time to upgrade HDMI's ?

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
iam wanting add a new display to my system in the near future as I've had this current setup for a good while wanting to go to 4K and kind of future proof the video and pathways for audio . my current hdmi cables are like the first or second gen but they still work with that being said would I be doing myself good buy upgrading from my Blu-ray to avr and avr to tv by getting newer cables with current capability's such as 2.0 or what ever they got them listed now . I did this with a Roku streaming stick and got way better audio from it .Thinking it would improve the whole Blu-ray's and cable box also or am I off base as I will have to replace my two blu-rays with the new display for 4 K
Thanks fellas y'all have never steered me wrong .

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Thank You as I suspected ill have to upgrade as mine are like 10 years old and just pass 1080 I . ive not kept up with video cables like I have patch cables and thanks for the link also . now to search the usual venues for the best buy on these ill need 4 at 6 ft length my runs are short that will help .

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thank You as I suspected ill have to upgrade as mine are like 10 years old and just pass 1080 I . ive not kept up with video cables like I have patch cables and thanks for the link also . now to search the usual venues for the best buy on these ill need 4 at 6 ft length my runs are short that will help .
Monoprice is always a good start or someone like Bluejeanscable.com for something a bit fancier. Just please no cable charlatan stuff like Audioquest that BB sells....

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Monoprice is always a good start or someone like Bluejeanscable.com for something a bit fancier. Just please no cable charlatan stuff like Audioquest that BB sells....
indeed I here ya on that ive looked on monoprice they have what I need they don't have to be pretty but accurately work . Amazon's got decent prices on certified cables many brands and the lengths I want too . I haven't checked Blue jeans yet I will didn't realize the carried hdmi's . was in our local Best Buy awhike bax
ck ours at least is getting to be slim Pickens on most anything cable related .
Thanks for your input Sir !

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Monoprice Certified Premium have worked very well for me. I would caution about buying other brands over Amazon without some deep research to make certain they are as advertised.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Monoprice Certified Premium have worked very well for me. I would caution about buying other brands over Amazon without some deep research to make certain they are as advertised.
I have looked on amazon like you say and there are a lot that are not certified ill probley go with monoprice as there's are certified and are really reasonable compared to a awful lot on the market even big name brands like you say ill do the research it will payoff in the long run . A lot of the new features offered with the new TV's and 4 K stuff is something ive not played around with yet . so there will be a learning curve but I only want to buy cables once lol . Hey thanks for your input much appreciated !!

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
indeed I here ya on that ive looked on monoprice they have what I need they don't have to be pretty but accurately work . Amazon's got decent prices on certified cables many brands and the lengths I want too . I haven't checked Blue jeans yet I will didn't realize the carried hdmi's . was in our local Best Buy awhike bax
ck ours at least is getting to be slim Pickens on most anything cable related .
Thanks for your input Sir !
I went with Monoprice as they have a store on amazon with quicker shipping for prime members , Iam just going to redo the whole video cables of the whole system and be done and ready for the new display in a month or two Thank you Gentlemen !!

afford-hifi

afford-hifi

Junior Audioholic
Oh come on, what's wrong with spending big bucks on Audioquest?!?!?!?! HAHAHAHA.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis