highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Reports of an ex-girlfriend calling the Police last year to say he was building bombs in the RV, but they went, didn't see him, didn't bother with getting a warrant and called it 'unresolved'.

Nice Job, Barney- did they only give the officers one bullet, too?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Reports of an ex-girlfriend calling the Police last year to say he was building bombs in the RV, but they went, didn't see him, didn't bother with getting a warrant and called it 'unresolved'.

Funny reference. Sad sorry though.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan

I heard that as well and early on the FBI said 'he wasn't on their radar' !

highfigh

highfigh

I heard that as well and early on the FBI said 'he wasn't on their radar' !
It may have been a hard sell, but doesn't being described as a 'recluse' and accused of building bombs kind of fall under the category of 'probable cause', for getting a search warrant? I don't like the idea that the PD just shows up with a warrant based on a PO'd girlfriend, but if it comes to bomb-making, shouldn't they do the minimum work to find out if he had been buying the materials? They would need a warrant for that too, but it wouldn't cause the person to change their behavior, which could have resulted in preventing this. If they get away with spending less than a billion dollars to repair everything, I think they would be lucky.

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General
being described as a 'recluse' and accused of building bombs kind of fall under the category of 'probable cause',
WTF? Being described a recluse is probable causes?

How about posting as a dolt? Is that probable cause? If so.....

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General
ex-girlfriend calling the Police last year to say he was building bombs in the RV
How did she corroborate her assertion?
Can they search your home because your wife gets pissed at you and says you...?

highfigh

highfigh

How did she corroborate her assertion?
Can they search your home because your wife gets pissed at you and says you...?
Depends on the claim- if someone calls the PD and says someone was violent toward them, they definitely investigate it as a domestic violence case and those are THE most dangerous cases for law enforcement because they escalate so fast. If someone says their boyfriend is making bombs, they damn well need to look into it especially in light of the fact that he had a permit for explosives in the past..

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General
No but building bombs certainly qualifies .....
You need evidence of a crime to get a warrant, don't you?
Otherwise, can't someone harass anyone they wanted to with accusations?????
In fact, doesn't this happen all day long?

highfigh

highfigh

You need evidence of a crime to get a warrant, don't you?
Otherwise, can't someone harass anyone they wanted to with accusations?????
In fact, doesn't this happen all day long?
The warrant comes when it's likely that someone has/is engaging in criminal activity, but they can't just make stuff up in order to gain access. The 4th & 6th Amendments cover this, if the people playing along (Police, prosecutors and judges) are actually following the Constitution.

Last I heard was comments from the Nashville Police chief, saying that she had called to report that she was considering suicide- when they arrived, she was sitting on the porch near two handguns that weren't loaded. She wasn't close enough to them to be a threat, so they cleared the guns from the porch and in talking to her, they decided that she needed some mental health care. He wasn't there and she didn't seem like a reliable source to make a probable cause argument.

If a drug or bomb detecting dog had been going nuts outside of the fence as soon as they got there, it's possible that a warrant might have been granted.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis