TLS Guy gave me some really nice speakers today

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I had a set of my Minimus 7's with $20 Amazon crossovers (ha) hooked up to my Marantz 1060 and TLS guy thought I could do better, so he offered me a set of speakers that he hand built including designing the crossovers. I stopped over to his house this afternoon and we played some selections and I could tell right away that the sound was bigger with more depth (sorry, I have a tough time describing sound) than my Minimus 7's which sound thin in comparison, although I thought they were really good! So I brought them home and hooked them up with a floor-firing 10" Klipsch subwoofer also in the room. Boy, what a difference. I played my favorite movie soundtrack: Austin Powers International Man of Mystery. I was going to play a song or two just to test them out. Well, I couldn't leave the room because they just sound so great! I listened to the whole CD cranked up loud with my dog Dobie on my lap. What a great day. @TLS Guy is a wonderful and generous guy. He even has his badge attached below the woofers. The tweeters sit 81 inches from the ground so I placed a rubber wedge at the back of the speakers to tip them down a tad. They are ported in the back. Maybe Dr. Carter can explain a little about what went into his engineering these gems.

Attachments

D

dlaloum

Full Audioholic
Nice!

Although to be fair, your sealed, micro woofer Minimum7's were never likely to provide much bass.... and would need to be run with a Sub capable of going up to probably at least 150Hz if not 200Hz to provide the full frequency fill in.

I reckon Minimus7's would be perfect satellite speakers used with that type of Sub (eg: Gallo TR1)

U

uncola

Enthusiast
audiophiles helping audiophiles, what a nice forum :D I bet if you met someone from audiogon forum they'd diss all your gear then mug you

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Besides the TV in the room, the only other input is a line level from my computer in another room. I just ordered a BT receiver with RCA outs. I have two ipod touches, both transmit BT. One with most of my CD's and the other with exclusively LP's that I am adding to each week. I think so far, I have 75 or so LP's on it. That'll be better sound I imagine than a 25 foot line level cable. Arrives tomorrow.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
To be more accurate, the line level cable to that room is connected to line-level outs from a two-channel Pioneer reciever (not vintage) that is for my computer sound. The computer speakers are blond wood Axiom M22's

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic General
I had a set of my Minimus 7's with $20 Amazon crossovers (ha) hooked up to my Marantz 1060 and TLS guy thought I could do better, so he offered me a set of speakers that he hand built including designing the crossovers. I stopped over to his house this afternoon and we played some selections and I could tell right away that the sound was bigger with more depth (sorry, I have a tough time describing sound) than my Minimus 7's which sound thin in comparison, although I thought they were really good! So I brought them home and hooked them up with a floor-firing 10" Klipsch subwoofer also in the room. Boy, what a difference. I played my favorite movie soundtrack: Austin Powers International Man of Mystery. I was going to play a song or two just to test them out. Well, I couldn't leave the room because they just sound so great! I listened to the whole CD cranked up loud with my dog Dobie on my lap. What a great day. @TLS Guy is a wonderful and generous guy. He even has his badge attached below the woofers. The tweeters sit 81 inches from the ground so I placed a rubber wedge at the back of the speakers to tip them down a tad. They are ported in the back. Maybe Dr. Carter can explain a little about what went into his engineering these gems.
Classic looking speakers next to Vikings totem pole. Looks good. Enjoy and go Vikes!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis