree that Bluejeans is not exactly "inexpensive" but I would say their price is absolutely reasonable for the quality AND service you get. Yes, you can get less expensive cables and such, but you are not going to get the same quality for your savings. Their price is still lower, in many cases significantly lower, than most boutique cables that offer no benefit at all over what you'd get from Bluejeans. For my third system, I didn't use Bluejeans actually. I went with some cheaper stuff because I didn't feel I needed that level of quality for a simple setup and it works just fine.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Stay away from MyCableMart.com

Their owner, Neil Marriott told me to F'off and hung up when asked to view this video of their RCA cables slipping off brand new gear. Even sent me an email saying I'm mistaken and that he's was blocking my IP. Wow, so literally anything he wrote about customer service is a lie. I got every excuse at nasium how their stuff is built and measured to spec. (but made in China right on the sealed packaging). Whatever the reason, Amazon Basics cables had worked better. It's a shame cause it otherwise seemed like decent cables for the price that one shouldn't need to take a pair of pliers to. Hello Blue Jeans.

ttps://photos.app.goo.gl/PwUj3NqcrjVzSThZ7
By all looks, those appear to be nearly identical to what Monoprice sends out to customers.

I've had some issues over the years with some of the cables coming in loose. Sometimes they are also really tight. I accept this, and tighten up the ones I need to manually. For the money, they are still the best cables and value you can find.

This is what Monoprice sells...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Noted but never heard of them in the first place.....

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
I’ve always liked KnuKonceptz. They’re not a high end brand but they’re reasonable and the two times I had issues with orders they sent me free stuff with an apology immediately.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis